• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hacking credit card payments

jonmayes

Hey guys,

I have a client who are migrating their products onto osCommerce. I've written a script already for them which handles payments by credit card, but now I would like to integrate this into a payment module for osC.

I was taking a look at the source today and it *appears* you can just edit some of the names in e.g. the cc.php file to get the shopping cart to communicate with an external script, but is it this straightforward? I need to add cardtype to the payment details form, but apart from that everything we need is already there. So can I just change a few variable names around in the cc.php script? Is it that simple or are there some other things I need to know about?

I turn to you guys for help due to the general lack of documentation on this topic!

Cheers

what is the reason for the card type? that can be figured out from the verification process. and usually the first few #'s tell you what it is.

are they manually processing credit cards?

the current CC module will allow you to do a 'split credit card' for safety.

what is the reason for the card type? that can be figured out from the verification process.  and usually the first few #'s tell you what it is.

are they manually processing credit cards?

the current CC module will allow you to do a 'split credit card' for safety.

No they are processed automatically. Basically all I want to do is make the payment details page send the info to this script I've written to process the payment, then return to the confirmation page.

Do you know of any scripts then that would tell you the card type from the number?

No they are processed automatically. Basically all I want to do is make the payment details page send the info to this script I've written to process the payment, then return to the confirmation page.

Do you know of any scripts then that would tell you the card type from the number?

ok I changed the variables to what I need successfully - does anyone know which file you have to change to alter the form action url for the confirmation page?