• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Re-Order Contribution Support

boxtel

Great! Thanks alot!!

I diddnt know where to put this code but I figured it out, it goes in application_top.php in case anyone else is trying to do this.

Awesome contribution!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I am not understanding this good contribution.

I have it installed and " working" but it does not add the existing order's attributes to the products in the cart.

e.g. t-shirt is in the cart but the size is missing and the color is missing.

Am I missing something? What should I be looking at to fix?

Perhaps I am not understanding this good contribution.

I have it installed and " working" but it does not add the existing order's attributes to the products in the cart.

e.g. t-shirt is in the cart but the size is missing and the color is missing.

Am I missing something? What should I be looking at to fix?

use this:

case 'reorder' : $reorder_result = tep_reorder($_GET['order_id']);

if ($reorder_result == '') {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING));

} else {

$messageStack->add('msg', $reorder_result,'');

// echo $reorder_result;

}

break;

and maybe the message stack will tell you why.

Treasurer MFC

case 'reorder' : $reorder_result = tep_reorder($HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']);					   
										tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
										} else {
									echo $reorder_result; 
									} 
									break;

boxtel,

I'm using the above code that I believe functions as the one you posted. The results are that it puts the product in the cart and posts text on the page to the effect:

product: xx[product model]>Descript: Attributes changed.

e.g.

product: 10[dog-t-shirt]>Dog T-Shirt: Attributes changed

So I guess the issue here is "Attributes changed." Which, if I read your function correctly, means the attribute count is <1 i.e. 0. which is incorrect.

I do use the 'master products module' and almost all items are "slave" items. This may have a bearing.

Thanks for your help and for your very useful module that I hope I can take advantage of.

} else {
									echo $reorder_result; 
									} 
									break;

boxtel,

I'm using the above code that I believe functions as the one you posted. The results are that it puts the product in the cart and posts text on the page to the effect:

product: xx[product model]>Descript: Attributes changed.

e.g.

product: 10[dog-t-shirt]>Dog T-Shirt: Attributes changed

So I guess the issue here is "Attributes changed." Which, if I read your function correctly, means the attribute count is <1 i.e. 0. which is incorrect.

I do use the 'master products module' and almost all items are "slave" items. This may have a bearing.

Thanks for your help and for your very useful module that I hope I can take advantage of.

it means that the current attributes for that product are different from the ones when the order was placed.

Treasurer MFC

it means that the current attributes for that product are different from the ones when the order was placed.

So how do I acquire the attributes from the order being re-ordered?

And thanks for helping.

I have this working, sort of.

New orders I have placed as a test go into the cart with attributes. Orders previous to this install do not have their attributes. Cache issue?

This works for me directly from the account.php page where it shows a reorder button beside the view order button Also from the account_history.php page.

But if I use the view button and go the account_history_info page and try to re-order nothing is added to the cart. I suspect the order_id is not being passed.

.<?php echo tep_draw_form('order_reorder', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $_GET['order_id'] . '&action=reorder', 'SSL'));

echo '<td valign="middle" align="center">' . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', 'Re-Order','','update_button') . '</td>';

echo '</form>';
?>

I've also tried the code below and it has a url account_history_info/order_id//action <--- Note the double // where the order_id# should be. The Code that show // :

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=reorder', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reOrder.gif', 'Reorder') . '</a>'; ?>

Do I understand correctly the account_history_info page SHOULD add to the cart???

I have this working, sort of.

New orders I have placed as a test go into the cart with attributes. Orders previous to this install do not have their attributes. Cache issue?

This works for me directly from the account.php page where it shows a reorder button beside the view order button Also from the account_history.php page.

But if I use the view button and go the account_history_info page and try to re-order nothing is added to the cart. I suspect the order_id is not being passed.

.<?php echo tep_draw_form('order_reorder', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $_GET['order_id'] . '&action=reorder', 'SSL'));

echo '<td valign="middle" align="center">' . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', 'Re-Order','','update_button') . '</td>';

echo '</form>';
?>

I've also tried the code below and it has a url account_history_info/order_id//action <--- Note the double // where the order_id# should be. The Code that show // :

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $orders['orders_id'] . '&action=reorder', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reOrder.gif', 'Reorder') . '</a>'; ?>

Do I understand correctly the account_history_info page SHOULD add to the cart???

maybe $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] works better for you.

basically you can call it from anywhere as long as you supply the order_id

Treasurer MFC

That's it!

