• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

3 zone shipping

chezba

When I ship products in my local towns the shipping is free. Outside my local area but all within my state I wish to charge a fee ($9.95). Then orders going to the rest of the country are all at a set rate ($29.95). Has anyone been able to set up this type of zone shipping? Thank you.

When I ship products in my local towns the shipping is free. Outside my local area but all within my state I wish to charge a fee ($9.95). Then orders going to the rest of the country are all at a set rate ($29.95). Has anyone been able to set up this type of zone shipping? Thank you.

Well shipping cost is handled by modules.

where a function quotes gives you the value.You need to search for a contrib as this I doubt cannot be handled thru Admin.

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi:

I have the same question.

I have different shipping prices for the US and for Canada.

I clicked on zone rates, set up everthing for the US, but now, I don't see a way to add the second zone?

How do I do that?

Sylvia

• 4 weeks later...
Hi:

I clicked on zone rates, set up everthing for the US, but now, I don't see a way to add the second zone?

How do I do that?

Sylvia

I also would like to know that. You can see zone 1 countries and no way to create any more zones. If there is a way and I'm to dumb to see it please help.

I also would like to know that. You can see zone 1 countries and no way to create any more zones. If there is a way and I'm to dumb to see it please help.

open includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

it has a long read_me part explaining how to set up different zones.

if you need a zone for a certain town, you would have to add that town to the zones in admin first.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi:

How do I do that?

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia I have an answer for you. If you go to catalog/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

and edit this line,

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 5;

you'll see that I made mine 5 It works a treat.

This is all thanks to Monika

open includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

it has a long read_me part explaining how to set up different zones.

if you need a zone for a certain town, you would have to add that town to the zones in admin first.

Thankyou Monika. It worked a treat. Half the battle with these types of programs is knowing where to go to edit. Thanks to people like yourself we can do this.

Archived