• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I execute mysql commands?

Dasha

Sorry, I am new to oscommerce.

Can you just give me a hint of where can I access mysql database? Is there documentation about that?

I cannot inplement many oscommerce contributions because I don't know what is mysql database.

Thank you in advance.

The usualy way is to use a program named phpmyadmin. It is usually already installed by the host. How you access it varies from host to host so you will need to check with them. If you are using CPanel, there should be a link for it, possibly on the MySql page. If oyur host doesn't offer it, it can be installed in about five minutes.

The database is just another file store somewhere on your server. It is not accessible the same way you can get to your files for security reasons.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, I am new to oscommerce.

Can you just give me a hint of where can I access mysql database? Is there documentation about that?

I cannot inplement many oscommerce contributions because I don't know what is mysql database.

Thank you in advance.

Mysql information is at www.mysql.com but its more than you need to know.

As regards the DB, your host will have allowed you a number of DB's through your (not the OSC) admin panel. Your host should be able to advise

You can access the mysql db through programs like phpmyadmin which can be installed on the server to help manage the DBs

Citizen of US Minor Outlying Islands

Archived