• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recently went live and could use some feedback

rmtagg

Hello

We recently went live with our store and would like some feedback. This is the best way to make it better! We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to review and leave your comments! :) Thanks :)

www.2daysmarketplace.com

plain boring oscommerce site with very few alterations done. Put your mark on your site, oscommerce is so flexible.

Change the stock layout and buttons, then maybe people will give you a review.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Rosemary,

You must protect your admin directory  :'(  !!

You are so right! As it stands right now, this current site will be going away and a new CRE site will be going up that is protected. I cant figure out on this current site how to set up a pass word :'( . Thanks.

Three suggestions:

1. Get a thumbnail generator for your images. The page takes a very long time to load.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...nail&category=3

2. Why the scrolling text? If it's not important, don't have it. If it is important, why do I have to wait 3 minutes for the entire thing to scroll around so I can read it???

3. Get SSL installed.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Setting up a password is easy. Most webhosts have a "Password protecect a directory" link in their control panel area. If yours does then use that. Just a couple of clicks and you are protected. There are also contributions that do this or you could use htaccess. A ton of websites out there tell you how to do that.

Other than that, it is ok. Pretty much stock from what I saw. Kind of plain as well. You need something to spice it up some. Wine is such a fantastic topic and you could do so much with the site graphically to give people a nice feeling.

Also, when clicking on products, some of the manufacturers images are very large and push the right column over pretty far.

Would also suggest changing all of the buttons... atleast the colors so they match, as well as the hover color on the links. Seems so many overlook that but the light blue does not match your site in any way. The background color on the infoboxes still look like blue to me as well. I would suggest changing that too. To a light green or light brown to match the other colors you have going on.

Although that is a very pretty picture in the bottom of the right column I would suggest putting that in the header.... or use something in the header that links the two images. It seems kind of out of place stuck there at the bottom of the page.

Good luck :)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Hi i like your site probably because I love your products but was wondering if you considered losing your right column and making your store central and reduced width, as this seems to be the done thing at the moment,and I think looks more professional.

I am new to osc and just in the process of designing my own site

*link removed*

and have spent hours reading these pages and find people like yourselves an inspiration and give me courage to continue.

Hi i like your site probably because I love your products but was wondering if you considered losing your right column and making your store central and reduced width, as this seems to be the done thing at the moment,and I think looks more professional.

*link removed*

and have spent hours reading these pages and find people like yourselves an inspiration and give me courage to continue.

To Wendy James...

Just to help me understand how this community works, why was the link removed?

Setting up a password is easy. Most webhosts have a "Password protecect a directory" link in their control panel area. If yours does then use that. Just a couple of clicks and you are protected. There are also contributions that do this or you could use htaccess. A ton of websites out there tell you how to do that.

Other than that, it is ok. Pretty much stock from what I saw. Kind of plain as well. You need something to spice it up some. Wine is such a fantastic topic and you could do so much with the site graphically to give people a nice feeling.

Also, when clicking on products, some of the manufacturers images are very large and push the right column over pretty far.

Would also suggest changing all of the buttons... atleast the colors so they match, as well as the hover color on the links. Seems so many overlook that but the light blue does not match your site in any way. The background color on the infoboxes still look like blue to me as well. I would suggest changing that too. To a light green or light brown to match the other colors you have going on.

Although that is a very pretty picture in the bottom of the right column I would suggest putting that in the header.... or use something in the header that links the two images. It seems kind of out of place stuck there at the bottom of the page.

Good luck :)

Hum, odd. My site has nothing to do with wine???????

My Webpage

Soon to be changed over to this site when I am done installing the last few contribs. You can take a look :Live Next Week!

*link removed*

Hi :)

Well I am making lots of changes and also bought a template and am making some changes with that too. I no longer have a right col. The site I am working on now will be live next week after 1 more contrib and I get more stock on. To take a peak: launch next week!

Hello

We recently went live with our store and would like some feedback.  This is the best way to make it better!  We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to review and leave your comments! :)  Thanks :)

www.2daysmarketplace.com

Ok, I am taking advise to heart here. I have bought a CRE Loaded program and am making additional contribs and design changes. What a deal they are!!!!! Still have contribs I am adding but CRE is sooooo nice!

The New site should be up second week in Sept: New on to be launched

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks for all your help :)

Archived