• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internal Server Error in Admin\Modules

xwilsonx

When i click the USPS module in admin i get this error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

however when i click the other modules it works fine. whats up?

Okay, several possibilities. If a file (not a folder) has permissions of 777 (full permissions) most servers will throw a wobbler. They don't like files haveing full permissions as it is a security risk.

The 404 error may point to one of two things - either it can't find the 404.html error file to display it, or, more likely, it's looking for an https connection which does not exist or is misconfigured (so it's looking in the wrong place).

If you solve the first problem (if it is a permissions issue) then that may also clear the second problem.

Vger

flat.php

item.php

table.php

ups.php

usps.php

zones.php

if you were refering to these files, they all have the same permissions. And the only 2 that dont work in admin are usps.php and ups.php

am i looking in the wrong place for the files you were talking about?

dont know if this helps but the error log in my server reads (when i try to click usps):

[Wed Aug 17 09:45:38 2005] [error] [client 216.54.92.147] File does not exist: /home/gmistake/public_html/500.shtml

Well the file 500.shtml is, I think, a 500 Server Error file (which can't be found), and this points to what I said about a file not having the correct permissions. In addition to the files you've listed in admin there are also other files relating to payment modules in 'catalog' e.g. includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/

Vger

the files i listed above were from

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/

i dont see any of these files in admin though, where are the supposed to be located?

i even looked in the oscommerce zip file i downloaded from this site just to see if something got lost while i was uploading everything. all the files seem to be there though.

If you could point me to the direction of the files i should be looking at in ADMIN that would be great. thank you for help vger.

OK, i see that these files both appear in:

catalog/includes/modules/shipping/

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/

they all have the same permissions as the other files though.

this was the response i got

I can't really help too too much with a 3rd party script, especially

with an internal server error. I can tell you that I have oscommerce

running on one of our clients account with the usps module running

fine, so it's probably a problem with permissions ... but we are mostly

used to working with custom built scripts. The only thing that could be

causing that i would think is improper permissions, such as it's trying

to write to a file that either doesn't exist or does not have write

permissions on it. I assume it runs off of mysql though, but you may

want to check that out anyways. If you think it's a server problem you

can send me the URL and I can check the error logs, but if there is

nothing in there, there isn't much I can do.

So it seems like you were right about the permissions Vger, but i just dont know which files to look at. any advice?

Archived