• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

'On The Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library 2.1

mloeffen

hmm installed upto

'Congratulations, you've just enabled the thumbnailer contribution for your store!'

and i went on my site and nothing shows up...antechnology.co.uk

@Rich: please upload a working version of the thumbnailer before everyone starts complaining it does not work. Both the files of product_thumb.php should be identical.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I just wanted to mention that I was having some problems with this contribution; however, having just installed 'Josua's update (found here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226, dated April14th) everything is working perfectly. So for those still having problems I can positively recommend giving this update a try - it simply requires replacing the product_thumb.php file in your root. Remember to backup your original file just in case.

I may have struggled on indefinitely with this problem had I not discovered Josua's fix, so particular thanks to you, Josua!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks for a brilliant contribution and to all those that have continued to work on and update it.

Cheers,

L. :thumbsup:

To add to my above post:

Just to confirm, the contribution version I originally installed and was having problems with was v2.2; I don't know whether this fix will work with other versions of the AutoThumbnailer, if indeed there were any problems with previous versions. Might it be possible to compile an updated/complete contribution that includes the fix for any new users that come across it? Not a request, just a forward-minded suggestion. Thanks again everyone!

Sorry for the late response but I've been rushed off my feet of late. I've updated the package with the previous SQL update and josua's bugfix. Thanks josua.

Sorry for the error. I hope everything is better now.

Has anyone made this work with UltraPics or does it have a ability to have extra pics per product?

*Please delete, my brower / net connection went funny and submitted twice*

Edited by paulbrown

• 2 weeks later...

hello

tried to install on the fly auto thumbnailer and i worked fine untill i did something and suddenly both my admin and shop went totally bananas. have tried to step-by-step replace the files i've changed but still the same error shows:

shop:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/slimjim/karen.peterlundgren.se/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!

admin:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/slimjim/karen.peterlundgren.se/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!

anyone had this problem?

if so, please help me...

/peter

I have just installed this and followed the instructions as they should be.

The majority of images are working fine but some are not showing, any ideas?

This is the website

You could try taking the amersands out of the image filename.

Edited by psynaptic

I have just installed this and followed the instructions as they should be.

The majority of images are working fine but some are not showing, any ideas?

This is the website

I see you've fixed your image problem. Did changing the filenames work for you?

I see you've fixed your image problem. Did changing the filenames work for you?

Yes worked treat, many thanks for your help :)

Hi,

Great contrib first off. I followed the instructions, and even went over them two more times and everything seems to work fine when it comes to uploading images and the creation of the thumbnails. Also the product listings show the "No Image" pic as a thumbnail. The problem I have run into is that when I click on the item that I have not added an image to and go to the details page the only thing that comes up is the date the product was added. None of the product details is displayed. This only happens on items that I have not added an image to and it should show the "No Image" pic but nothing shows.

Here is the website.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi

This is a great contribution.

However, I must say, that I got a fright when I saw a big "No Image" quare on my site.

Furthermore, when I click on the products under the "Categories" field, there was another four squares.

To circumvent this "problem" I simply commented out the following code in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php:

// if no file exists display the 'no image' file

if (!is_file($src)) {

$src = "images/no_image.jpg";

}

Hi

This is a great contribution.

However, I must say, that I got a fright when I saw a big "No Image" quare on my site.

Furthermore, when I click on the products under the "Categories" field, there was another four squares.

To circumvent this "problem" I simply commented out the following code in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php:

// if no file exists display the 'no image' file

if (!is_file($src)) {

$src = "images/no_image.jpg";

}

Maybe we should make it optional in the admin settings page. I noticed that if a layout image such as corner_left.gif is missing it replaces it with the no-image.jpg image. Not nice at all!

Thanks to everyone that worked on this contrib, it's great and running perfectly in my store.

Just a little note: in product_thumb.php there is an outdated reference to a textfile on line 11:

// Used in conjunction with modified tep_image in html_output.php (see: readme.txt).

This should probably be changed to readme.html

Hello,

Im new to oscommerce and php. Im trying to install 'on the fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GG library. Im having a problem on "step#4 Verify config settings".

Step#4 says;

In catalog/includes/configure.php

Verify the following code exists (21, 22, 23)

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

Note: Check this configuration file to make sure the path is set correctly for both your catalog directory and your images directory.

With the above example, the DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG value should be /catalog/ and the DIR_WS_IMAGES value images/. (Notice that it doesn't have a leading slash)

My fyle in catalog/includes/configure.php line 21,22 e 23 says:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

What should i do? I tryed lots of things that didnt work.

Thak you

Miguel

Edited by phpsurfer

I'm having a quality problem. The thumbnails being generated are really chunky. Here's an example:

http://www.littleotsu.com/catalog/product_...19e50c9c7b5af5a

Any help is super appreciated. Thanks!

Is this still an issue?

As this contribution will resample your images it's best to keep high quality originals as the additional processing done by the compression will further deteriorate your images. Try it with higher quality images if it's still a problem.

Hi,

I have installed this contribution - very nice, thank you! I have one question: any idea what must I do in order that on mouse-over to display the full - real image ?

There are a couple of contributions for this. Please see the contribs section.

Thanks to everyone that worked on this contrib, it's great and running perfectly in my store.

Just a little note: in product_thumb.php there is an outdated reference to a textfile on line 11:

// Used in conjunction with modified tep_image in html_output.php (see: readme.txt).

This should probably be changed to readme.html

Please feel free to update the contribution.

Hello,

Im new to oscommerce and php. Im trying to install 'on the fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GG library. Im having a problem on "step#4 Verify config settings".

Step#4 says;

In catalog/includes/configure.php

Verify the following code exists (21, 22, 23)

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

Note: Check this configuration file to make sure the path is set correctly for both your catalog directory and your images directory.

With the above example, the DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG value should be /catalog/ and the DIR_WS_IMAGES value images/. (Notice that it doesn't have a leading slash)

My fyle in catalog/includes/configure.php line 21,22 e 23 says:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

What should i do? I tryed lots of things that didnt work.

Thak you

Miguel

Your settings should only contain /catalog/ if you've got your site in a sub-directory named catalog.