• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

? sign replaced with ? in ssl

sidewinder

noticed recently that ? has changed to ? when in ssl, it is nothing I have done, I know this because it was working fine up until recently, so I assume it is a change on the hosting server, although my host is saying it is nothing to do with them, and to come here and ask for help...

Anyone else come across this? a quick temp fix was to use trailing GBP and remove the ? sign, although this is not ideal...

regards

John.

Usually it is a change on the server that causes this. Hosting companies almost always say "It wasn't us!".

However, if you go to your admin panel and to the currencies and just re-enter the ? symbol that usually works.

Vger

tried all the common solutions.. replaced the ? in the currencies, no effect, thought of replacing it with ? (reverse psychology) it still showed ?, tried £ this worked partially across certain pages, with best sellers still showing ?... it is a nightmare, and I thought possibly a minor PHP upgrade on the hosting server may have caused it, but yeah.. they were quick to say 'not us'.... lets look at it logically.. I did nothing with the web pages, so hmmmm... what else could have triggered the change??? possible server changes???????

Archived