• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Opening page help please!!

aarw

after initial installation, the default OsC page comes up and tells you how to edit the text on it. it says...

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

I dont have anything in green to show what to edit so i just edit ONLY the text that show in default, but when i save it and refresh my shop, all i get is this...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/yknzhzst/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

Then i just upload the original file and it comes back to default.

someone please help me as i am getting very frustrated. i am using osC v.2.2-MS2

Read the 'Parse Error?' link below my name and it'll tell you how to correctly edit files. The text on the osCommerce default homepage is incorrect - you should not use the osCommerce File Manager to edit files.

And whenever you use an apostrophy in text it must be escaped with a preceeding backslash, as in:

Let's = wrong

Let\'s = right

Vger

Read the 'Parse Error?' link below my name and it'll tell you how to correctly edit files.  The text on the osCommerce default homepage is incorrect - you should not use the osCommerce File Manager to edit files.

And whenever you use an apostrophy in text it must be escaped with a preceeding backslash, as in:

Let's = wrong

Let\'s = right

Vger

thank you very much Vger.

Archived