• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Greetings, all.  I installed EP 2.74 and most everything seems to be functioning OK.  However, when I download my "Complete" file, my products_subimage fields from my MOPICS (more pics) aren't included.  I think I've changed all the code as necessary, but those fields are never included in my download. 

Any ideas?  I've uploaded a .txt version of my code instead of pasting it here.  Here's a link:  EASYPOPULATE.TXT

Cheers,

Wayoutpost.com

OK, I'm still not getting my products_subimage fields in the download. When I try to do the upload, it appears to be looking for them because I get the following error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php5Z49Am

User filename: EP2005Mar22-1402.txt

Size: 16010

| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | | 299.99 | 23.00 | | 2005-03-05 | 32 | 2 | Size | 14 | | Extra Smal | 15 | | Small (S) | 16 | | Medium (M) | 17 | | Large (L) | 18 | | Extra Larg | 19 | | Extra Extr | Archenemy | Death/Blac | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '" ,products_subimage1="man.jpg" ,products_subimage2="" ,products_subimage3="" ,p' at line 6

UPDATE products SET products_price="299.99" ,products_image="matrox/mg200mms.gif", products_weight="23.00", products_tax_class_id="1", products_date_available= NULL, products_date_added= "2005-03-05 06:42:20", products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="32" ,manufacturers_id=45 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "1")" ,products_subimage1="man.jpg" ,products_subimage2="" ,products_subimage3="" ,products_subimage4="" ,products_subimage5="" ,products_subimage6="UPDATE products SET products_price="299.99" ,products_image="matrox/mg200mms.gif", products_weight="23.00", products_tax_class_id="1", products_date_available= NULL, products_date_added= "2005-03-05 06:42:20", products_last_modified=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP , products_quantity="32" ,manufacturers_id=45 , products_status=1 WHERE (products_id = "1")

If anyone could point out the code that it screwed up in my easypopulate.php file, I'll be eternally grateful. I live in Mozambique and there simply aren't any PHP programmers here to consult! :'( Here is a LINK TO MY CODE IN TEXT FORMAT.

"OK, I'm still not getting my products_subimage fields in the download. When I try to do the upload, it appears to be looking for them because I get the following error:"

Make sure your upload file has the EOREOR (end of row) after every product.

Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

"OK, I'm still not getting my products_subimage fields in the download. When I try to do the upload, it appears to be looking for them because I get the following error:"

Make sure your upload file has? the EOREOR (end of row) after every product.

I have the same problem. When I upload EP file its seems to be OK (small, medium, large images were uploaded into DB) But in catalog all images are the same size ( small ). In downloaded EP file medium and large images fields are empty. What to do ? (All rows are ended with EOREOR)

LP

Edited by lojze

easiest way i found for adding more image fields are to add just after every image line in the easypopulate file, the new fields that you are adding to your database. this way the additional fields are downloaded/uploaded.

Hello and thanks for the contribution!

Maybe can someone please help me with the following questions:

- all the "v_attribute_values_price_X_X"-fields in my exported cvs-File are empty, altough there ARE products with arrtibutes, so some fields should be filled with "0"!? Any ideas why they are left empty??

- how can I import textfields and textareas? There aren't any "attribute-values-price"-fields that could be set to zero!?

Thanks!

I solved my problem for multilingual shop.  :D

The fields for categories have to llok like that:

v_categories_name_1_language_1 (for english in my case)

v_categories_name_1_language_4 (for french in my case)

instead of a simple:

v_categories_name_1

:D

I have a multilingual shop too, but your solution doesn't work for me!

Do I have to change anything in the easypopulate.php?

Thanks!

I am having some troubles with this contrib... I am getting all sorts of attributes out of whack in the system. Do all attributes have to have a different id in the spreadsheet? I tried it that way and it seems to work except now when i download a file from EP its way to big for excel.