<?php echo tep_draw_form('order_reorder', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'] . '&action=reorder', 'SSL'));

echo '<td valign="middle" align="center">' . tep_image_submit('button_reorder.gif', 'Re-Order','','update_button') . '</td>';

echo '</form>';

Thank you, boxtel.

Wonderful contribution! I came across it on accident and its exactly what I was looking for.

Its installed fine, but currently it goes straight to checkout shipping, I would like to modify it slightly for my needs.

I'm using this in conjuction with order editor. I want to edit a quotation order, and have the customer confirm and pay. Since I pre-include the shipping I need the existing order to be sent directly to payment with the previous shipping charges.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Edited by Naegle

• 2 weeks later...

boxtel,

I have one problem with the contribution. The re-orders are not added to the cart.

I've included the corresponding codes in general.php, account_history_info.php, and application_top.php.

Any ideas?

boxtel,

I have one problem with the contribution. The re-orders are not added to the cart.

I've included the corresponding codes in general.php, account_history_info.php, and application_top.php.

Any ideas?

Solved it... I have Search Engine Safe URLS turned on. Turning them off solved the problem, although I'd like them on...

I'll see if I can find a solution

• 4 weeks later...

Boxtel, Thank you for this contribution. I'm also using this in conjuction with order editor, and want to restore an edited order.

When I edit an order (really a $0 price quote) in Admin -> the new price is displayed in cust's Order History, but on restore the old price of $0 is put in the Cart.

How can I restore the 'new' edited price that is displayed in Order History?

Thanks again,

EricK

PS: Dan, does it restore your edited price?

OK, I see my problem. My edited Price in mySQL is final_price:

table: orders_products

products_price --> this is $0.00

final_price --> this is the correct edited price

So, I need to restore "final_price" not "products_price". But I don't see where price is restored. Looking in "general.php" ... where is price restored to the cart?

Thank you,

EricK

Has anyone gotten this to work with Option Type - Feature contrib.

(Text attributes)

I'm trying to work through the function to figure out a way to grab the text from the last order as the option value, but i'm just missing it somewhere.

I am having this problem as well... the reorder don't recognize the text atributes... :huh:

Did anyone got lucky with that?

OK, I see my problem. My edited Price in mySQL is final_price:

table: orders_products

products_price --> this is $0.00

final_price --> this is the correct edited price

So, I need to restore "final_price" not "products_price". But I don't see where price is restored. Looking in "general.php" ... where is price restored to the cart?

Thank you,

EricK

Order re-order does not duplicate an order but re-fills the shopping cart with the items of an order with their possible attributes if possible.

From there it is process as usual and as such no order specifics are restored.

This is necassary because in the time between order and re-order many parameters like tax, exchange rates, even prices may have changed.

I think you may need a order copy facility.

Treasurer MFC

boxtel,

Thank you very much for your reply, I understand now that price is restored from table: products, row: products_price.

So, how do I modify 'Restore Order' to copy table: orders_products, field: final_price to the shopping cart?

I'm so close, everything else works great.

Kind regards, EricK

PS: I installed an order copy module, but it just duplicates existing orders.

boxtel,

Thank you very much for your reply, I understand now that price is restored from table: products, row: products_price.

So, how do I modify 'Restore Order' to copy table: orders_products, field: final_price to the shopping cart?

I'm so close, everything else works great.

Kind regards, EricK

PS: I installed an order copy module, but it just duplicates existing orders.

so close and yet so far away.

as I said, re-order simply re-populates the cart. The cart subsequently does not know and therefore care where those products came from.

As such it handles the products as usual. So for calculate() and get_products() (used by order creation) it simply queries the product table for the additional information.

If you want it to query something else in case of re-order then you need to tell the cart that.

what you could do is in the function re-order, set a session variable $re_order_id = $order_id.

then in the cart you alter the mentioned functions like (pseudo code):

if $re_order_id is registered: get the info from orders_products table with the $re_order_id and $products_id

if not present there: get the info from the product table with the $products_id (item not in order)

else: get the info from the product table with the $products_id (normal processing)

so if the session variable is set (don't forget to unregister it after order completion) then it will try to get the info per product from that order. If it is not there (client added another item) then use the products table and if the session variable was not set at all (no re-order done) process as normal.

something like that.

Treasurer MFC

Boxtel, Thank you for this contribution. I'm also using this in conjuction with order editor, and want to restore an edited order.

When I edit an order (really a $0 price quote) in Admin -> the new price is displayed in cust's Order History, but on restore the old price of $0 is put in the Cart.

