• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need to know version number!

ariens

Hey, i'm running OS Commerce, and I was about to install a PayPal payment module (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1352/category,1/search,paypal/page,2)

but the latest requires milestone 2. how do I check to see what version my install of os commerce is?

also, in terms of paypal payment processing, is that a good module to use, are there any better ones?

(thanks for these obvious answers, i've been using os commerce for just a day).

Hey, i'm running OS Commerce, and I was about to install a PayPal payment module (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1352/category,1/search,paypal/page,2)

but the latest requires milestone 2.  how do I check to see what version my install of os commerce is?

also, in terms of paypal payment  processing, is that a good module to use, are there any better ones?

(thanks for these obvious answers, i've been using os commerce for just a day).

If you downloaded the latest recently, then you should be okay. I downloaded version 2.2ms2. You can look at catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php

About 30 lines down, there should be the following lines:

// Define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

Now I have a question for you. I am not finding a whole lot of documentation in osCommerce about how to hook up PayPal. On the other hand, there are 112 pages worth of documentation from PayPal. There's got to be a simple doc somewhere that gives specific instructions on how to get osCommerce working with PayPal. Do you know of any such docs, or do you have any suggestions on where to start? I have osCommerce installed, but I am not finding anything in the admin tool.

Thanks!

L. Jay

If you downloaded the latest recently, then you should be okay.  I downloaded version 2.2ms2.  You can look at catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php

About 30 lines down, there should be the following lines:

// Define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

Now I have a question for you.  I am not finding a whole lot of documentation in osCommerce about how to hook up PayPal.  On the other hand, there are 112 pages worth of documentation from PayPal.  There's got to be a simple doc somewhere that gives specific instructions on how to get osCommerce working with PayPal.  Do you know of any such docs, or do you have any suggestions on where to start?  I have osCommerce installed, but I am not finding anything in the admin tool.

Um...  just register a business account with paypal... and add the above module.  the pdf doc that PayPal provides (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/ipn-manual-outside) should contain enough info...  basically, everything you should want to do is configurable from the module itself, but for more specific info, research the post arguments that paypal accepts.

Thanks!

L. Jay

Archived