• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

% shipping rate applied zonally

Stevethehat

At the moment I'm selling books using a system where the first book costs a certain amount to ship and the next book is at a reduced shipping cost. The problem I'm having with this is that if someone buys, say 8 books the costs start to get disproportionate to the actual shipping costs. I don't want to get stiffed on the shipping but then again I don't want to rip any one off.

As a result I would like to change to a percentage of total invoice contribution. The general principle of the more you spend the less it costs as a percentage to ship seems to be both fair and an incentive. However, I wish to use it against three zones - nationally, Europe and rest of the world, with different percentage rates against each to account for the differing costs involved. Am I missing something? Is there such a thing out there?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.