• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where are the order numbers?

raddygast

Hi,

It just occurred to me that I can find no mention of order numbers if I go to Admin->Orders. All I see is a list, and you can double-click on each order to see its details, status changes, comments, etc. But there is no associated order number.

Needless to say, there is no mention of order number in the emails that are sent out to the customer either.

I really want to find out what files or config options I have to change so that I can see this order number. You would think this would be very important! And if I'm not mistaken I've been on osCommerce sites that have processed orders with visible numbers. Certainly Miva Mirchant does it.

What I'd like is for the emails to say (along these lines):

"Thank you for your order! Your order, #00342, is being processed and will be sent tomorrow. If you have any questions regarding this order, please respond to this email, or email [email protected] with your order number in the subject line."

Now, how do I do this? And how can I see the order numbers in the actual Orders screen of the Admin CPL?

Try this contribution for the emails.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2947

Also, just single click on the order in admin and the order_id will display in the order_id box. After double clicking and viewing the order one way is just to see the URL with order_id=xxxxx.

I believe there is a contribution that also adds the order_id to the invoice.

HTH

Tom

Try this contribution for the emails.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2947

Also, just single click on the order in admin and the order_id will display in the order_id box. After double clicking and viewing the order one way is just to see the URL with order_id=xxxxx.

I believe there is a contribution that also adds the order_id to the invoice.

HTH

Tom

You rock! I'll try that contribution right away. Also, thanks for the tip about the Admin CPL. I totally didn't notice that order id box... it's really out of the way and almost camouflaged. I expected the order id to be a column.

Since I've mentioned that, wouldn't it be useful to actually have the order id listed in the orders screen, so that you could scan it visually, or even sort on order id to find an order quickly? This way you have to click on each one separately, which is a pain.

I'll look for the order number on invoice thing. That is also fairly important, I think.

Hi,

I got your PM, ill try and find a better explanation a bit later, only just got home, but bascially if you look through the orders.php in the admin (there are a couple, u want to edit the big orders.php), and you need to find out the order number varible, which i think is order_id, or something like that. Then its just a simple "echo $order_id" or whatever it is in the right place, and the right place is of course in the table about half way down the page.

If you can't get it, ill go find my php file soon and show you exactly what i did.

:P

And yeah, im surprised that it isnt default aswell, i mean, i get a transfer in my bank account with a order number ref, and i would of had to have clicked on each and every order until i found the one i wanted.

---Sykotic

Well, I used a contrib that puts order number in the invoice. But it doesn't work for the packing slip, nor does it work for when you simply click on an order to preview it.

However, I did manage to figure out how to stick the order ID nicely into the overview table. In orders.php, there are two lines to be added:

<!-- SUBZERO this next line with "ID" in it is my own, to show order id in heading -->
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent">ID</td>
               <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
etc....

And then there is:

<!-- SUBZERO following line with orders_id is my own, to enter order ID -->
              <td class="dataTableContent" align="left"><?php echo strip_tags($orders['orders_id']); ?></td>
              <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'preview.gif', ICON_PREVIEW) . '</a> ' . $orders['customers_name']; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $orders['orders_id']; ?></td>

That is my line 380 in that file, so thats basically what you have to add, and to make it look nice u need to add in a heading just a little bit up the page.

--Sykotic

Archived