• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to set-up email?

Zaxx

Hi!

Hope this forum helps ;)

1. I am trying to find out how to get my shop to send me and e-mail when a customer buys something. I know you can log in and go to orders, and see new orders... but can you get the "shop" to send me an e-mail when something new happens.. like a new customer or a new order?

2. Also, how do I password protect my admin folder? What program can I use if it's not supported by my webhotel's control panel?

Thnx

In your osC admin panel, go to Configuration and under My Store add the e-mail address you wish to use to 'Send Extra Order E-mails To'.

Re., protecting the admin, first check in your web hosting control panel to see if there IS a Password Protect or Directory Protection feature that will enable you to protect the admin folder. If there isn't that ability there then go to Contributions and you'll find one that will allow you to do that - this requires .htaccess files which only work on Apache Servers.

Vger

In your osC admin panel, go to Configuration and under My Store add the e-mail address you wish to use to 'Send Extra Order E-mails To'.

Re., protecting the admin, first check in your web hosting control panel to see if there IS a Password Protect or Directory Protection feature that will enable you to protect the admin folder.  If there isn't that ability there then go to Contributions and you'll find one that will allow you to do that - this requires .htaccess files which only work on Apache Servers.

Vger

THNX man!

I can see you've helped alot of people... you're the best!!

Ok, still haven't figured out the e-mail problem... tried all day long... :/

It wont send me and e-mail when someone orders something... the order works fine within the site though...

NEW problem then...

The Language on the site is english, though I have Swedish as default... if I change to Swedish, it works just fine.

Ok, guys please help me here I've tried just about everything :/

The tests I've done is:

Harald's Email test:

Worked with the php() native mode, nothing else

Istalled Mail::Factory SMTP auth contribution:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried theese settings, when a customer buys something:

With SMTP on

Send email to customer: Fail

Send email to owner: Fail

Send email through contact us: Fail

With sendmail on

Send email to customer: Success

Send email to owner: Fail

Send email through contact us: Success

WHY can't I get the email to me when a customer buys something to work. The customer gets the email saying he bought something, and it's listed in the administrator panel and everything, BUT I DON't GET AN EMAIL :'(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Help

Archived