• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

404 Redirect After Checkout Completion

After a sale is completed, customers are given the option to fill out a survey. After the survey is completed, they can click on "continue", which should take them back to the homepage of my site. They also can click the "continue" button after sale completion, without filling out the survey. Either way, when they click on "continue", they get a 404 redirect to my shared SSL server, which has taken them out of my website and to a dead end.

After sale completion, when they click on "continue", I want them to be taken back to the homepage of my site. Here is the code from catalog/checkout_success, which I'm guessing is where the problem lies.

I'm sorry for the long code, but because I'm not a programmer, I listed code above and below where I'm guessing the problem is.

Thanks!

<h3><?php echo TEXT_THANKS_FOR_SHOPPING; ?></h3></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php require('add_checkout_success.php'); //ICW CREDIT CLASS/GV SYSTEM ?>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
               <td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
           <td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
           <td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
           <td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
        	 <td><script src="https://***this is url for survey***.js"></script></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'downloads.php'); ?>
   </table></form></td>
<?php
if (COLUMN_DISPLAY == 'Right' || COLUMN_DISPLAY == 'Both') {
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="<?php echo BOX_SPACING; ?>" cellpadding="0">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<?php
}
?>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

The image button is the submit button for a form.  You should find a function called tep_draw_form().  The file that it submits to is where this form is being sent.  It will be probably be called something like FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS.

I appreciate your reply. However, I have no idea what you are talking about. For instance, where is "the image button" you refer to? Could you please explain in terms a person with minimal programming knowledge can understand. I asked my programmer to help me with this, but he has yet to respond, and I need this resolved.

Exact file locations/names, would be helpful.

Thank you.

Maybe best not to try and modify the site until you do.

Vger

I agree with you on that. However, if people point me in the right direction, I am able to figure things out. I have programmers who do this kind of thing for me, as I pour through books, go to classes, etc. in my quest to learn how to do it myself. However, programmers are not always readily available. Most of the time, people here are very knowledgeable and willing to help, including you, as your posts have helped me out a great deal in the past. Apparently you read this on a bad day, as I am very surprised by your reply.

This forum is filled with questions by people who need help. If a person can't help, they don't have to respond. That's what forums are all about. I have said it before and will say it again, "I am not the sharpest tool in the shed." But, I try to help people out when I can and try to make sure, in my reply, that they don't feel as though they shouldn't have asked. But, that's just me. :rolleyes:

Archived