• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

From all the wishlists I've used.. a person uses it to compile items they like and want from a store.. then a link is usually emailed to someone so that the other person can go to said store and purchase what this person wants?

but where is that unique link/URL created ? my /wishlist.php just emails the LIST of products i have selected.

I would suppose that wishlist_public.php would do something... but if I point my browser to it... it redirects me to index. What is it suppose to do ?

I'm sorry. I have no idea how to fix that. I just know it emails out a link and then it is pointed towards that person's wishlist_public.php

Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon.

Weird, that is what I get when logged in.. I haven't tried not logged in, but I would imagine it would be similar. Hope you get it fixed because that is beyond me!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to add Wishlist 3.5d to my website - used the 06/20/2006 version by yesudo with the rollup of contributions. I'm using the RC.1 version of MS2. Had the 1054 error and add the fixes for that. Reinstalled twice because of a table error I'm seeing on my site. When I hit the wishlist link, the layout of my site is broken. The wishlist form is shoved out to the right of my pages. At the start of this forum, I can see this was an issue, but seems to be resolved later. In searching for this issue I see a previous poster in 12/2007 also had this same issue, but the question was not answered. Every thing appears to be working ok ( with the exception of sending wishlist emails, but that's another issue )... would anyone know the fix for this? - thanks for any help!

Edited by jeeper95

• 1 month later...

Hi, just passing by to say a HUUUUGEEEE THANK YOU for this contrib.

I've used it on my newly opened site (feedback thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=302114 ) and it's a really major feature that we think is amazing. It's been tweaked a bit to fit in with the site but there's no way in a million years I could have done something like this from scratch!

Thanks again and regards from Madrid!

Thanks for this excellent contribution!

I do, however, have a problem with it, concerning removing stuff from a wishlist (I've added the cookie patch to wishlists).

First off, I'm running wishlist 3.5d with all the pertinent fixes, on osCommerce v2.2 RC1 (mysql 4.0.26-log, PHP 4.3.10/Zend: 1.3.0, Apache 2.0.52 on a linux 2.4.29 system). This bugg occurs in Firefox 2.x and IE7.x (tested), but probably will in most browsers.

If I had a couple of products to my wishlist, hit "my wishlist", and then delete a product it is removed from my wishlist. If I then delete another product, that product disappears, but the old one (that I deleted earlier) pops back into my wishlist. If I delete everything from my wishlist it looks like all items are deleted ("No items in wishlist"), but if I hit "My Wishlist" again, all products are back again.

I have no firewalls and/or security policies/antiviruses/malware-protection, so nothing is interfering with the cookie/session handling.

I disable all cookies (using Web Developer Toolbar for Firefox) and the problem is still exactly the same.

Any clues?

Edited by nahkampf

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this error all of the sudden ..

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_wishlist() on a non-object in /home/genericd/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 330

My code in that part of application_top.php is :

// navigation history
if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation') && is_object($navigation)) {
if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
$broken_navigation = $navigation;
$navigation = new navigationHistory;
$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);
}
} else {
tep_session_register('navigation');
$navigation = new navigationHistory;
}
$navigation->add_current_page();
// wishlist data 
if(!tep_session_is_registered('wishList')) { 
tep_session_register('wishList'); 
$wishList = new wishlist; 
}

Any help please..

regards,

Anand

• 2 weeks later...

wishlist_public.php fix for no product details showing:

find:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from ( " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");
$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

and comment out the extra $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query); line like so:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from ( " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");
//$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone direct me to the download page for wishlist 3.0 as I can only see wistlist 2.0

Go in Wishlist 2.0, "expand all" subjects, Ctrl+F and then search 3.0 ... or 3.5 ... which are before wishlist 2.1 and the last bugfix for ... 2.0 :blink:

there is something i don't understand !?

if somebody does and can synthetize ... thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed the install and my admin panel shows the wishlist option, but I cant view my page? I have double checked my code maiing sure I didn't miss one and all seems ok but I can no longer open the shop! www.owlwebs.co.uk/catalog Any help greatly appreciated.

Ps. This is a very inportant feature for a project so I was extemely happy when I found it now and extemely bummed I cant get it to work!!! Thanks

Keep passing the open windows.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed wishlist 3.5d. I get this when I try to add item to wishlist

error 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '255' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

I checked this thread and saw Dennis gave (quote below) this as a solution. Can anyone tell me which file I need to change or how to do this?

Also in phpmyadmin when I look at customers_wishlist column on the bottom where it shows the indexes I get a warning No index defined! Is this normal?

Thank you in advance,

artsyle

Change 'p.products_id' to 'pd.products_id' in the query that is erroring. Some people's MySQL's are setup differently and when i did this 2-3 years ago, I didn't take that into consideration.

Dennis

Hi,

I installed wishlist 3.5d. I get this when I try to add item to wishlist

error 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '255' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

I checked this thread and saw Dennis gave (quote below) this as a solution. Can anyone tell me which file I need to change or how to do this?

Also in phpmyadmin when I look at customers_wishlist column on the bottom where it shows the indexes I get a warning No index defined! Is this normal?

Thank you in advance,

artsyle

Ok I followed a fix from the wishlist contributions which fixed most of the problem. (wishlist 3.5 mysql5 fix). The only thing is when I email the list the link to the wishlist gives

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '255' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hi,

I fixed most problems except for wishlist_public file needs work.

When I click on the email link it takes me to the wishlist public.php page.

However if I leave the values in this section at 0 like below then it shows items as not available and the select check box to add to cart is not there.

If I change the value from 0 to 1 then the item is no longer available does not appear. The select check box appears but when I try to add item to cart it takes me to the catalog page and item is not added to cart.

Can anyone help??

CHECK TO SEE IF PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE **********

*******************************************************************/

if($products['products_status'] == 0) {

echo '<br /><font color="#FF0000"><b>' . TEXT_ITEM_NOT_AVAILABLE . '</b></font>';

and

* PREVENT THE ITEM FROM BEING ADDED TO CART IF NO LONGER AVAILABLE *

*******************************************************************/

if($products['products_status'] != 0) {

echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('add_wishprod[]',$wishlist[products_id]);

I'm using wishlist 3.5d with a few fixes. The problem is that when I add a product to the wishlist it does the validation like it's supposed to and I get a message stating that the product has been added to the wishlist, but there is no data written to the database, no email is received and the wishlist is blank. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked, and I'm 100% positive that the database is set up correctly.

Any idea of what I could be missing? It's like the prompt says that all is okay, but no reports (even on the user side) display that anything has been added to anyone's wishlist.

Ok I followed a fix from the wishlist contributions which fixed most of the problem. (wishlist 3.5 mysql5 fix). The only thing is when I email the list the link to the wishlist gives

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '255' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Just try this query

"select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on pd.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name"

just paste this query in the wishlist.php and wish_public.php in the catalog and also in the wishlist.php in includes in the place of ur query..and try for that..I'm not sure but make a trail of it