• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Ok, the Wishlist box on the right of the page is showing up and the numbers are showing up according to how many items are in the Wishlist, but all it shows is:

But when I click on the arrow button in the same box, it then displays the names next to the numbers:

1. Item

2. Item

3. Item

But it only shows with the Item Description when it is on the Wishlist page.

Any ideas?

^^^also, when it does that.. the wishlist in the middle shows correctly, but the wishlist in the box on the right shows 3 items that aren't even in the wishlist :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,

installed this contrib (Wishlist 2.1 (built from wishslit 2.0 with spanish support and more)).

it adds items to the wish list but doesnt delete or add to the cart also emails dont work.

i have noticed that if i view the source of the wishlist.php page in the browser there is no opening form tag.

so its got no chance has it?:blink:

whys this missing? where should it go? whats the code for adding the form? :-"

any help greatly appreciated.. :thumbsup:

thx tikidi

Hi all ,

installed this contrib (Wishlist 2.1 (built from wishslit 2.0 with spanish support and more)).

it adds items to the wish list but doesnt delete or add to the cart also emails dont work.

i have noticed that if i view the source of the wishlist.php page in the browser there is no opening form tag.

so its got no chance has it?:blink:

whys this missing? where should it go? whats the code for adding the form? :-"

any help greatly appreciated.. :thumbsup:

thx tikidi

This is the Wishlist 3.0+ thread. I suggest installing the latest version of that which the last one I put out was 3.5d.

This is the Wishlist 3.0+ thread. I suggest installing the latest version of that which the last one I put out was 3.5d.

why is it i spend 2 days sorting this out. give up then post for some help. and in the following 2minutes i find the problem. :blink:

cheers anyway

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the wishlist to show on the right column?? I have a mod version of OSC, and in the column_right.php I have the following,

$column_location = 'Right';
?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES_AZ . 'loginbox_az02.php'); ?>
  	<?php require(DIR_WS_BOXES_AZ . 'shopping_cart.php'); ?>

<?php
if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') { require(DIR_WS_BOXES_AZ . 'wishlist.php'); 
?>

<?php
if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES_AZ . 'order_history.php'); }
?>

But for some reason, it will not list the wishlist box?

Thanks JR

I looked through the last 10 pages or so of the forum, so I apologize if I missed anything.

I have no problems adding items to the wishlist, emailing them to friends or adding items to the cart from the wishlist. However, when I purchase an item from the wishlist, it is not removed. It still shows up on the wishlist.

Where should I look to begin troubleshooting this?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Gretchen

Wow its amazing people are still using the wishlist. I figured OSC would have created a new version and made this contribution absolute. :)

If it's usable, it's being used. ;) And if it works, it's being used even more. :D

But back to business, I have a problem with Wishlist 3.5d and iBox login/ajax login contribution. In bug tracking I've found out that with this session information:

wishlist|O:8:"wishlist":1:{s:6:"wishID";N;},

login works, from login.php page when there's no session involved on landing on login.php

How ever when going through loginbox.php or with that session to login.php the situation is the same, and in this case session information is as follows:

wishlist|O:8:"wishlist":0:{}
  OR  wishlist|N;

Whenever session "wishlist" is empty or not available, login won't work. The error message is: Call to a member function restore_wishlist() on a non-object

which is fairly logical, since empty wishlist is a non-object, I guess. But what I can't seem to be able to figure out is, why login.php creates wishID = N into session in case where no session is to begin with. But won't do the same if session is active.

Also I noticed that when loginbox posts information to login.php, session ID changes. Might this cause the problem? When not using loginbox, and going through a session link to login.php and the session ID stays the same, login does again work. But how do I keep session the same when posting from loginbox to login?

Can anyone wiser help in this specific problem? osC version is the OM 2.2a.

As it seems the wishlist + ibox login work ONLY if your cookie settings are correct, so only through cookie session, not otherwise. So have "Force Cookie Use" on true on your backend AND your cookie settings correct.

I fixed my configure to have a working cookie settings on my local machine and this error went away. If I took off the cookie settings, logging in with loginbox -> not working.

Also if you do development on "localhost", this combination won't work if you address to your dev site as "http://localhost", use your IP and have your configure accordingly for this IP and everything works.

Also finally, you can't use option "Recreate Session" with this combination. It has to be "False" on backend.

