• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help finding order

Michelle3

I need some desperate help. I have my very first order, the customer paid through paypal and that went through. But there is no record of any order. I am embarrased to contact my first customer and say I can't find your order. I am curious why this would happen, I went to the control panel and clicked on orders and it says that I have 0 orders. I never got an email about an order either, just an email saying I had money in my paypal account. Can someone explain to me what I should do? :'(

Well, first thing you do is stop being embarassed and contact your customer so you can get to them what they paid for....

Then figure out what went wrong :-"

Take a look in your reports section in admin, might be helpful, don't worry 'bout your customer, these things happen. your honesty will go further with them than you think...

The reason why it happened is because the customer didn't return to your site after paying with PayPal. To prevent this from happening again, log into your PayPal account, go to 'Profile', click on 'Website Payment Preferences', find 'Return URL' and enter 'http://yourstore.com/checkout_success.php'.

The reason why it happened is because the customer didn't return to your site after paying with PayPal. To prevent this from happening again, log into your PayPal account, go to 'Profile', click on 'Website Payment Preferences', find 'Return URL' and enter 'http://yourstore.com/checkout_success.php'.

or install the contribution by osC team about Paypal IPN ... it will do this automatically for you, even if the customer doesn't return after paying.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived