• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Less Is Good

I was wondering why I didn't get many replies to my post in "My Store" (2 I think)

Then I looked at the posts with heaps of replies ... all of them had major problems. The ones with hardly any replies were ok.

It's easier to attract negative replies than positive ones. So don't go looking for a "pat on the back"

If you get hardly any replies .. then that means you've done a good job! Cheer up!

:)

I have experienced the same thing... if your store is relatively good you don't get a lot of positive feedback, maybe a little but not much. That's ok though because that section is there to help people who need some guidance with their shop.

Dan

Most people only feel like mentioning something to help improve... If you're site is fine you won?t get as many replies because you don't need the same about of feedback as others... So you should feel happy when no one is critasizing your store... Also if your site looks stock or near it, people usually won?t say much then either... A store is good to show customized stores more then an out of the box package with products added to it. Also another hint to get feed back in the direction you want, you should be very specific.

For every post I have ever made in the My Store section the store had either 1. Really bad problem or 2. Really good something.

There is alot of average in the world- In-the-middle stores don't get comments. What can you possibly say to a vanilla store without sounding mean? "Your store is wonderfuly average!" "One day, when I have 20 minutes of spare time, I hope to make something mild and somewhat boring like your site!"

I guess its kinda the old line- if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Archived