• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding phone number to confirmation email?

I would like to add a customers phone number to their order confirmation email so that when I get a duplicate sent to myself to fulfill the order I can easily call the customer if I have a print out without having to goto a computer.

How can I add phone number to the confirmation email?

Thanks,

Russ

ehllo,

i have done this and it was a real pain.

first i added two new fields to the orders table i called them

delivery_telephone, and billing_telephone. next i had to cahnge the my account address book to update these filds. i also had to change the checkout shipping and checkout billing address pages to update the table. then i had to change the admin invoice and packing slipe files to display the new info.

i think the file for the order confermation sent to the customer was checkout_process.php

i got to run to catch my bus

good luck and hope this helps

Billy Z

Sounds tough :(

Is there a way to get the telphone number directly from the users registratio records without needing to modify the database tables?

Anyone know of any contributions that have this functionality? I am not good enough at digging through the code yet to feel confident I would not mess something up if I went plowing through on my own.

Sounds tough  :(

Is there a way to get the telphone number directly from the users registratio records without needing to modify the database tables?

Anyone know of any contributions that have this functionality?  I am not good enough at digging through the code yet to feel confident I would not mess something up if I went plowing through on my own.

it's terribly easy if you only need the phone from the customer registration ...

checkout_process, go to the email and the billing part, here I added both phone and email addy ...

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                 EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                 tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n" .
                 $order->customer['telephone'] . "\n" .
      	 $order->customer['email_address'] . "\n\n";          

remember if you have paypal IPN that you need to change the email there too (yes I first forgot to do that lol).

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived