• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support Thread for Supertracker Contribution

equilla

Last Page Viewed: .........../http_error.php

this seems to be the page that is most common loaded up when leaving my website. The only thing is that I don't understand why, perhaps OSC automatically load the page when a visitor is leaving or....

Any suggestion?

Hi Mark!

I've just discovered your contribution and it's great work!!!

Is there a way to have it merged with another contribution called Visitors web stats ? Now I use both and I fear it slowdowns the page loading (3 tables : visitors_trace, visitors and now supertracker thus too many queries)?!

The file admin/visitors.php offers the ability to sort information, has a Search Engine Ranking + identify bots.

Regards!! and thanks for this contribution.

OSC2.2

Hi! Very nice contrib!

I'm using it on www.futura-online.com and tracks ok :blush:

Just One tip, I have other own contribution that changes taxes for products automatically based on GEOip too, so i had a problem installing the contrib, it shows an error:

bla bla bla CAN'T REDEFINE GEOIP class etc etc

If you have that problem, just edit /catalog/includes/classes/supertracker.php and comment this line:

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . "geoip.inc"); ----> change to:

// include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . "geoip.inc");

thats all :)

Edited by REKiEM

The instructions still conflict with the catalog/includes/GeoIP.dat and "step 5" admin/includes/GeoIP.dat. Just a little bug note. Guess the "step 5" should match the prior.

I like this contrib! Super cool!

Brill Contri

i got this error upon install http://www.ucsuk.com/update_supertracker.php

1060 - Duplicate column name 'country_code'

ALTER TABLE `supertracker` ADD `country_code` VARCHAR( 2 ) NOT NULL AFTER `ip_address`

[TEP STOP]

but all works fine except for i get this in admin i get this

was wondering if you can help me finding why its blank

st1.gif

and

st2.gif

also having problems with the pay per click feature

configuring it as im no php guru lol

Regards Andy

Edited by andyucs

Hi Andy,

I suspect the error on install was because you ran the update_supertracker.php script when you didn't need to.

The blanks should ideally read "Direct Address/Bookmark", because that's what they are - I will try and remember to correct this in a future version.

For everyone else - I know that there a few other posts here that I need to respond to. I'm having problems with people giving me too much work to do at the moment :o but will be devoting some time to the next release of Supertracker in the next couple of weeks, which should provide improvements in most of the areas that people have commented on.

Cheers,

Edited by equilla

Is it possible to track clicks on popup pages as well?

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

<snip about adding tracking on your own html pages>

include (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_top.php');

</snip>

Hi

I can get this to work if I have the html (which is set in .htaccess to parse php) in the catalog folder but I can't get it to work outside of the catalog folder. I have my main entry page in the root which then links to my catalog.

Is there a way of getting stats for non-osc pages?

Ta

Martin

Error I get is:

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/abc/www/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/abc/www/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 29

• 2 weeks later...

Julian,

I had the same error. If you haven't been able to get it to work what you will need to do is: Upload all the admin files first in ascii mode.

SECOND and MOST IMPORTANT: upload the geoip.dat file by itself in Binary mode. Do not upload the entire folder in binary, just the geoip.dat.

Then upload the catalog folder contents, excluding the geoip.dat file. The way I did it was upload the files in the /catalog/ directory first. After that was done I uploaded the catalog/includes directory by itself careful not to include the geoip.dat that I had already installed.

That should work. Mines has ben running sweet ever since.

Good luck.

Hi,

I've installed the contribution, but have got one particular problem.

The problem I have is that 90% of the referrers listed are pages on my website. All my pages listed are provided by osCommerce, so they should all use application_top.php

We use UltimateSEO URLs to turn the .php pages so they display as .html. I wonder whether this is the problem?

Hope someone can help

Lee Badham

Hi,

I've installed the contribution, but have got one particular problem.

The problem I have is that 90% of the referrers listed are pages on my website. All my pages listed are provided by osCommerce, so they should all use application_top.php

We use UltimateSEO URLs to turn the .php pages so they display as .html. I wonder whether this is the problem?

