• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Set weight for different sizes.. How?

amandat

The basic bare bones of OSC only allows you to specify the weight of the base product. But, what if I have different size attributes for that product and I need to specify a weight for that larger size (for shipping purposes)?

I'm selling products and each has three sizes. I need to specify the LBS. for each size, but the system doesn't seem to allow it. I can set the weight for the original base item, but when adding product attributes of "Size" I don't get an option to add that size's weight.

Has anyone written a mod that I can implement that allows such an addition?

The basic bare bones of OSC only allows you to specify the weight of the base product. But, what if I have different size attributes for that product and I need to specify a weight for that larger size (for shipping purposes)?

I'm selling products and each has three sizes. I need to specify the LBS. for each size, but the system doesn't seem to allow it. I can set the weight for the original base item, but when adding product attributes of "Size" I don't get an option to add that size's weight.

Has anyone written a mod that I can implement that allows such an addition?

yep, I've seen a contributions for attributes with weight.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

yep, I've seen a contributions for attributes with weight.

Thank you for the reply.... I looked through many of the Contributions and can't find one. Maybe the title doesn't describe the function so I'm overlooking it.

Any idea which one or do you know the link?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the reply.... I looked through many of the Contributions and can't find one. Maybe the title doesn't describe the function so I'm overlooking it.

Any idea which one or do you know the link?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

I actually found a Contribution for this! If anyone else needs... i'm going to try it out... hopefully it works to what I need.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...duct+Attributes

Add Weight To Product Attributes v0.1 by Kumar McMillan

I actually found a Contribution for this! If anyone else needs... i'm going to try it out... hopefully it works to what I need.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...duct+Attributes

Add Weight To Product Attributes v0.1 by Kumar McMillan

search is your friend here ... just entered "attribute weight" and found it ...

it's exactly the one I mean!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived