• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to check osc version?

how do i check the version of osc? i had setup a running live shop with default version of osc, now i tried an upgrade but my shop is now gone with all data gone as well.

and i don't see any difference in the upgrade!

what should i do?

You did take a full backup of folders/files and database before trying the 'upgrade', right??

What 'upgrade' are you talking about? Or are you talking about adding a 'contribution' to your site?

Provided you can get into your admin panel and it's working the version number of osCommerce is available under Tools --> Server Info

Vger

oh? sorry about the double thread..

yes, i did a backup of the whole domain folder to my local system at home.

the upgrade i meant was the upgrading version of osc which was provided by my hosting plan.

yes, i managed to locate the version of osc now. it says osc 2.2-ms2 but when the upgrading completes, this was shown:

Upgrade

* Address Book

* Banners

* Categories

* Configuration

* Currencies

* Customers

* Images

* Languages

* Manufacturers

* Orders

* Products

* Reviews

* Sessions

* Specials

* Taxes

* Whos Online

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /hsphere/local/home/orenji/shopatdoor.com/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /hsphere/local/home/orenji/shopatdoor.com/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

The database upgrade procedure was successful!

i login and admin looks same with no signs of upgrade and i lost all data, my live shop is now gone with nothing. what can i do?

how can i retain this upgraded version for future addons and bring back my store live again? thanks.

The upgrade you'll find in the install is an upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2, it modifies the database. Not many people are still running 2.1

You didn't need to run it at all.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

but i did not upgrade from the install. i did the upgrade from the host server with osc upgrade button.

previously using the default version which i dunno the version, i proceeded to create all data and deleted the install folder to get rid of top banner.

now with customers still accessing my store, i deleted the install folder from the upgrade but all the products are gone.

what can i do to bring back the store live again now asap? thanks.

but i did not upgrade from the install. i did the upgrade from the host server with osc upgrade button.

previously using the default version which i dunno the version, i proceeded to create all data and deleted the install folder to get rid of top banner.

now with customers still accessing my store, i deleted the install folder from the upgrade but all the products are gone.

If you have taken the backup of folder and data base.Just replace the esiting ones with the previos folder and the previous data base and then exactly tell us what you want to do.

Rather what was your previous version and what versin you want to have.Also are other contributions installed.

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Also check your configuration table to find out whether the connectivity to data base parameters are right or not.

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

i only did a backup of whole domain folder but not database.

since i can't afford to wait for solutions so i proceed to dump back original folder. as for the database, what do you think i should do or to check if it still exists there?

i did not check which version i was using previously before the upgrade. the reason i tried upgrading was because i saw all contributions was created for osc 2.2. everything was created with defaults other than 3 new flat rate shipping added and some colors of the frames which was also backup. thanks.

yes.. everything is gone!

even restoring all files back to server is useless.. i simply don't understand why doing an upgrade can kill off everything including database? hundreds of products all gone.. damn it!

There's your problem - the 'upgrade' programme you were using was provided by your hosting company and not osCommerce.

If your database is empty and you don't have a backup, you'll have to start from scratch - with a new web hosting company!

Vger

i have checked with host and the database is still there..

can i ask what should i do now to reinstall oscommerce to an updated version and will it link back all products?

i have checked with host and the database is still there..

can i ask what should i do now to reinstall oscommerce to an updated version and will it link back all products?

I wouldn't recommend running the installer. You don't want to take any more chances with your database.

Download the files from this site http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads . They'll be the current version.

Then upload the php files to the server.

You'll need to set the config files manually but that's no big deal, people here can help you.

thanks Alan,

just managed to access into database and found database also cleared away but got host admin to restore in awhile..

yes, i've downloaded, unzip the files and uploaded to server with vger's guide.. i will use his method to install thru domain.com/catalog/install

now i need to select either new install or upgrade from exchange project 2.1, which do i choose for my case? thanks.

yes, i've downloaded, unzip the files and uploaded to server with vger's guide.. i will use his method to install thru domain.com/catalog/install

now i need to select either new install or upgrade from exchange project 2.1, which do i choose for my case? thanks.

I suggested above that you not run any installer. It will write to the database unless you're careful. And you need to be careful.

There's only two files to modify if you set it up manually.

hi Alan,

thanks for your prompt reply..

yes, but do you think i should reinstall a clean version of oscommerce before database being restore, right not i have submitted request for restoration of database.

also you mentioned i need to edit 2 configure.php files rite? what do you think? thanks.

just for your info if you have the time, please take a look:

shopatdoor

all hundreds of products all gone for a stupid mistake and losing customers.. :'(

i'm kinda going crazy now.. really need some miracle help?

just for your info if you have the time, please take a look:

shopatdoor

all hundreds of products all gone for a stupid mistake and losing customers..  :'(

i'm kinda going crazy now.. really need some miracle help?

The fact that it's missing images and looks strange is not serious. It's a simple setting.

More importantly - does your host keep more than one day's back-up? Have they restored it yet?

not yet but they said that 2hours ago.. though i'm worried as it'll be weekend soon. i think they do, do they?

now i've proceeded with new installation and got this error:

The following error has occurred:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions:

cd /hsphere/local/home/orenji/shopatdoor.com/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /hsphere/local/home/orenji/shopatdoor.com/catalog/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

i have set both configure.php to 777 but installation still won't go thru, do you happen to know what is 706? thanks.

Archived