Hope someone can help

Lee Badham

Lee,

increasing the timeout may help in some cases, but for some people their IP address and/or Session ID change with every click (AOL for instance). I have an idea for solution on this, but have yet to test it.

Ultimate SEO URLs shouldn't cause a problem as I'm running these alongside Supertracker on one of my sites and things are largely working as expected.

Cheers,

Mark

Yep, increasing the timeout hasn't had any real effect. Since resetting the tracker data, 85% of the referrers are displayed as us.

I've had a look at our web stats, and only 4% of our visitors resolve to aol.com, so I don't think that AOL users could account for this.

If I test this myself, by clicking from a seperate website it all works fine. If i am already on our website and reset the data, if lists us as the referrer, which is correct.

The logic in determining if a visitor is a new one looks fine so I don't understand why it isn't working.

Hmmm

more investigation needed.

Lee

Here's the code I added to includes/classes/supertracker.php to distinguish bots

around line 100

replace

//New vistor, so record referrer, etc
 $refer_data = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']; 
 $refer_data = explode('?', $refer_data);
 $referrer=$refer_data[0];

with

//New vistor, so record referrer, etc
$user_agent = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
$spider_flag = false;
if (tep_not_null($user_agent)) {
 $spiders = file(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'spiders.txt');
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($spiders); $i<$n; $i++) {
if (tep_not_null($spiders[$i])) {
  if (is_integer(strpos($user_agent, trim($spiders[$i])))) {
	$spider_flag = true;
	break;
  }
}
 }
}
$refer_data = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];
$refer_data = explode('?', $refer_data);
if ($spider_flag)
 $referrer="Bot";
else
 $referrer=$refer_data[0];

I'll watch the results to see what happens now.

Lee

Edited by leebadham

Hello

Very nice contrib.

It seems to work fine on my site but I have a small issue. If I use a keyword on google.fr, ie : clubftting.net and I click on the link, this hit doesn't appear in the top referrers list (neither the keyword).

If I click o, the link included in one of the portal where my site is published, it doesn't work neither.

If I click on a link from my robostats stats page then it works.

Where could my problem come from ?

Thanks for your answer

Patrice

Hi all!

First of all let me say this is a very nice contrib. It is very useful!!

I would like to know if people are still actively making changes to the contrib, I would like to make some suggestions if I could. I wish I knew how to make the changes myself. : )

Craig

One more thing ...

It seems that a lot of the referer information is showing as being FROM my own site. How can this be?

One thing I did notice is in some search engines the links had session id's, I thought maybe that could cause it (if someone comes to the site with that session id and then clicks around it will create an actual session and the referer at that point would be my site .. right?) ... But it seems like it happens too much. Plus it is happening when people are clicking my ads which do not have session id's in the links.

Any ideas?

Craig

WOOO HAAAAA!! Problem solved! (At least I think so)

I was killing myself trying to figure out why in the world the referer was showing up as my own site and about the time I thought I had it figured out someone would place an order (and I can see them placing the order through my live chat software) and would see where they came from (Overture ad for instance) .. then the order would come through and it would show my site as the referer!!! AHHH!!! I thought I had this stupid thing fixed!! .. Well just now I went to overture for something (I have someone that manages my CPC advertising so I never go there) and looked at one of the ads, there was a Csid in the link!!! GRRR!! The guy that did the ads for me copied what was in his browser (which at the time has session id's, now I have them turned off - stored in cookies) and that was the problem the WHOLE time.

To complicate matters even more while trying to test what was happening I had a theory that the referer variable was being reset before that user checked out (when someone new came to the site while they were still there). So while trying to duplicate the bug I got random results which drove me nuts. It turned out that because the session was then stored in COOKIES that no matter WHERE you clicked to the site from it would show the ORIGINAL referer that was in the cookie. AHH Man I thought I was going to go nuts!

ANYWHO ... I think that is the whole problem (bad links) and so when those are fixed it should be to normal. (Fingers crossed : )

Hope this helps someone else, I REALLY DO!

Craig

Hi-

I've downloaded a couple different versions of this contribution and I'm not seeing the GeoIP.dat file. It's just not in the zip file anywhere as far as I can tell.

???

Thanks,

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.