function value() 
{
document.cart_quantity.submit();
}
//--></script>

and replace the image_submit function, with this:

<a href="java script:value('wishlist')">Add to Wishlist</a>

Works for me!

Are you sure that this code works on your page? I get an error and no item is on the wishlist.

Regards

Roland

I have mine running so that once your wishlist is created you have a password which you can give to a friend (didn't like to have an email form for spammers to use) also if based on $customer_id it can be guessed easily.

I created a file called wishlist_view where a guest then enters the pass and is sent to wishlist_public where they can view the wishlist.

If they add to cart and purchase the item is removed from the wishlist (both public and otherwise).

This is exactly what I'm looking for (the gift list feature, so friends can buy a gift and it's removed from the wishlist). Are you planning to do a contribution for this or can someone tell whether it can be done relatively easily? I haven't installed Wishlist yet as I'm just trying to find out if it'll do what I need.

Thanks,

Martin.

Hi, i have a shop wich display's the products when there sold out, but when the product stock is zero

it ain't possible to move a product in the wishlist.

Somebody knows why? or how to resolve the problem.

thnxz

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i have a shop wich display's the products when there sold out, but when the product stock is zero

it ain't possible to move a product in the wishlist.

Somebody knows why? or how to resolve the problem.

thnxz

Anyone??

Hi,

I hope you are all well. i'm looking for some help with this great contribution. I would like to add the add to wishlist function on shopping cart page. I would like the option for the customer to add the product to wishlist from this page. Notably, i would need the option next to each product if there is more than one in the shopping cart. Thanks in advance for all help, advice and support given.

Best Wishes,

Steven

I couldn't re edit

includes_application_top.php

Find

$cart_cache = ob_get_clean();

Add below

if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') {
ob_start();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
$wishlist_cache = ob_get_clean();
}

Hi there, this looks like its just the job for a site I am building, perfect with the modifications thunderace workded out.

Quick question to thunderace/babygurgles - which of the numerous contribs relating to Wishlish 3.x did you install?

This is one this which always baffles me when going looking for contributions, there are always so many (usually) additional files and bits that one never knows if they are all additional or included etc, so any advice you can give me would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Allan Young

Hi there, this looks like its just the job for a site I am building, perfect with the modifications thunderace workded out.

Quick question to thunderace/babygurgles - which of the numerous contribs relating to Wishlish 3.x did you install?

This is one this which always baffles me when going looking for contributions, there are always so many (usually) additional files and bits that one never knows if they are all additional or included etc, so any advice you can give me would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Glad you like my site btw

I started off with ..

osCommerce MS2 - Wishlist

Posted on 20th June by vesudo

I started there because it seemed a "rollup" of bugfixes

I keep saying "started" because my version is highly modified for my own needs.

Good luck

Edited by Babygurgles

Hello friends,

I can make with that when an user to select the product of wishlist to the stand and to finish the order the product is not more available so that another user buys in the wishlilist. for example, to mark the product as selled

somebody knows as?

wait a help, thank you.

Hello friends,

I can make with that when an user to select the product of wishlist to the stand and to finish the order the product is not more available so that another user buys in the wishlilist. for example, to mark the product as selled

somebody knows as?

wait a help, thank you.

No this functionality is not available as standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys and girls,

I'm having some problems with wishlist and cant seem to find anyone else having the same issue.

Basically wishlist is doing everything that it says on the tin except e-mailing the lists to friends. Instead, I get the error messages of:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/artisan/public_html/oscom/wishlist.php on line 115

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/artisan/public_html/oscom/wishlist.php on line 143

The form does claim that the wishlist was sent sucessfully, but the e-mail never turns up.

I have had to use a register globals patch to get osCommerce to install correctly, could this be a problem?

I'm also tempted to start from scratch, just to be sure that the problem is not my own fault - it's possible I could have made an error whilst editing some of the osCommerce files while adding wishlist.

For the moment though, does this sound familiar to anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed this contrib and multiple fixes. It looks like it will work pretty cool, but I have one concern.

I also use Actual Attributes Prices, which displays the price of the model, instead of just the price difference.

With the wishlist contrib, the attribute choice shows up on the wishlist page, but the price does not reflect the attribute selection. When an item in the wishlist is added to the cart the actual price is shown, but this may be confusing for customers.

Does anyone know how to make the actual attribute price work with this contrib?

Thanks, Matt

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone i have installed the wishlist contribution and it works well however I have added a wishlist button to product_listing but when the button is pressed the item is not added to the list. it says "no products are in wishlist"

Could anyone tell me what i am doing wrong or how to fix this.

I was also wondering how the "email your wish list" works all i have when the user is signed in is a message area but no area to type in the email address. I am a bit confussed

Thanks if anyone can help

Figured it out today:

Add this script to the head of productinfo.php

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--
function value() 
{
document.cart_quantity.submit();
}
//--></script>

and replace the image_submit function, with this:

<a href="java script:value('wishlist')">Add to Wishlist</a>

Works for me!

as already mentioned in previous posts this solution doesn´t work. Is anyone able to replace the tep_image_submit image with a simple text link? Thank You!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone i have installed the wishlist contribution and it works well however I have added a wishlist button to product_listing but when the button is pressed the item is not added to the list. it says "no products are in wishlist"

Could anyone tell me what i am doing wrong or how to fix this.

