• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disabling shopping cart

kundan

Dear All,

Does anyone know of a way of removing the "View Basket" and "Add to Basket" buttons from the product images?

In the first cut of a website, our customer (who owns the site) doesn't want online ordering - he just wants his website visitors to be able to browse and view the products, and then phone or email.

Given this, having the "View Basket" and "Add to Basket" buttons looks kind of unprofessional.

Does anyone know how to remove them or "turn them off" ?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks in advance,

Kundan

Dear All,

Does anyone know of a way of removing the "View Basket" and "Add to Basket" buttons from the product images?

In the first cut of a website, our customer (who owns the site) doesn't want online ordering - he just wants his website visitors to be able to browse and view the products, and then phone or email.

Given this, having the "View Basket" and "Add to Basket" buttons looks kind of unprofessional.

Does anyone know how to remove them or "turn them off" ?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks in advance,

Kundan

For the product listing, you can just turn the buy now button off in admin.

For product_info.php, you need to comment out the line that has the add to cart button.

line 210 if you have a stock install:

<tr>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
</tr>

the 3rd cell is the button.

You will have to check if there is more buy now features in reviews etc.

In my profile you can see the hollywood site, where I'm doing a catalog only display of an old hobby :-) ... no buying possible.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Making those wonderful cakes as well as building wonderful websites is your hobby? That hollywood site is gorgeous!

Thanks for your help Monika - it worked a treat.

One more question - so far I can't work out to remove the View Cart button from the product listing. I found out how to get rid of the Buy Now button, using the Admin console. But haven't yet been able to find out how to hide or remove the View Cart button.

Do you know Monika? Or does anyone else know?

Thanks so much!

Kundan

For the product listing, you can just turn the buy now button off in admin.

For product_info.php, you need to comment out the line that has the add to cart button.

line 210 if you have a stock install:

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
</tr>

the 3rd cell is the button.

You will have to check if there is more buy now features in reviews etc.

In my profile you can see the hollywood site, where I'm doing a catalog only display of an old hobby :-) ... no buying possible.

Done - I found out how ! Thank you Monika for giving me more confidence with OS Commerce.

The answer is that in the images folder, there's a gif image called viewcart_white.gif Just change this to the View Cart image that's being used by renaming it to viewcart.gif *after* renaming viewcart.gif to viewcart_actual_image.gif (or something like that).

Thank you all !

Kundan

Archived