• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Re-Order Contribution Support

boxtel

If you are using this contribution along with the Scrambled Order Number v 1.5 then you will have to make a minor change in the account_history_info.php

Replace

'order_id=' . $_GET['order_id']

With :

'order_id=' . derandomise_order_num ($_GET['order_id'])

echo tep_draw_form('order_reorder', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . derandomise_order_num ($_GET['order_id']) . '&action=reorder'));
echo '<td valign="middle" align="center">' . tep_image_submit('button_order_this_again.gif', 'Re-Order','','update_button') . '</td>';
echo '</form>';

l8ter

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi. i just installed this contributes.

please explain me:

what it does is to let me order directly from the small Order History box in homepage, right?

i am looking for something more complex: i am bulding a grocery store, so i'd like my customers to be able to SAVE shoping list, edit them , and recall them next time they come to the store; not only reorder a single product, but the entire list.

is there anything available around? or is anyone working on something similar?

thanks

jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

Hi folks

Dont know if this has been solved.

I have just installed the contribution, Order Re-Order, i've really missed having this feature.

My problem is, that when I reorder, it seems that all item-lines from the old order, where the quantity is > 1, are not copied. Anyone solved this problem?

Best regards

Palle

hi. i just installed this contributes.

please explain me:

what it does is to let me order directly from the small Order History box in homepage, right?

i am looking for something more complex: i am bulding a grocery store, so i'd like my customers to be able to SAVE shoping list, edit them , and recall them next time they come to the store; not only reorder a single product, but the entire list.

is there anything available around? or is anyone working on something similar?

thanks

jacopo

it puts all products with their attributes and quantities from a previous order back into the shopping cart.

Give it an order id and it will perform that function.

Treasurer MFC

Hi folks

Dont know if this has been solved.

I have just installed the contribution, Order Re-Order, i've really missed having this feature.

My problem is, that when I reorder, it seems that all item-lines from the old order, where the quantity is > 1, are not copied. Anyone solved this problem?

Best regards

Palle

if products from a previous order are not re-entered in the shopping cart then the function will advice you as to why. That may be changed attributes, not enough stock.

Treasurer MFC

if products from a previous order are not re-entered in the shopping cart then the function will advice you as to why. That may be changed attributes, not enough stock.

Just testet again, created an order with 3 item, quatity 2, 3 and 4 of each, and when reordering, nothing is put in the cart at all. So the conclusion as I see it: If quantity > 1, nothing is transferred to cart.

It would be nice if someone had solved this problem.

Best regards

Palle

Just testet again, created an order with 3 item, quatity 2, 3 and 4 of each, and when reordering, nothing is put in the cart at all. So the conclusion as I see it: If quantity > 1, nothing is transferred to cart.

It would be nice if someone had solved this problem.

Best regards

Palle

that is an innovative conclusion as I assure you that orders with quantity <= 0 are rare.

Why not explain how and where you are calling the function from?

Treasurer MFC

that is an innovative conclusion as I assure you that orders with quantity <= 0 are rare.

Why not explain how and where you are calling the function from?

ah, you mean only if they are 1.

well, no, it does it via:

if ((STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'true') or ($ordered_product['stock'] >= ($cart->get_quantity($ordered_product['products_id'])+$ordered_product['products_quantity']))) {

$cart->add_cart($ordered_product['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($ordered_product['products_id'])+$ordered_product['products_quantity']);

} else {

$result .= 'product: ' .

$ordered_product['products_id'] .

' [' . $ordered_product['products_model'] . '] > ' .

$ordered_product['products_name'] .

': Not enough stock<br>';

}

so if you can checkout anything or your stock is larger than or equal to what is in the cart + what you want to add from the previous order, that is added.

if not, the function returns the message that there is not enough stock for this particular item.

Treasurer MFC

Well, from the beginning then ;o)

As I still havent made any changes to the affected php files for "Order re-order" I copied them in according to the directory structure in the contribution.

I call the function from where it then is standard implemented, that is in acount_history_info.php.

I started copying on order, everything was ok. It was a short order with just 3 items, each with a purchase quatity of 1 item.

And btw. I have allowed checkout without stock available.

Next was trying a larger order with 27 items, and one of the items had been bought with a quatity of 3, and that item wasn't copied. Did some more investigation, and at the end tried an order with:

Line 1 2x item

Line 2 3x another item

Line 3 4x a third item.

checked the order out, went to my account again, and tried to re-order that last order, but absolutely nothing was copied to the cart.

So my theory is, that there must be something in the code to prevent copying lines where the number of bought items are different from 1. Could it be like there is a check to see if the item beeing copied are checked agains the standard quatity on the product?

