• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Hello,

Thanks. I fixed most problems. The only thing is that when an item quantity is zero it doesn't say unavailable.

The product status part in wishlist_public I had to change the zero to one. Please see code below.

Thanks again.

I love this contribution!

********* CHECK TO SEE IF PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE **********

*******************************************************************/

if($products['products_status'] == 0) {

echo '<br /><font color="#FF0000"><b>' . TEXT_ITEM_NOT_AVAILABLE . '</b></font>';

}

$i++;

?>

</td>

<td valign="top" class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

<td valign="top" class="productListing-data" align="center">

<?php

/*******************************************************************

* PREVENT THE ITEM FROM BEING ADDED TO CART IF NO LONGER AVAILABLE *

if($products['products_status'] != 0) {

echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('add_wishprod[]',$wishlist[products_id]);

}

Hi,

Ok I got it to work the way it is supposed to work.

The only thing is if I have a product that is out of stock but someone had added it to their wishlist when it was in stock then it says item no longer available. The customer cannot add it to their cart which is good but they can't delete it either.

Does anyone know if there is a way to allow the customer to remove it from their wishlist but not allow the customer to add to their cart?

This has been addressed before but I couldn't find a post where someone got it to work this way.

Thank you in advance!

Hi

Fix for: Call to a member function on a non-object in error

if You problem with shopping_cart /column_right.php

Solve : change main/includes/application_top.php

Find this code:

// Shopping cart actions

Directly above that code ADD this:

// wishlist data

if(!tep_session_is_registered('wishList')) {

tep_session_register('wishList');

$wishList = new wishlist;

}

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {

$attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];

tep_session_register('attributes_id');

}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];

tep_session_register('wishlist_id');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

}

Thanks Ali king , dblake

Edited by aliking

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the WishList contribution working fine except for 1 issue. When I move a product from the wishlist to that shopping cart and then checkout; the product still remains in the wishlist after I submit an order.

How can I get this to work so it clears the product from the wishlist??

Thank you,

olimits7

Hi,

It seems like it does work, but I have to close my browser and then open and log in to see that the product isn't shown in the wishlist anymore.

Shouldn't the product in the wishlist be removed as soon as the order is submitted and I receive my order confirmation page?? This seems to make more sense....

Thank you,

olimits7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first of all: This is a really great contributions.

I am just in the process of installing and I think I am missing the point?!

If a friend visits a wish list that I created and purchases an item. Will be removed from MY wish list? If yes, where is the code to do following?

All is see is:

// remove items from wish list if customer purchased them

$wishList->clear();

Which will remove the product form the list based on the customer_id, in the case above using the ‘friends’ ID???

How does it get rid of the product in my wish list?

Maybe somebody who is using this contribution could explain to me if it works the way it supposed to be?

Thanks,

Roman

I am SOOOO frustrated!!!

Everything is installed and it appears to work, UNTIL you view your wishlist, then EVERY item says "no longer available" the picture is a box with a red x and the prices are all $0.

Also you cannot delete these "no longer available" items. There are checkboxes and there is a delete button, but it doesn't work.

HELP! Where do I look to change whatever is wrong. I'm bug-eyed from searching through this code. :blink:

Thank you!

K

Edited by shartlesville

K,

I've done this twice so far, first time was almost 2 years ago when I started to look into shopping cart software.

Tonight is the second time and I was a little confused at first. So here are a few questions to clearify what we are attempting.

1. What version on the contribution page is the right starting point? I am using the most recent date of "Wishlist 2.1 (built from wishslit 2.0 with spanish support and more) pparrilla 5 Jan 2007". If you open that version it will have the install instruction in html that states, "Guest Enchanced Wishlist 3.5 for osCommerce-ms2".

Go figure. The label says 2.1, but the instructions say "3.5"? Somebody is mislabeling this? Anyway, let me know what you have used for reference.

2. My order of installation. I usually start a text file and keep track of the names of the contribs and the order of implementation.

As it turns out, I managed to create the SQL error, then had the same error you are getting.

