• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

My problem is kinda similiar to RoninS14's, my EP troubles are in the upload part.

I download the complete delimited .txt file, open it in excel, it seems to display everything fine. But when I make my changes, and reupload, my DB gets screwed over. (some of the fields get garbage in them etc.)

*edit* just read the last paragraph of Ronin's post, how do you compare the two files?

Edited by discomonkey

First off I would like to thank Mibble for packaging up EP and putting it up in the contribs - I downloaded another version that I thought was the 'latest' and that's where many of my problems were. I then downloaded mibbles version and things worked better with less bugs.

Usually I dont take the 'latest and greatest' unless it has been out for awhile or it doesnt take much to revert back to a previous version. Contirbutions are kind of a crap shoot anymore. I didn't read Mibbles post in the contributions fo rthe ACTUAL EP contrib (original) - then realized he packaged things up nicely for this exact reason. Too many 'I fixed this and oh the guy below me that said he fixed this caused two other mistkaes' followed by someone else saying the same about person above. So you then dont know where the original package is 'best' - and what subsequent (COUGH)"Fixes" to download.

Thanks Mibble!

Um - as far as special characters still not sure why you are having that but I am seeing strange anomolies myself.

I am trying both open office (hate it) and excel. open office adds " " to everything and often times an extra tab is picked up even though I didnt add one. Excel puts 00000-0-0000 dates in everything which is no big deal and I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the heads up on the extra fields..I really need it.

My spreadsheets arent A-Z

More like

Product name - product secondary name - my price - suggested retail - color - size - type - subtype

Then below secondary product name there are other options.

Gonna be tricky. Not ot mention I have about 10 more things I need to populate per product on many - but it's pretty linear.

S

Anyone found the answer to the price change problem with this contribution. I finally got it working and mine is doing the same thing. I upload the file with the correct prices and it shows up in the cart with different price.

If it adds any help here to figure it out... when I go to the admin and look at the product there are two prices shown. One is the correct price (GROSS PRICE) and the other is what shows up in the shop (NET PRICE).

I am only uploading one price and it is creating two. Perhaps there is a way to comment out that function of creating 2 prices a NET and GROSS price??? Alternatively maybe we can add a column to our excel file that will be a "place holder" for that NET PRICE (and we can just duplicate the price so it shows up the same). I'm just tossing stuff out here... I'm quite exhausted ... been a very long day.

:'(

Awesome contribution.... just need to tweak it a bit.

change document root to:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/sites/tahitiimports');

My document_root is:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/sites/tahitiimports/catalog/');

and my temp directory listing is:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

you will have other problems, as the document_root is what i asked you to change it to. check document_root by going to tools, server info and search for document_root

Oh my...I found my mistake.  Like middle stated, it lays in the easypopulate.php & document_root setting in your admin/includes/configure.php file.

In my easypopulate.php file I had to change my $tempdir values and remove /catalog/

I don't know why and how it worked.  but all i did is change /catalog/temp/ to /temp/ and it worked...

I think the document_root setting tells ez populate where to look for the temp file already.  By having /catalog/temp in there, you're telling it to look for a folder called catalog within the actual catalog folder. But I do not know why it's not returning an error.

But I could be wrong. But hey it worked for me!!!  :thumbsup:

I also found out why my prices weren't posted correctly and it has to do with one of the settings in easy populate. I should have been more careful reading that setting.

//**** Price includes tax? ****
// Set the v_price_with_tax to
// 0 if you want the price without the tax included
// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.
global $price_with_tax;
$price_with_tax = false;

The default setting for $price_with_tax is true. So if you upload an item in your cart with a price value of $9.95 then easy populate will minus the tax off of that value and post it as the actual price. So in short the $price_with_tax = true tells easy populate that the price in the text file already has tax included in it...So just set it to false and that will be fixed.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP???? I just don't think I can do ANOTHER fresh install on this shop.... OK, I looked up the information where Mibble told me to in the Tools section of admin, then I changed the document_root settings in catalog>admin>includes>configure.php to this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/services/webpages/b/u/buckscountychoppers.com/public/catalog/');

and now I get and error!!!

CAN NOT CONNECT TO DATABASE SERVER!

Please I am about to be in tears..... what do I do????? I have spent 3 solid days configuring this shop and already had to start over fresh once because I had that same error.

Oh, I changed the configure.php back to original... used backup but still get error

:sweating:

Ok, I think sometimes the gap in time that a user waits for a response enables them to take a break and come back with a fresh mind. Here is what I found out by poking around:

In my catalog>admin>includes>configure.php file this was the code:

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', ''); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

When I changed the variables to the information for mysql server ... Pow.. it connected and worked. I was able to reapply the instructions that Mibble recommended for easy populate and also Ronin's suggestion for setting the

$price_with_tax = false;

(thank you) and now shop is up, admin works and PRICES ARE CORRECT!!!

