• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SessionID problems with guests?

veral

Hi all,

Problem: Users only get a sessionid (which is appended to the URL) after they click on a link on my site, meaning that a minimum of 2 clicks is required before anything can be accessed or searched ...

I've somehow introduced the problem to my site (www.playables.com) by altering the signin (can't remember where) by:

1) Adding autologin (remembers your userid / password) - ran fine after I installed this

2) Letting guests check out carts (i.e. no login required for checkout)...

I'm guessing it's some amendment I made (a whilllllllle back) so I don't know what I should be checking... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

PS. the admin side works fine.

Hi all,

Problem: Users only get a sessionid (which is appended to the URL) after they click on a link on my site, meaning that a minimum of 2 clicks is required before anything can be accessed or searched ...

I've somehow introduced the problem to my site (www.playables.com) by altering the signin (can't remember where) by:

1) Adding autologin (remembers your userid / password) - ran fine after I installed this

2) Letting guests check out carts (i.e. no login required for checkout)...

I'm guessing it's some amendment I made (a whilllllllle back) so I don't know what I should be checking...  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

PS. the admin side works fine.

what are you basing this conclusion on ?

Treasurer MFC

Archived