Best regards

Palle

Sorry, but I am not a code wizard, so it is a little difficult for me.

Well, from the beginning then ;o)

As I still havent made any changes to the affected php files for "Order re-order" I copied them in according to the directory structure in the contribution.

I call the function from where it then is standard implemented, that is in acount_history_info.php.

I started copying on order, everything was ok. It was a short order with just 3 items, each with a purchase quatity of 1 item.

And btw. I have allowed checkout without stock available.

Next was trying a larger order with 27 items, and one of the items had been bought with a quatity of 3, and that item wasn't copied. Did some more investigation, and at the end tried an order with:

Line 1 2x item

Line 2 3x another item

Line 3 4x a third item.

checked the order out, went to my account again, and tried to re-order that last order, but absolutely nothing was copied to the cart.

So my theory is, that there must be something in the code to prevent copying lines where the number of bought items are different from 1. Could it be like there is a check to see if the item beeing copied are checked agains the standard quatity on the product?

Best regards

Palle

Sorry, but I am not a code wizard, so it is a little difficult for me.

well, somewhere you have the statement:

$reorder_result = tep_reorder($_GET['order_id']);

probably in account history info.

if not all items are added, the function will return that and the cause so $reorder_result should have that info.

simply add this after the statement above:

echo $reorder_result;

and it should show on the screen why certain items were not added.

Treasurer MFC

well, somewhere you have the statement:

$reorder_result = tep_reorder($_GET['order_id']);

probably in account history info.

if not all items are added, the function will return that and the cause so $reorder_result should have that info.

simply add this after the statement above:

echo $reorder_result;

and it should show on the screen why certain items were not added.

Got into the code now, to see if I could find the $reorder_result, but nowhere to be found. But in the general.php file, i found a $result that could be echoed, and the print was that there was no stock available. I dont know if i got an old version of the contrib, but the part of the code above, where if asks for if checkout is allowed, is not available in this part of the code. But else it looks quite similar.

What I have done, is just to comment out, where it checks for available stock, just letting it insert no matter what, and NOW IT WORKS !! Yahooooo.

Thanx for the inspiration and answers.

Best regards

Palle

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I installed your module in conjunction with the following other modules:

Header tags

Meta tags

SEO URLS

Customer discount

Call for price

Featured products

Cross-sell

I am getting this error after installing the order-re-order contribution:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in /includes/functions/general.php:705) in /includes/functions/banner.php on line 15

I am not sure where or how to fix this problem and will appreciate any input regarding this error message.

I am not expert at PHP but find my way around fine.

Thanks in advance

Marinda Stuiver

• 4 months later...

I am looking for the ability to have an information box on the either the left or right column (haven't yet decided which one) that shows the customer their previous order and offers them the option to re-order. Will this contribution do that?

Thank you :blush:

~Tracy

• 3 months later...

Hopefully someone still reads this thread and can help me out. I desperately need this contribution to work and I have installed it on a modified oscommerce. When I click re-order in account_history_info it simply sends me to the shopping cart which is empty. I enabled the code to display an error message if there is one in application top but there is no message displayed. Any help would be appreciated on this matter.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have installed the order reorder function into an oscommerce store which I built which has been heavily modified, however it does not work.

When I click the "order this again" button, I get taken to shopping_cart.php, but the order is not added to the shopping cart.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Grant

• 3 months later...

I hope someone still checks this as well.

I have installed this mod it works.

1. problem I have created at test customer who has made many purchases. Well when I hit re-order it puts all of the old orders in not just the current one. Any ideas how to make it pull the the current order I am looking at. For example if I am looking at order number 3 out of 5 it should only put those item into the cart.

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise

I hope someone still checks this as well.

I have installed this mod it works.

1. problem I have created at test customer who has made many purchases. Well when I hit re-order it puts all of the old orders in not just the current one. Any ideas how to make it pull the the current order I am looking at. For example if I am looking at order number 3 out of 5 it should only put those item into the cart.

Also a few great ideas for this mod:

If it is a reorder all information should be listed the same as when it was placed even shipping the only thing they should have to do is hit confrim

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise

• 2 months later...

Installed and working fine except -

I have made 2 orders.

Re-order No.1 - items get put into basket and I can checkout no problem

If I then go back to 'my account' page/ view order/ click 'reorder' I get directed back to 'checkout_shipping' (as you should) but the order No.2 items are not in the basket.

So, I can only re-order 1 lot at a time.

Any ideas why?

Scrub that - I just realised that the order that wouldn't work was for a product that didn't exist anymore! D'oh!

All working fine now.

Edited by digilee

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...