• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

wrong categories

ras

hi all

i am setting up a test store

look at the categories here http://best-avril-lavigne-pics.com/play-a-...ff768dbff3eb83f

notice that i have category 1 with "GAMES & ENTERTAINMENT"

and category 2 with "GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS"

for some reason it opens category for every product that is inside the "GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS" the name of the category is not the name of the product but again "GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS"

so now instead of having one sub category (GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS) and in it the products (506) i have 506 categories with the name "GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS"

all other categories are fine, its just this one.

what can be wrong here

please help

without being able to see the admin and just going on what information you have given, my guess would be that the sub category has been copied each time and then the product edited or added.

In your admin do you have 506 sub categories by the name GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS each containing 1 product or do you have just the one sub category named GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS containing all 506 products?

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

In your admin do you have 506 sub categories by the name GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS each containing 1 product or do you have just the one sub category named GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS containing all 506 products?

i have 506 sub categories by the name GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS each containing 1 product

the long method is to open each sub category and move the product to the first sub category called GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS then delete the empty sub category.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

the long method is to open each sub category and move the product to the first sub category called GAMES - ACTION, ARCADE & SHOOTERS then delete the empty sub category.

it will happen again when i upload new txt file, and i will do this a lot

what can cause this ?

you mention new txt file this would suggest to me that you are using easypopulate and that this is what is causing your issue.

When entering a new product for that sub category do you copy and paste from an existing one and then ammend the details or do you enter all the data from scratch, what do you do with the sub category number do you incriment it each time

Edited by 241

i am using easy populate to update my db

it will be happening every time i update

what can be wrong and how to fix this, the characters in the subcat are ok ?

check your txt file that it shows the category as being 17_1 and not 17_xxx