I was also wondering how the "email your wish list" works all i have when the user is signed in is a message area but no area to type in the email address. I am a bit confussed

Thanks if anyone can help

Hi ClaireB85

i´ve had the samt problem - with a simple solution: the mistake was not to change the Database with included "wishlilst.sql"

After that all things worked well.

hope this one helps you a bit

cheers,

Musi

me again ;-)

i said "all things worked well" - that´s not true. There´s a big problem with the "send wishlist to friend"

I think that i´m not the only one with this problem, because i saw a lot of Questions about that "You must include atleast one name and email." but i did´nt found any answer at all ?!

does anyone have a solution for this ?

would be great

cheers,

Musi

p.s.: thanks Dennis, for this great contrib !

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me please?

I've installed the Wishlist contribution, I think it's an excellent contribution and it's all working well for me except one feature.

I can't seem to get the "add to wishlist" button in product_listing to work. When I click it, it takes me to the wishlist page but does not transfer the product to the wishlist.

The code is:-

Find this code: 
 case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':Insert the following before the break statement if you wish to show the wishlist button when listing products (the if statement filters only for logged users): 
           if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))  //only registered users 
           { //'add to wishlist' button bellow the 'buy now' button in the list of products. 
           $lc_text .= '< BR >' . tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST,  'name="wishlist" value="wishlist" width="80%"')  . '</form >';            
           }

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with this?

For 3.5d users. If you have register globals off, which is a good thing, then you will need to fix the following code in order for emails to friends from your wishlist.php page to be sent.

The problem:

/catalog/wishlist.php email sending script requires register globals on as the friend array and email array passed in $_POST are currently coded for register globals.

The fix:

The following code secures the $email and $friend arrays from $_POST without register globals:

1. Look for the following code:
    //Check each posted name => email for errors.
    	$j = 0;
    	foreach($_POST['friend'] as $friendx) {
    				 if($j == 0) {

2. Replace it with the following code:
    //Check each posted name => email for errors.
    $j = 0;
    foreach($_POST['friend'] as $friendx) {
      // secure post
     $friendx = strip_tags($friendx);

if($j == 0) {
      $friend = $_POST['friend'];

// secure posts
     $x = 0;
     foreach ($friend as $value) {
    	$friend[$x] = strip_tags($value);
    	$x++;
     }

$email = $_POST['email'];
     $x = 0;
     foreach ($email as $value) {
    	$email[$x] = strip_tags($value);
    	$x++;
    }

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me please?

I've installed the Wishlist contribution, I think it's an excellent contribution and it's all working well for me except one feature.

I can't seem to get the "add to wishlist" button in product_listing to work. When I click it, it takes me to the wishlist page but does not transfer the product to the wishlist.

The code is:-

Find this code: 
 case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':Insert the following before the break statement if you wish to show the wishlist button when listing products (the if statement filters only for logged users): 
           if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))  //only registered users 
           { //'add to wishlist' button bellow the 'buy now' button in the list of products. 
           $lc_text .= '< BR >' . tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,  tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')) . tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST,  'name="wishlist" value="wishlist" width="80%"')  . '</form >';            
           }

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with this?

hello

as i didnt found any thing on french side i will try to have a small help here ... :rolleyes:

( wishlist contribution is not much used there )

i have the same problem for apply the wishlist link in my product_listing . (on my MS2 )

did you may be found a solution at tis time ?

as well i found something on the German side talking about this link

but no real solution ...

kindly

Didier

ms2fr delaballe + "main_categories1.0c_1" ; del column_right ;compatibilité AOL ; DYNAMENUS ; login box ; Twenga_xml ; leguide_xml ; create_pdf,v 1.4 (factures) ; quick stock update ; pdf_katalog_206 ok ; CCGV Trad ; Stock list ; Stock icones ; FCK editor ; newsletter subscriber ; Admin Access Level (not activ) ;

finaly i did found something running ,

not the fuul best solution but running well for the link...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...166244-600.html

The code now looks like:

application_top.php

CODE

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)

if(isset($_REQUEST['wishlist_x'])) {

if(isset($_REQUEST['products_id'])) {

if(isset($_REQUEST['id'])) {

$attributes_id = $_REQUEST['id'];

tep_session_register('attributes_id');

}

$wishlist_id = $_REQUEST['products_id'];

tep_session_register('wishlist_id');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

}

new_products.php / product_listing.php

CODE

[...]

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename(FILENAME_WISHLIST), 'wishlist_x=0&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">'

[...]

the only one thing i find not well is that for each clik i have to open the wishlist screen

and came back for add the next item

on place to stay on the list page and clik one after other product directly

but its a first step

now i stop

its late and i work tomorow

good night

ms2fr delaballe + "main_categories1.0c_1" ; del column_right ;compatibilité AOL ; DYNAMENUS ; login box ; Twenga_xml ; leguide_xml ; create_pdf,v 1.4 (factures) ; quick stock update ; pdf_katalog_206 ok ; CCGV Trad ; Stock list ; Stock icones ; FCK editor ; newsletter subscriber ; Admin Access Level (not activ) ;