• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pricing structure... way around +?

amandat

I have a couple of prices for a product. I don't really like the way I have the base price and then +26.00 (for example).

Is there a way to list the prices, straight-forward? I think it is confusing to the end-user if there is a base price and then + a certain amount. It's almost misleading.

How can I list just the actual prices and have it work with the cart?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Do you mean you have multiple prices for the same item? If so, how is it determined what price the customer gets charged? I would think the logical thing to do would be to split it into separate items, but I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do here.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Do you mean you have multiple prices for the same item?  If so, how is it determined what price the customer gets charged?  I would think the logical thing to do would be to split it into separate items, but I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do here.

Yes. My client is selling cakes. I need to enter a base price, let's say $26.00 for a 7" cake. Then, the next size cake is a 10" which is $13 more. I'd much rather put $39.00 so the customers can see that, but the program would rather do +$13.

I don't want to do 4 versions of the same cake in the shopping cart. It should just let you have a drop down menu showing the actual prices rather than +$.

Any ideas? Seems like a straight-forward thing. Dunno why OSCommerce does it this way as default?

• 9 months later...
Yes. My client is selling cakes. I need to enter a base price, let's say $26.00 for a 7" cake. Then, the next size cake is a 10" which is $13 more. I'd much rather put $39.00 so the customers can see that, but the program would rather do +$13.

I don't want to do 4 versions of the same cake in the shopping cart. It should just let you have a drop down menu showing the actual prices rather than +$.

Any ideas? Seems like a straight-forward thing. Dunno why OSCommerce does it this way as default?

this one might be what you're looking for:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1716/

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Archived