VICTORY.... and no tears.... well almost :D

Thanks for all your help and support!!!! Now if I can just get that darn warning to go away on the index.php I'd be set! Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /services/webpages/b/u/buckscountychoppers.com/public/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

change the permissions on your configure.php to 644

also the document_root does not end with /catalog/

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/services/webpages/b/u/buckscountychoppers.com/public');

is the proper document_root

Help,

I get the following error whenever I attempt to upload EP files, no matter which type. I can, however, download files. Here's the error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.easternmustang.com Port 80

Please tell me what is wrong. I've checked paths to temp directory, etc.

Question Mibble,

what is the setting for this code?

define('HTTP_SERVER', ''); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

I will make both changes simultaneously.

Thank you again for all your support... this mod saved me hourssssss of input.

:thumbsup:

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.' in XXX\admin\easypopulate.php on line 1692"

I get this parse error when uncommenting the lines that support big_images contribution. See post #928

Thanks, Stewart

Just installed Easypopulate and am getting te same parse error steward did:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.' in /xxxx/webshop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1692

Am using easypopulate 2.75, and the Extra Images 1.4 contrib 1289

Any ideas on this? Care to share it ?

Regards,

Al

I have a question about installation. On step #4, it says create a /catalogue/temp directory. But I don't have a catalogue directory. I'm not sure where my catalogue is stored so I'm kinda stumped here. I got my installation of OSCommerce from Fantastico if that helps any. Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thanks.

I have a question about installation. On step #4, it says create a /catalogue/temp directory. But I don't have a catalogue directory. I'm not sure where my catalogue is stored so I'm kinda stumped here. I got my installation of OSCommerce from Fantastico if that helps any. Any assistance would be really appreciated. Thanks.

If you are loading osC onto the root of your web server (under the public_html folder for example) then make sure you have a temp directory chmod 777 there...if you created a folder then extracted to osC files in that folder, create your temp dir there.

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

If you are loading osC onto the root of your web server (under the public_html folder for example) then make sure you have a temp directory chmod 777 there...if you created a folder then extracted to osC files in that folder, create your temp dir there.

When Fantastico started the setup, it asked you name a folder to install into...this folder is where you make your temp file...

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

Hi

Its already 5am and i cant make it work correctly :'(

My problem seems to be with excel.

when i download the complete txt (with all attributes), there is a

"." as comma at the prices, but opening the txt with excel makes the "." change to a "," and as i upload the saved txt, all prices are rounded to a full number.

example:

shoes price: 53,99 with attribute red "+15,50"

after upload: 53,00 attribute red "+15,00"

sorry for my english

i hope its not hopeless :-"

please help, i already tried to make changes in excel. This transforming of the comma seems to be not changeable default.

I also tried with import of the txt-file into excel, but with some 40 attributes i sit half an hour to change the import options for excel from "standard" to "text".

And i have to make many changes many times

would be glad, if somebody could help

that part should be setup automatically when you do an installation, http://www.domain.com should go in there

Question Mibble,

what is the setting for this code?

define('HTTP_SERVER', ''); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

I will make both changes simultaneously.

Thank you again for all your support... this mod saved me hourssssss of input.

:thumbsup:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot... I need some very basic information. I have installed easy populate, and can download and up load to Froogle just fine. The problem is when I try to add product to the database. I use one of two text editors, OpenOffice, and 602Suite, I have tried uploading tab delimited, csv file. If I am not mistaken, I have to upload a.txt file..? how do I convert the spreadsheet to a txt file? And, when I open the full download in a spreadsheet ALL of my product attributes are listed for EACH product. How do I know which attribute is working for the product, and, how do I assign attributs (I understand the v_atribute#_#_ thing ok) but how do I let the database know which attributes to assign to the product id? Thank you for any help you can give me in this area, I have a couple of thousand products and am not looking forward to inputting each and every one by hand.

I solved my problem for multilingual shop.  :D

The fields for categories have to llok like that:

v_categories_name_1_language_1 (for english in my case)

v_categories_name_1_language_4 (for french in my case)

instead of a simple:

v_categories_name_1

:D

I still haven't found a solution for my multilingual shop... :'(

When I rename the v_categories_name fields as shown above, no categories are displayed in the shop!

Do I have to change fields in the database too??

Thanks!

Hello. Mine isn't so much a problem as it is a question in regards to the code.

I'm switching my website from ASP to PHP. I have about 12,000 SKUs of data that I have to import. EasyPopulate did make the job much much easier. However, I noticed that it has chopped off both the manufacturer's part # and the product name. Does anyone know where in the code I can increase the number used for these fields? Thanks in advance.