• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net vs credit card module

vulcanccit

I contacted my bank to get setup to accept credit cards....they set me up with authorize.net...I did a test transaction and it seems to work...but when I did the test... I noticed I have also enabled (maybe by defualt?) the credit card module. So if someone was to do a transaction on that, does it tie into the authorize.net module? basically, how would the credit card option CREDIT me for funds? Should I just turn that off?

Confused...

I contacted my bank to get setup to accept credit cards....they set me up with authorize.net...I did a test transaction and it seems to work...but when I did the test... I noticed I have also enabled (maybe by defualt?) the credit card module.  So if someone was to do a transaction on that, does it tie into the authorize.net module?  basically, how would the credit card option CREDIT me for funds?  Should I just turn that off?

Confused...

I thought this would be an easy question...maybe I should rephrase...why use the credit card module when authorize.net does the same thing? does the CC module need SSL? I just do not understand how the CC Module credits charge back to your pocket.

Archived