How can I restore the 'new' edited price that is displayed in Order History?

Thanks again,

EricK

PS: Dan, does it restore your edited price?

I am having the same issue with Erick

I am using

Restore Order For Customer Change contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,restore+order

and

Order Editor contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,order+edit

They both work fine as they where designed for but when I add a new ordertotal entry with ordereditor contrib

ordereditor.gif

The mysql ordertotal table is updated ok

mysql_ordertotal.gif

And the order invoice is updated ok

order_invoice.gif

When I restore the order back to the customers account - the new ordertotal entry is not restored to the customers checkout ?

ocCommerce_order_confirmation.gif

Can any one point us in the right direction for a fix

You guys are doing great work

Andrew

Andrew,

The previous post by boxtel outlines the cause and possible solution for our problem, ie., the price is restored from the catalog price ... not from our edited price.

A new session variable and function is needed to tell the cart to restore price from a different location. The logic outlined above makes sense to me, however implementation is another issue.

Does this look like the best solution to you?

Regards,

EricK

Sure does Erick - then the answer lies within this code from the restore_order.php

======================

/*

// RESTORE ACTION //

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_RESTORE_ORDER);

$oID = tep_db_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$restore_order = new order($oID);

$check_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

$check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);

if (($check_status['orders_status'] == ORDER_RESTORE_CUSTOMER) || ($check_status['orders_status'] == ORDER_RESTORE_STORE) || ($check_status['orders_status'] == ORDER_CANCEL_CUSTOMER) || ($check_status['orders_status'] == ORDER_CANCEL_STORE)) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, 'error_message=' . urlencode(FAIL_ORDER_RECANCEL), 'SSL'));

}

$customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

$customer = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_query);

$customer_id = $customer['customers_id'];

tep_session_register('customer_id');

$cart = new shoppingCart;

$cart->restore_contents();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($restore_order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

$pID = $restore_order->products[$i]['id'];

$qty = $restore_order->products[$i]['qty'];

$attributes = array();

if ( (isset($restore_order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($restore_order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($restore_order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

$attribute_options_id_query = tep_db_query("select products_options_name, products_options_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where products_options_name = '" . $restore_order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . "'");

$attribute_options_id = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_options_id_query);

$attribute_options_values_id_query = tep_db_query("select products_options_values_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " where products_options_values_name = '" . $restore_order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'] . "'");

$attribute_options_values_id = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_options_values_id_query);

$attributes[$attribute_options_id['products_options_name']] = '{' . $attribute_options_id['products_options_id'] . '}' . $attribute_options_values_id['products_options_values_id'];

}

}

$cart->add_cart($pID, ($cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($pID, $attributes))) + $qty, $attributes, false);

if (ORDER_RESTORE_RESTOCK == 'True') {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = products_quantity + " . $qty . ", products_ordered = products_ordered - " . $qty . " where products_id = '" . $pID . "'");

}

}

if (ORDER_RESTORE_DELETE == 'True') {

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

} else {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . ORDER_RESTORE_STORE . "' where orders_id = '" . $oID . "'");

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $oID,

'orders_status_id' => ORDER_RESTORE_STORE,

'date_added' => 'now()',

'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,

'comments' => COMMENTS_DB_RESTORE);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

}

$email_order = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_RESTORED, $oID) . "\n";

tep_mail($restore_order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $restore_order->customer['lastname'], $restore_order->customer['email_address'], sprintf(EMAIL_RESTORE_TEXT_SUBJECT, $oID), nl2br($email_order), STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// send emails to other people

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, sprintf(EMAIL_RESTORE_TEXT_SUBJECT, $oID), nl2br($email_order), STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}

tep_session_unregister('customer_id');

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_RESTORE, 'success');

if (ORDER_RESTORE_DELETE == 'True') {

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_DELETE, 'success');

}

if (ORDER_RESTORE_RESTOCK == 'True') {

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_RESTOCK, 'success');

}

if (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') {

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_CUSTOMER_INFORMED, 'success');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

break;

======================

Any thoughts on the code that is missing?

As you see from the image above the editor has done its job and updated the db and added a new table ot_custom. So it looks like we need to somehow include the content form this order tolal instead of the exicting price

Andrew

Andrew,

The previous post by boxtel outlines the cause and possible solution for our problem, ie., the price is restored from the catalog price ... not from our edited price.

A new session variable and function is needed to tell the cart to restore price from a different location. The logic outlined above makes sense to me, however implementation is another issue.