Also I found another issue which is separate from the wishlist+ibox login problem, but had to repair it nevertheless to make this work so I'll post it here as well, in case someone has this exact same problem:

the error in question is Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object which is on navigation object.

fix for this:

Change in catalog/includes/application_top.php :

// navigation history
if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {
if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
$broken_navigation = $navigation;
$navigation = new navigationHistory;
$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);
}
} else {
tep_session_register('navigation');
}
$navigation->add_current_page();

to:

// navigation history
if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation') && is_object($navigation) {
if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
$broken_navigation = $navigation;
$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);
}
} else {
tep_session_register('navigation');
}
$navigation->add_current_page();

fix can be found in forums here: CLICK

Hope this helps, if anyone has same issues. :)

Weird.. I'm not sure when this happened.. but I was testing something out and it happened to deal with the wishlist. When I click to view the wishlist, it is showing one image for the products, even tho it isn't the image that is stored for that product listed. So basically we have Image A (Product A).. and no matter what product is being added.. Product B, Product C, Product D, etc.. it is for some reason showing it as Product A. If I put my cursor over the image or even click on it, it goes to the right product.. just shows as the wrong image *confused look*

^^^I wasn't testing any mods out.. just adding products and seeing if the information was correct. I just happened to have added the product I was revising to the wishlist and that is when I noticed it. It did work previously.

^^^it worked for the private wishlist, but the fix didn't work for the public wishlist. When someone gets emailed the wishlist and they go and click on the link, the same image shows for all the products regardless of what the product is. So basically same problem but for the public viewing, not private this time.

Hello,

Thanks for a great contribution, but I am having an problem when adding to the wishlist. It is adding to the shopping cart. I have browsed this forum, and have checked the application_top.php, and the wishlist action code is above Shopping cart actions. I have also checked the installation of code to products_info.php. I also am not running the CSS contribution. This is a modified version of OSC 2.2MS RC1. What else should I look for, can not find the issue.

This is the line I have in product_info.php

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="center" class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', 'Add to Wishlist', 'name="wishlist" value="wishlist"'); ?></td>

Thanks JR

^^^it worked for the private wishlist, but the fix didn't work for the public wishlist. When someone gets emailed the wishlist and they go and click on the link, the same image shows for all the products regardless of what the product is. So basically same problem but for the public viewing, not private this time.

I guess it might have something to do with wishlist_public.php, but can't figure out what >_<

ETA: It is showing the wrong price as well.

Edited by MoonFaery

Hello,

Thanks for a great contribution, but I am having an problem when adding to the wishlist. It is adding to the shopping cart.

I was having the same problem but just figured it out. For whatever reason when I added the lines from the install file they bundled together. So what should appear has 5 lines of code appears only as 1. This isn't a problem unless the line begins with a //header. In one of the application_top codes, there are two //headers. Once I started the the second //header codes on their own line, the whole thing worked for me. So it should look like this:

// wishlist data
if(!tep_session_is_registered('wishList')) { tep_session_register('wishList'); $wishList = new wishlist; } 
//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions) 
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) { if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) { if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) { $attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']; tep_session_register('attributes_id'); } $wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']; tep_session_register('wishlist_id'); } tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST)); }

Weird.. I'm not sure when this happened.. but I was testing something out and it happened to deal with the wishlist. When I click to view the wishlist, it is showing one image for the products, even tho it isn't the image that is stored for that product listed. So basically we have Image A (Product A).. and no matter what product is being added.. Product B, Product C, Product D, etc.. it is for some reason showing it as Product A. If I put my cursor over the image or even click on it, it goes to the right product.. just shows as the wrong image *confused look*

I'm having this same problem except with wishlist_public. Not only is it using Image A for all products, it's also using Price A for all. Since this isn't a problem in my wishlist.php, I'm hoping to find time later today to compare with wishlist_public.php and hopefully find the discrepancy. I'm using the wishlist.php that was uploaded by Sikulae on 31 Jan 2008.

MoonFaery,

I got mine working the way it should. There's a line pulling from a few of the wrong tables. In wishlist.php, the line is #236 (in mine). It should be this:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from ( " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

In wishlist_public.php it's line 147:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from ( " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

Hi all, my wishlist works swell except for public_wishlist.php, which is still giving me this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '84' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

I changed

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_form', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_PUBLIC)); ?>

to

<?php echo tep_draw_form('wishlist_form', tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST_PUBLIC, 'public_id='.$public_id)); ?>

already - why would I still be getting this message?

Thanks so so much for your help!

Best,

Allison

Thank you, jawapez.. I ended up sending a PM to the person that did the bug fix previously and they were able to help me :) Your posting should help those that might have the same problem!

accarter.. go into the file and change each of the p.products_id to pd.products_id

ETA: I just noticed that the fix I used was also added to the contributions page :)

Edited by MoonFaery