• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is osCommerce support virtual host

nicholaswc

Hi,

Can I setup more than one osCommerce site in a server? I also want to know if I need to setup php, mysql and myphpadmin before install osCommerce. I don't know how to enter the information when osCommerce prompt me to the database information entry.

Thanks,

Nicholas

Can I setup more than one osCommerce site in a server?

Yes it can support as many as you want as long as your server is configured correctly.

I also want to know if I need to setup php, mysql and myphpadmin before install osCommerce.

Yes

I don't know how to enter the information when osCommerce prompt me to the database information entry.

See

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/I...nd_Upgrades/225

For instructions on the web based installation... we cannot tell you what to enter as its specific to your installation.

I also want to know if I need to setup php, mysql and myphpadmin before install osCommerce.

If you're thinking about setting up a local dev environment, yes.

If you're thinking about learning to set up a production server and make a go of it the answer is still yes but you might want to look into a fully managed or shared solution while you learn how to do things like make upgrades reliably, do a little security work, etc, etc, etc...

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Archived