Does this look like the best solution to you?

Regards,

EricK

1) normally with re-order you have something like this:

(forget the $systemMessage thing, you would probably use the default messageStack, I discarded that thing long ago)

switch ($_GET['action']) {

case 'reorder' : $reorder_result = tep_reorder($_GET['order_id']);

} else {

$systemMessage = $reorder_result;

}

break;

}

you replace that with:

switch ($_GET['action']) {

case 'reorder' : if ($reorder_id == '') {

// try to refill the cart

$reorder_result = tep_reorder($_GET['order_id']);

// register the id

if (!tep_session_is_registered('reorder_id')) tep_session_register('reorder_id');

$reorder_id = $_GET['order_id'];

// set success message

$systemMessage = 'Re-Order of Order '.$_GET['order_id'].' Successful.';

// straight to checkout

} else {

// set message incomplete reorder

$systemMessage = $reorder_result;

}

} else {

// set message reorder still pending

$systemMessage = 'Re-Order Completion Pending for Order '.$_GET['order_id'].', please complete the re-order or empty your basket.';

}

break;

}

2) in the class shopping cart.php:

2A) in the function calculate():

you have :

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, products_price, products_tax_class_id, products_weight from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

you replace that with:

if ($reorder_id == '') {

// normal products query

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_id,

products_price,

products_tax_class_id,

products_weight

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . "

where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

} else {

// reorder products query for order final price

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,

op.final_price as products_price,

p.products_tax_class_id,

p.products_weight

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p,

" . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op

where op.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'

and p.products_id = op.products_id

and op.orders_id = '" . (int)$reorder_id . "'");

if (!tep_db_num_rows($product_query)) {

// normal products_query when product not found in the order

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_id,

products_price,

products_tax_class_id,

products_weight

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . "

where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

}

}

2B) in the function get_products():

you have:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

you replace that with:

if ($reorder_id == '') {

// normal products query

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,

pd.products_name,

p.products_model,

p.products_image,

p.products_price,

p.products_weight,

p.products_tax_class_id

" . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd

where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'

and pd.products_id = p.products_id

and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

} else {

// reorder products query for order final price

op.final_price as products_price,

pd.products_name,

p.products_model,

p.products_image,

p.products_weight,

p.products_tax_class_id

" . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op,

where op.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'

and p.products_id = op.products_id

and pd.products_id = op.products_id

and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'

and op.orders_id = '" . (int)$reorder_id . "'");

if (!tep_db_num_rows($products_query)) {

// normal products_query when product not found in the order

pd.products_name,

p.products_model,

p.products_image,

p.products_price,

p.products_weight,

p.products_tax_class_id

where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'

and pd.products_id = p.products_id

and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

}

}

You may have to do something about the specials query in there but I no longer use the specials table so have not tested it.

2C) in both functions you add the variable $reorder_id to the globals declaration so that the functions can access it.

3) in checkout_process.php just after:

$cart->reset(true);

you add :

tep_session_unregister('reorder_id');

to remove the reorder_id after order completion

4) and in application_top.php at the end somewhere you add:

// remove reorder id if cart goes empty

if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) tep_session_unregister('reorder_id');

so that the reorder_id is removed if the cart becomes empty.

Treasurer MFC

Thank you Amanda (boxtel) for your help, this works great! Here are slight changes to above post (modifications to Order Re-Order) that allow me to restore edited price to the cart:

Step 1 - file includes/application_top.php

Replace this:

} else {

/echo $reorder_result; // print results if not all products added

}

break;

with this:

case 'reorder' : if ($reorder_id == '') {

// try to refill the cart

$reorder_result = tep_reorder($HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id']);

// register the id

if (!tep_session_is_registered('reorder_id')) tep_session_register('reorder_id');

$reorder_id = $HTTP_GET_VARS['order_id'];

} else {

echo $reorder_result; // print results if not all products added

}

} else {

echo 'Pending reorder:'.$reorder_id;

}

break;

Step 2A, 2B - see above, changes are for classes/shopping_cart.php

Step 2C - in the file classes/shopping_cart.php add the variable $reorder_id to the globals cart functions calculate() and get_products():

find function calculate() {

and below that find "global" then add $reorder_id ...

global $sppc_customer_group_id, $reorder_id; // add $reorder_id

find function get_products() {

global $languages_id, $reorder_id; // add $reorder_id

Step 3, 4 -see above

Once again, thank you boxtel :wub: for this contribution, and for your support!

With kind regards,

EricK