• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Just to clarify, you said "yes" to my Question One... does that include what I wrote about "additive" and "subtractive" upload modes?

Heya,

The EP system is browser based, just like your admin CPL - can you access the CPL ok from your workstation?

EP hooks directly into your SQL db, meaning you don't need to use phpMyAdmin etc to perform bulk uploads.

Latest version of EP is usually the one nearest the top of the screen on the contribs page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Hope this helps,

Dan

Thanks. Yes, I can access my admin CPL. I just thought that EP was going to need a different approach, somehow.

So the impression I'm getting is that you tell EP, on that browser page, where your local CSV file resides. Sort of like when you add an attachment to an email using a webmail service. Then I guess when you hit submit, EP would suck in the file, parse it, and populate the DB, right?

Looking forward to trying it tomorrow. Thanks for the guidance and reassurance so far. I'm sure I'll be back in no time with irritating questions. :lol:

Edited by raddygast

Hi,

The way EP updates your stock is by overwrite, not append.

So if your online stock reads 7, and you upload an EP entry saying 3, then the online will now say 3.

You're dead right on the method used to upload too - click browse, point it to your export file, and click Insert into db.

One thing though - I'd recommend using tab delimited not CSV ;)

Dan

When I import data, why does it remove info I have in my database that I'm not importing?

For example, if I import just the model and title, and my database has info in the description column for a few items, that description will be removed. The description column isnt in the EP file so I dont understand why it would do that. Is there a way to fix that?

Random question :D

If I wanted to change one of the EP fields - v_products_name

Woudl it just be a case for find/replacing that in my PHP files, as they state that the info they hold is transferred into the products_name field of my SQL?

So find all v_products_name and replace with v_prod_name ?

This would be desirable for customer databases with a more limited character name than EP, and allow a more straightforward export process :)

Thx,

Dan

v_products_name is one used with ep, has nothing to do with the database, as it is translated into the proper field prior to the import to the database

Ok basicly what is happening is: I downloaded a complete file using ezpopuplate, with the attributes turned off in easypopulate.php.

Modified by adding my info, sample shows belows headings (if more is needed to please let me know):

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

The problem is now, when I upload my file the info is in the wrong place, for instance:

v_products_name_1 was uploaded as the v_products_image

v_categories_name_1 was uploaded as the v_date_added

v_products_url_1 was uploaded as v_products_name_1 (which then adds a dead link).

and so on........

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry I can't help with the previous question... but are you sure the header rows were all in place and didn't somehow get re-arranged due to a screwed up sort function in Excel? I can't see why that would happen, but I'm just an EP newbie.

I have a big question about the following, from the documentation:

If you have turned on the support for the Multiple Prices per Product, you'll see these fields here: v_customer_price_N, v_customer_group_id_N, etc...

What is this Multiple Prices per Product support, where can it be turned on or enabled? Is it a separate contribution? I searched all over the forum for it, and there's nothing by that name that comes up in the many boolean searches I've run. Closest thing is the Separate Pricing Per Customer contribution.... but I'm sure that's not it.

I keep getting a error that reads:

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

I do have unique product models and dates are correct in format

This is the full reading of the error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phprEgNdv

User filename: EP2005Aug12-2109.txt

Size: 185773

| 10000000 | AEM cold a | " | Acura CL 2 | | EM Cold Ai | AEM Cold A | | 317.89 | 20 | | 2005/08/01 | 5 | 1 | AEM Intake | 1 | 0 | Red | 2 | 0 | Blue | 3 | 0 | Polished | 4 | 0 | Silver | AEM | ACURA | CL | INTAKES | AEM (Acura | Taxable Go | Active Updated

etc....

| 10000102 | AEM cold a | " | Volkswagen | | EM Cold Ai | AEM Cold A | | 284.15 | 20 | | 2005/08/01 | 5 | 1 | AEM Intake | 1 | 0 | Red | 2 | 0 | Blue | 3 | 0 | Polished | 4 | 0 | Silver | AEM | VOLKSWAGEN | JETTA | INTAKES | AEM (Volks | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Here is a line of what I am importing:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_price_1_4 v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

10000000 AEM cold air intake.jpg "<p> Acura?CL?2001-03 A/T Only Type-S?? </p> AEM Cold Air Intake System" <p><strong>AEM Cold Air Intake Systems</strong></p><p>description shortened for postp> 317.89 20 2005/08/01 5 1 AEM Intake Color 1 0 Red 2 0 Blue 3 0 Polished 4 0 Silver AEM ACURA CL INTAKES AEM (Acura CL) Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

What the upload also does, is none of the product information is in the right place

I'm wondering if excel is courupting my file, if you need more info from me I would be happy to post or send it.

I have been searching and can't find a solution

Any help would be appriciated.

The very last message after a successful import will be the

"No products_model field in record. This line was not imported"

because it's hit your last EOREOR and has looked underneath for a new product - no id there tells it to stop, and it echos the message.

You are getting a " symbol under your v_products_name_1 though - is this a fallout from having a quote mark in your image location? or your HTML text description?

AFAIK you don't need the quotes in that section (although I've not batched my images yet so I may be wrong) - try ditching them and see if it helps ;)

Hope it works :D

Dan

Still having major problems with info being jumbled.

I have successfully uploades an unmodified Complete tab-delimited file.

Removing the product from the catalog uploading and it is fine.

I have come to the conclusion that something when copying and pasting into excel is causing this problem. (copying and pasting might be bringing in unwanted info)

My manufactures supply me with a tab-delimited file which i was coping from.

