• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not receiving emails of orders

Shooter

I finally got my first live transaction through using Authorize.net!!! I received a copy of the Invoice/Receipt from OSC, and another copy from Authorize.net (which I think I'll disable the repeat from them). However, the store owner got no Email indicating an order was received...???

The Email IS working, as I got a receipt and test Emails from outside are successfully getting to the owner at the same Email address. I have checked the setup and Email is turned on. Where should I be checking???

Thanx,

Wm

P.S. I also have "Send extra copy of orders to" Webmaster and to the owner's Service@ address -- but no order emails have come in.

Still trying to figure this out - it sucks having a nice shopping cart that I can't bring live because it's not telling my store owner about orders.

- Email address IS filled in on the Configuration page

- Send extra order email to: is filled in with Webmaster and client addresses.

- Email options are set to use Sendmail

- Send email is set to "true"

What else is there? I'm pretty sure this was working when I tried the WPP module (which never successfully communicated orders to PayPal).

HELP!!!

Wm

I finally got my first live transaction through using Authorize.net!!! I received a copy of the Invoice/Receipt from OSC, and another copy from Authorize.net (which I think I'll disable the repeat from them). However, the store owner got no Email indicating an order was received...???

The Email IS working, as I got a receipt and test Emails from outside are successfully getting to the owner at the same Email address. I have checked the setup and Email is turned on. Where should I be checking???

Thanx,

Wm

P.S. I also have "Send extra copy of orders to" Webmaster and to the owner's Service@ address -- but no order emails have come in.

same problem here... can't figure this out at all. emails go to customer but not to admin e-mail. filling out the contact forum however, emails go to the admin email, what gives?

In the admin area where you set "send extra emails to".

Make sure the email address is

[email protected]

rather than

John Smith <[email protected]>

HTH

Tom

I've tried that -- I have both webmaster and service@ in there. Still no Emails. The customer gets a receipt, but not the admin. I now have Authorize.net sending admin a receipt, but it has no product details - only a $total.

Sent to my gmail account and it didnt work when i placed an order.  Not in Spam folder either.

Mine is now working. I ended up using a NaviGate module from MerchantPlus. They initially had cURL problems, but by changing the path to the Authorize.net gateway (and a change to the cURL path too I think) everything started working. Orders are being saved, I'm getting Emails, and I'm getting Emails with product details!!! :-)

<dancing the happy dance>

Wm

Mine is now working. I ended up using a NaviGate module from MerchantPlus. They initially had cURL problems, but by changing the path to the Authorize.net gateway (and a change to the cURL path too I think) everything started working. Orders are being saved, I'm getting Emails, and I'm getting Emails with product details!!!  :-)

<dancing the happy dance>

Wm

Any chance you could explain what you did as I'm having the exact same problem.What is Navigate?

Trev

Any chance you could explain what you did as I'm having the exact same problem.What is Navigate?

Trev

MerchantPlus seemed to be the least expensive Authorize.net reseller. They have their own osC module called Navigate, which is a payment system similar to Authorize.net. I tried their module instead of the built-in Authorize.net and immediately got further than I was getting with osC. With the tweaks of changing the call to https://secure.authorize.net/etc.... (and I think correcting a path to find cURL on my server), everything started working. The Pres of MerchantPlus actually called me on a Sunday after seeing my Email, and spent almost a half hour on the phone with me checking my server settings. I thought that was very impressive. We've now received our first 3 live orders! <YAAYYY!!!>

Wm

Solution!

Ok I found out my problem and it could be your problem too.

Email address: put in you an email address. But this isn't going to give you emails of orders placed.

what you have to do is put in an email address under "Send Extra Order E-mails To:"

I thought that was for extra beyond the main address, nope, its any and all.

Hope that helps someone else.

MerchantPlus seemed to be the least expensive Authorize.net reseller. They have their own osC module called Navigate, which is a payment system similar to Authorize.net. I tried their module instead of the built-in Authorize.net and immediately got further than I was getting with osC. With the tweaks of changing the call to https://secure.authorize.net/etc.... (and I think correcting a path to find cURL on my server), everything started working. The Pres of MerchantPlus actually called me on a Sunday after seeing my Email, and spent almost a half hour on the phone with me checking my server settings. I thought that was very impressive. We've now received our first 3 live orders! <YAAYYY!!!>

Wm

That's great. I wasn't receiving any emails at all but now I am. I changed the sendmail to smtp. Now it works. I'll have to try it through the other methods of paying and see what happens.

Trev

Nope still doesnt work for me. I only get half my orders, but not all of them , i get some confirmations and then other days i get none

If you are using the default Pay Pal module then make sure that in your actual Pay Pal account you have signed up for their 'Auto-Return' feature. If you don't then you are relying upon customers hitting the 'Continue' button at the end of the Pay Pal process to return them to your site - and for you to be notified of orders. If they don't hit the Continue button you don't get notified.

Vger

Nope still doesnt work for me.  I only get half my orders, but not all of them , i get some confirmations and then other days i get none

Ok i found it and it shows its already turned on...grrr, i cant figure it out, just now i got an order and received no notification of the order, only the PAYMENT notification

Ok i found it and it shows its already turned on...grrr, i cant figure it out, just now i got an order and received no notification of the order, only the PAYMENT notification

I have the email address's setup in 3 places in the admin configuration. 1.email address, 2. email from and 3. send extra order emails.

See if that works.

• 1 year later...

I have searched and searched and searched..... I can't believe it was something as simple as this, yet so hard to find!!! This most certainly needs a bump. I am not sure if it is because I have a windows server.... but very important tip that allows the emails to be sent to the owner ... actually to "Send Extra Order Emails To".

According to the notes in the Admin section where it asks where to send order emails to...."Send extra order emails to the following email addresses, in this format: Name 1 <email@address1>, Name 2 <email@address2>".... There is an issue with that, at least on my server/installation.

I was receiving emails, sending emails, receiving contact us emails, sending emails from Admin section.... etc. But I was not receiving order emails!!

All I had to do was in the "Send Extra Order Emails To" section.... add the email address without any <>... so instead of "Name 1 <email@address1>", only put "email@address1".

I hope this helps someone else find the fix quicker!!

BTW - if this doesn't work here are a few other places I have come across that may help.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,2...s+&+Classes

Best Wishes,

Kristine

Kristine

Archived