• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce on Novell 6.5

njcowboy

Is it possible to install OSCommerce on Novell 6.5?

I have the Mysql database installed, PHP is running, but it does not seem to install right.

I get the following errors, but the last line says it was successful, but when I go to the index page it starts me all over again at the install page. I am assuming this is a rights issue, but I don't know how you would configure the rights so a web interface has the ability to modify code. Any suggestions?

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 85

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 85

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fopen("/oscommerce-2.2ms2/includes/configure.php", "w") - Operation not permitted in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fopen("/oscommerce-2.2ms2/admin/includes/configure.php", "w") - Operation not permitted in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in VOL1:/PROGRAMS/intranet/docs/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

I am in no way an OSCommerce guru, in fact im a complete newbie, but, I have been a Novell Admin for years... to me it looks like a rights issue but also it kind of looks like you have installed a windows version... I think there is a unix version out there, the one that would run on a website... not sure but if so try that installer.

Remember this on Novell.. you have rights to NOTHING until you grant it. rights flow down the tree...

check your EFFECTIVE rights as well as the ones that seem appearent.

the installer may not be able to create those directories as well, most Novell installers run as an NLM at the server prompt.. so make sure whatever is installing this for you is able to write to vol1.. and that the user running the install is an admin at root level.

Hope this helps.

If it's your  own server then stop running PHP in Safe Mode, and that will help a whole lot!

Vger

vger,

that did the trick, along with a couple of other settings.

Seems to work quite nice.

vulcan, I am a newbie at OS commerce, but like you, with Novell, I have several years under my belt with a large novell network. Sure beats windows

Archived