Does anyone know of an additional program which will cause me less headaches.

Thanks

As for my previous post about jumbled excel info.

Excel wasn't the problem, I had a little html in my v_product_mane_1

<p>Acura?RSX?2002-05 Type-S</p>AEM Cold Air Intake System

changed to

Acura RSX 2002-05 Type-S

now works fine

Now another problem,

The images are all missing.

I think it might be where my catalog was place on the server.

I'll be trying to figure it out, but any sugestions WBG.

Thanks

I think it is just my images in my new cataories which were uploaded.

The images are in the images folder just not designated through my admin.

Re applying them through the (browse) seems to be working.

It's cause their new catagories and ezpopulate doesn't set those.

Once reapplied they remain.

When I import data, why does it remove info I have in my database that I'm not importing?

For example, if I import just the model and title, and my database has info in the description column for a few items, that description will be removed. The description column isnt in the EP file so I dont understand why it would do that. Is there a way to fix that?

I'd very much like to know the answer to this too. :(

Hello,

I installed Easy Populate okay and everything. I exported my product list and made changes, saved it and it said that it imported okay, but when I check in my catalog, none of the products I added were there. Any ideals?

Thanks,

David

Can someone help me to get EP to work with SPPC 4.1?

I followed the instructions in the EP installation guide, which was to uncomment a few entries in easypopulate.php. I also followed someone's post on this thread, about deleting a $v_products_price line from two db queries.

But at any rate, I am able to add special prices for different customer groups, and able to see them in the store when logged in correctly. However, EasyPopulate won't download those fields no matter what I do.

I know I must be missing something really obvious.

Ok, this is *extremely* bizarre.

When I do a complete download, I don't get any of the customer_group_id_X or customer_group_price_X fields.

When I do just a Model/Price/Qty download, they show up!!! Does that make sense?

Also, contrary to all the instructions, it looks like if you have defined one extra customer group (apart from "Retail"), that it is called customer_group_id_1, not 2 as previously stated. :(

I'd really like to clear this up --- anyone here with SPPC and EP workin together?

Right - I've just had a play around with this.

EP seems to have two 'modes' - full update and partial update.

if you want to update stocklevel/price/quantity, your upload file MUSt only have these fields in it, otherwise the system detects the 'description' field and assumes you're updating the whole file.

Bit of a nightmare on my part, as our stock system includes Description as one of the normal fields for exporting - at present I'll have to manually leave it out.

Perhaps someone better versed in the setup could advise on how to have it include Description in the 'basic' update setup?

Mibble? :)

This would be handy for me, as it would allow my supplier to tweak the names of their products on their side, and update them easily without having to perform a 'full' update.

Right - I've just had  a play around with this.

EP seems to have two 'modes' - full update and partial update.

if you want to update stocklevel/price/quantity, your upload file MUSt only have these fields in it, otherwise the system detects the 'description' field and assumes you're updating the whole file.

Bit of a nightmare on my part, as our stock system includes Description as one of the normal fields for exporting - at present I'll have to manually leave it out.

Perhaps someone better versed in the setup could advise on how to have it include Description in the 'basic' update setup?

Mibble? :)

This would be handy for me, as it would allow my supplier to tweak the names of their products on their side, and update  them easily without having to perform a 'full' update.

This is absurd. I can't believe I never heard of this limitation before, or these "modes." You would think that Model/Price/Qty mode would just download those fields, and therefore just update those fields. I can't begin to understand why adding in one extra field (like description) could hose all the other fields.

In the documentation, it doesn't say anything about this -- it seems to imply that if a field is not present in uploading, then those values are left alone.

The thing that really gets me is the interaction with SPPC. You have to use one of the abbreviated modes to access the customer group pricing information. But if you want to enter new products, you basically have to do it twice....

Once to enter all the model number, description, base pricing, etc. And another time to set the customer group prices. That can't be intended behaviour?

Hello,

I installed Easy Populate okay and everything.  I exported my product list and made changes, saved it and it said that it imported okay, but when I check in my catalog, none of the products I added were there.  Any ideals?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

We need a lot more info to help you out mate ;)

Best bet would be to add your query to the Easypopulate with attributes support thread, include examples of the messages you're receiving, and maybe the first line or two of your EP file.

See you in there ;)

Dan

OK I have an error which I can't seem to figure out when uploading Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpS9mSlv

User filename: EP2005Aug14-1806.txt

Size: 220

| 10000003 | 297.29 | 6 | 200 | 1 | 250 | 2 Updated

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 200, 1082, 297.29 )

[TEP STOP]

I have seen many post for this when i search the forum, but having trouble finding an answer.

Any help would be appreciated, while i try to figure it out.

Thanks

When I upload a file using Easypopulate, the fields seem to become munged up.

I end up with a category named after the entry in taxation class, and attributes are all over the place.

Below is what I am trying to import, tab delimited.

If anyone can see what is going wrong could they please help. I feel so close to getting this whole thing working the way I want it to.

Regards,

Rick

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

jr015.jpg JR015 Rimless frame. 0 0 15/08/2005 15:02 9999 1 Colour 1 Blue 0 2 Black Rimless na Active EOREOR

Hi, The a

When I upload a file using Easypopulate, the fields seem to become munged up.

I end up with a category named after the entry in taxation class, and attributes are all over the place.

It seems my problem is just that I have no entry in 'model'. I omitted that due to the fact that I had named the product in 'product name' so had no need for anything here.

Anyhow it seems to be working and I have popsted this in case it helps anyone else.

Rick