• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding content to catagories page

rommany

Hello

I would like to add unique content to each of my catagories pages Eg baby shoes, baby clothing and so on.

At the moment all the pages just shows the header title and then the images but no contents..

Example

As you can see from the example there is no content on the page and i would love to add some just below the title and above the images.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction thats if this is possible..

thanks

Hi

i tried to add the categories description contribution, but could not get it to work as it would have clashed with other conts i have already installed.

Does anyone know of another way of doing this, i have added in the past a main2 to the index page is it possible to just add a boby text to each category page?

Kind regards

hi david, are you talking hard-coded pages? would be harder to maintain your site. I would had spend a bit of time modifying the contribution to work with the rest of modules. The advantage is the database storage of the categories and the admin configuration elements.

Hi mark

not sure what you mean by hard-coded pages?, i know what you mean by trying to make the contribution work but i have little knowledge about this stuff and i have already messed a couple off thing up just trying to load that cont.

As i wouldnt need to change the content, so i thought i could find an easier way of doing it, but as no one has said anything about this i guess it can not be dont without that contribution.

Kind regards

what you mean by hard-coded pages?,

I meant pages like "store policies", "about us" etc, in general those where the page content is stored in the language directory rather the dbase.

You need to backup your site before implementing new contribs. If you setup your site in a local system for testing purposes is even better.

Archived