Here is that order:

Base install wishlist2.1.zip
- Wishlist 2.1 (built from wishslit 2.0 with spanish support and more) pparrilla 5 Jan 2007

wishlist.php.zip
- Wishlist Update dannyb 91979 6 Dec 2007 (replace for e-mail)

SQL Error fixed with wishlist 3.5 mysql 5 FIX
- FIX for people using Wishlist 3.5x with MySQL 5.x phorbidden 16 Apr 2007

Corrected catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php with FIX_product_list
- FIX problem with product list witalis 8 Mar 2008

Added FIX_1054_problem to boxes/wishlist.php and catalog/wishlist.php
- FIX 1054 witalis 8 Mar 2008

Added 1054 to wishlist_public
- FIX 1054 in wishlist_pubilc.php witalis 19 Mar 2008

All said and done I have it working. Is it right? Not so sure, but I am looking into it further.

I will eventually have my prototype site up soon, so I will post it here when it is ready for you to review if you would like.

Thanks and let me know if that helps.

George

Hi

I have installed the contrib and the bits I've tested are working OK.

Can anyone help me with a button that clears the complete wishlist. There's a contrib called "clear cart" and you don't have to select each checkbox. Just press a button and the wishlist is gone.

Cheers

Ian

K,

I've done this twice so far, first time was almost 2 years ago when I started to look into shopping cart software.

Tonight is the second time and I was a little confused at first. So here are a few questions to clearify what we are attempting.

1. What version on the contribution page is the right starting point? I am using the most recent date of "Wishlist 2.1 (built from wishslit 2.0 with spanish support and more) pparrilla 5 Jan 2007". If you open that version it will have the install instruction in html that states, "Guest Enchanced Wishlist 3.5 for osCommerce-ms2".

Go figure. The label says 2.1, but the instructions say "3.5"? Somebody is mislabeling this? Anyway, let me know what you have used for reference.

2. My order of installation. I usually start a text file and keep track of the names of the contribs and the order of implementation.

As it turns out, I managed to create the SQL error, then had the same error you are getting.

Here is that order:

Base install wishlist2.1.zip
- Wishlist 2.1 (built from wishslit 2.0 with spanish support and more) pparrilla 5 Jan 2007

wishlist.php.zip
- Wishlist Update dannyb 91979 6 Dec 2007 (replace for e-mail)

SQL Error fixed with wishlist 3.5 mysql 5 FIX
- FIX for people using Wishlist 3.5x with MySQL 5.x phorbidden 16 Apr 2007

Corrected catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php with FIX_product_list
- FIX problem with product list witalis 8 Mar 2008

Added FIX_1054_problem to boxes/wishlist.php and catalog/wishlist.php
- FIX 1054 witalis 8 Mar 2008

Added 1054 to wishlist_public
- FIX 1054 in wishlist_pubilc.php witalis 19 Mar 2008

All said and done I have it working. Is it right? Not so sure, but I am looking into it further.

I will eventually have my prototype site up soon, so I will post it here when it is ready for you to review if you would like.

Thanks and let me know if that helps.

George

Hi George,

I followed your instructions exactly (except I changed the button because I have CSS buttons and it won't work) but it gave me a blank page when I clicked on the add to wishlist.

When I went with the newer version and the corrections and fixes I had the issues I listed previously - every item added says it is no longer available and the price is $0. Then nothing can be removed from the wishlist.

Thanks anway!

K

Edited by shartlesville

Hi,

I have a question:

I like this contribution and for now it seems to work, but I don't need the email to friends because I use it as an orderlist and not a wishlist. Customers can put it in the orderlist before they add the items to the cart.

I am new to php, so I will ask it first if this is ok?

I deleted some code from catalog/wishlist.php so that the email code is gone. Is this right or am I gona have problems with it later?

This is where I deleted some code and this is the result:

<?php

/*******************************************************************
*********** CODE TO SPECIFY HOW MANY EMAILS TO DISPLAY *************

if(!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans10.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
  <tr>
       <td align="center">
		<table border="0" width="400px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php 

} else {

?>
       <td align="center">
		<table border="0" width="400px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php

}

?> 		  
		</table>		</td>
  </tr>
</table>
</form>
<?php

} else { // Nothing in the customers wishlist

?>
 <tr>
<td>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo BOX_TEXT_NO_ITEMS;?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table>		</td>
  </tr>
</table>	</td>
 </tr>
</table>
</form>

<?php 
}
?>
<!-- customer_wishlist_eof //-->	</td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I am sorry for my English, it's not perfekt. I am dutch.

