• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes in product listings?

FormerLurker

I searched through hundreds of posts and the contributions but couldn't find this question addressed. Perhaps it's too basic and I'm just missing it.

I would like to have several product descriptors attached to various items. For example, format (DVD/VHS), color (color/B&W), etc. I would like them to display below the product description as:

Format: DVD

Color: B&W

and so on. I know that I can code it in HTML individually for each product, but that seems inefficient and would make it difficult to search on those fields. Since I'm not using the "manufacturers" field, I thought about changing that, but that gives me only one and I really need the ability to use 3-4.

Plus, I will be using the user-selectable product attributes fields as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

search for 'static attributes' in the contribution area.

also the option type contribution is handy.

The static attributes allows you to define an option as static ie readonly, no possibility to change it by the customer.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived