• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

tep_href_link HELP HELP!!

eliquid

I have 3 sites, each basically a copy of each other data wise but wth different frontends.

The problem is this:

at

http://www.dremed.com/irsrental/ near the top, the "my account button" link is:

https://www.dremed.com/irsrental/account.ph...754243e44a53f4a

and works fine, but over at:

www.orsupply.com/catalog/index.php

the same link is for the "my account" link and doesnt work.

In fact the link goes to:

https://www.dremed.com/irsrental/account.php (notice no osCsid) and gets redirected to:

https://www.dremed.com/catalog/login.php ( my 3rd site )

on all the sites the code is this for the link:

"echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); "

what could be the problem?

if the code used is identical in all headers, the problem is probably in the configuration files ... maybe you have the same SSL entered?

The second site told me I do not have cookies enabled, which is NOT true.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

if the code used is identical in all headers, the problem is probably in the configuration files ... maybe you have the same SSL entered?

The second site told me I do not have cookies enabled, which is NOT true.

you may be right, I am thinking it has something to do with SSL as I am now getting the cookie error where I was not getting it before.. however I have scanned over and over the config file in the catalog and admin folders.. is their another config file somewhere I am missing???

you may be right, I am thinking it has something to do with SSL as I am now getting the cookie error where I was not getting it before.. however I have scanned over and over the config file in the catalog and admin folders.. is their another config file somewhere I am missing???

maybe! there might be one in includes/local and admin/includes/local that uses old values which override the includes config files ... get rid of those.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I am now getting the cookie error where I was not getting it before

Make sure that in your osC admin panel, under Configuration --> Sessions that 'Force Cookie Use' is set to false.

Vger

Make sure that in your osC admin panel, under Configuration --> Sessions that 'Force Cookie Use' is set to false.

Vger

So you really do not need the cookies since OSC uses session IDs? This would not effect the security of the checkout process would it? I have noticed the same issues and want to make sure. I was starting to think it had something to do with the way the shared SSL is on my host and was about to purchase my own certificate to see if that would solve the problem.

So you really do not need the cookies since OSC uses session IDs?  This would not effect the security of the checkout process would it?  I have noticed the same issues and want to make sure.  I was starting to think it had something to do with the way the shared SSL is on my host and was about to purchase my own certificate to see if that would solve the problem.

you cannot use force cookies with shared SSL. And yes, the session Id will take the info normally stored in a cookie.

Monika

Vger

I have two sites using OS Commerce. Each with their own Security certificates. One site works fine with "force cookie use" set to false. The other set to false will not allow adding an item to your shopping cart nor will the links work in the Links Manager. As far as I can tell, config files are set the same. Any ideas?

Archived