Many thanks to the forum to make it all happen!

Hello Forum,

I use Wishlist 3.5d with "Master Product" and "CSS-Button."

Everything will work:

1) product to Wishlist

2) “delete button” and “buy button”

But I do not attributes / options to Wish List! :blink:

I read the thread complete and found nothing!

Please help me!

Sorry for my bad English, B)

come from Vienna

Greetings

Otto

I'm having problems with the wishlist report in Admin contribution.

When ever I click on the Customer Wish Lists section in my admin area all I get is this error message:

1146 - Table 'my_bookcase_co_.TABLE_WISHLIST' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from TABLE_WISHLIST w, products_description pd, customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id where c.customers_id = w.customers_id and w.products_id = pd.products_id

[TEP STOP]

The was no SQL for the contrib and whilw I can add TABLE_WISHLIST to mysql, I dont know what sub catagories and values need to be added.

Can someone please help, and if anyone has a mysql for this error that would be greatly appreciated . thanks

Many thanks

Cheme1ll

I would like to put individual ADD_TO_CART and DELETE buttons against items in a wishlist.

The HTML is simple, but can someone offer guidance on the code to replace the existing 'selected' add & delete stuff?

/****************** ADD PRODUCT TO SHOPPING CART ********************/

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_wishprod'])) {
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_prod_x'])) {
	foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_wishprod'] as $value) {
		$product_id = tep_get_prid($value);
		$cart->add_cart($product_id, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($product_id, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$value]))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$value]);
	}
}
 }

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have installed the contrib and the bits I've tested are working OK.

Can anyone help me with a button that clears the complete wishlist. There's a contrib called "clear cart" and you don't have to select each checkbox. Just press a button and the wishlist is gone.

Cheers

Ian

Solved. Thanks to whoever read my post

i am interested in this contribution, but i planned on using it a LITTLE differently. Instead of a wishlist, it would be used as favorites (we sell images) i would like to keep ALL the functionality except the ADD TO CART from the wishlist because the price of the main product is $0.00 and the attributes are really the products..

Also, i KNOW this is a big request.. but.. Is it possible for to show the items that they added to their "wishlist" in a scrolling box in the footer (or somewhere on the site?) this way the customer can always see what they have added while they go along.. instead of having to always click back to their wishlist page.

I understand the need for their own page, but it WOULD be nice to create a wide and narrow scrolling box that shows all their images and has a little button to remove one from there if they wish.

ANY suggestions on this?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I am using this contribution, but have 1 issue. When I remove an item from wishlist, and go back to any other page on the site, the item shows up again. So I can continue to remove it as many times as I want, it will still not go away. Only way to get rid of it, is to log out, close the webbrowser and start over again.

Is this the way it should be??

You can watch it at www.barnebutikk.no - PS! norwegian only

I am trying to get WishList 3.5 up and running on my site.

I get the fallowing error in the code that checks for number of items in the wish list.

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_wishlist() on a non-object in /home/countrystores/public_html/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 14

Code is

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if($wishlist->count_wishlist() != '0') { require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php'); }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

I am a Perl hacker and am new to PHP

Shanta

I am trying to get WishList 3.5 up and running on my site.

I get the fallowing error in the code that checks for number of items in the wish list.

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_wishlist() on a non-object in /home/countrystores/public_html/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 14

it seems that there is a fix in one of the bugfixes submitted to the site. The count_wishlist() was supposed to be missing from the class file but I inspected the class file an it is there. I checked to see if I had forgotten to put the require wishlist class in the application header and it is there.

Anyone have an Idea as to why this is not working?

Thanks

Shanta

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I have Wishlist 3.5 and SPPC Installed . Wanted to put an "ADD TO WISHLIST" button on the Product Listing page. PLEase advice

I am looking for the same thing, found a solution at the page below, near the bottom, if you have not found it yet

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...6244&st=720