• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySQL error after upgrading to MySQL-server-4.1.13

viperxx

After upgrading to MySQL Server 4.1.13 I started receiving the error below in admin/orders.php (selecting a customer with no orders and clicking the orders button in the admin):

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.customers_id = '932' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

From what I can tell, the problem is because of the "limit". The limit is between "-20" and "20" (not sure why, and I am not going to research far enough to find out why right now). I assume this has always been like this and the new version of MySQL does not allow for starting a limit with a negative number. As a temporary solution, I went into admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php and around line 38 I added:

if ($offset < 0) { $offset = 0; }

The original looked like this:

$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1))
     $sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

It should look like this (temp fix only, I may look into it further later to figure out why it uses a negative number to begin with, I'm sure its just the math the function uses to find the first record for paging).

$offset = ($max_rows_per_page * ($current_page_number - 1))
     if ($offset < 0) { $offset = 0; }
     $sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

If anyone else wants to look into it if they have a problem and come up with a more permanent fix, feel free. I haven't searched the forums too much for this problem. When I did, I wasn't able to find anything, so I am posting the fix I used.

Wow, someone else already fixed it. Just curious, what did you search for to find it? I looked a bit but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks!

I keep a little database of useful links. The problem has been posted several times.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived