• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

newbie questions

ProblemChild

I am trying to figure out how to make minor changes to the GUI part of the registration page such as change "Post Code" to "Zip Code"

Also, I would like to make changes to the autoresponder's text that gets emailed to a newly registered user.

I've searched all through the admin controls with no luck. Can someone direct me to where I need to go to make these changes?

Thanks!

I am trying to figure out how to make minor changes to the GUI part of the registration page such as change "Post Code" to "Zip Code"

Also, I would like to make changes to the autoresponder's text that gets emailed to a newly registered user.

I've searched all through the admin controls with no luck.  Can someone direct me to where I need to go to make these changes?

Thanks!

In your catalog directory, go to includes->languages->english.php (or whichever language you are using. If using several languages, you might want to change them all to reflect the needs of each country). Open her up in a text editor like notepad and search (ctrl+f for my PC) on 'ENTRY_POST_CODE'. That'll take you to it! See where it has "post code" written next to it? You can change it to "zip code" or whatever. Just leave the quotes in the file intact. The same works for all of the text in the registration page, just figure out what identifier they're using.

In your catalog directory, go to includes->languages->english.php (or whichever language you are using. If using several languages, you might want to change them all to reflect the needs of each country). Open her up in a text editor like notepad and search (ctrl+f for my PC) on 'ENTRY_POST_CODE'. That'll take you to it! See where it has "post code" written next to it? You can change it to "zip code" or whatever. Just leave the quotes in the file intact. The same works for all of the text in the registration page, just figure out what identifier they're using.

Thanks Rachel, worked like a charm. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how to modify the email that gets sent to the person who registers?

Archived