I don't have access to VB nor do I have the time to get ahold of it and write a program to output files for me, but I have no clue what else i can do... This site has to go live tomorrow and I haven't even customized the site yet... been spending all my time working with the products and attributes (Uniform store that sells 4-5 brands of shoes all with different sizings and Uniforms with multiple colors and sizings)

Thanks

Shay Arnett

quattro pro 12 works well for dealing with tons of attributes. another thing you may be having problems with is the php download time and file size, if you have a shared server not much you can do for that tho.

Hello, I have added this contribution and it works great! However, I also have the Product Attributes Sort Order v1.0 contribution which EasyPopulate does not seem to handle currently.

I have searched the forums and could not find much on this. Is there any information available for tweaking EasyPopulate to handle the attribute_sort value in the products_attributes table?

Thank you.

bill

Bill

EP isnt working properly on my machine. I have the newest EasyPHP installed and after patching osc for the global registers etc, I finally got EP to download the file. It downloads to a text file, i then copy and pasted the items into excel, changed somethings then reuploaded it and nothing happens.

So to test if it works at all, I uploaded the original store contents and all it does is does a screen blink and ...nothing. no categories, no products, nothing.

Do I have to have the original categories in place? Am I missing something? I read the instructions pretty good and didnt notice anything but that was awhile ago.

Also - I have alot of extra fields I need to populate, do I need to install an 'extra fields' area or something?

What is the best way to take what I have in a spreadsheet already (over 1000 items) and import it to EP.

I can try to figure out the other htings myself but would love it if someone knew muhc about this could point me in the right directoin...however the initial issue will keep me from doing a thing and I would really appreciate an answer on this if anyone has had this issue and corrected it.

Thanks!

S

Ok guys, forgive my squirely ignorance but I can't get EP to work for me. I have EP 2.74 MS2 and Actual Attribute Price 1.41. And I can't get EP to work. I can't download the txt file just fine, but I can't upload a thing. And I do not receive any errors while uploading. Nothing shows, I can't even seem to edit any of the items I have added manually to the site.

I read this forum over and over again for the last 5 days and couldn't find a thread related to my problem. I checked my easypopulate.php for configs that I may not have set up correctly. I made sure my $modelsize = 4; matched my model numbers that I inputed, checked for characters that may FUBAR sql and could not find a thing. I've modified my easypopulate.php to work with actual attribute price.141 and now I'm just stuck...

Please shine some light on this...I'm sure its something retarded...I just can't get my finger on it.

I just noticed a typo on my last post.

I can download the file just fine. But I can't upload any new products.

please help... :'(

let me know which part of what code you would like to see...

what is your temp directory listing in your easypopulate.php file

what is your document_root setting in your admin/includes/configure.php file

what is your temp directory listing in your easypopulate.php file

what is your document_root setting in your admin/includes/configure.php file

My document_root is:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/sites/tahitiimports/catalog/');

and my temp directory listing is:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

Also, I just noticed that I can't create the file in the temp dir. I CHMODed it to 777 as required. I tried creating the EP file in there using EZ populate to see if that function worked, but it doesn't seem to be working. it tells me that the file was created there, but when I go there to check, its not in there...

EZ Populate never returned any errors so I don't even know where to start looking.

EDIT: I just tried creating a different temp dir and see if that would work, but it didn't. I tried adding the full path of my document_root in my $tempdir but that didn't work either...K now, i'm really out of ideas.

Hello,

I think this contribution is an awesome idea... I just need to get it to work.

:blush: I am also having problems. Everything is in place. I am even successful with the file upload (or so I think) However there is no change in the shop. It does not read the new file it still shows the old products???? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

One more thing... when I go to Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/) It is successful and reads:

You can get your file in the Tools/Files under /catalog/temp/EPEP2005Apr01-1907.txt

However, when I go to check on that directory there is NO FILE in there. The directory is CHMOD 777

Oh my...I found my mistake. Like middle stated, it lays in the easypopulate.php & document_root setting in your admin/includes/configure.php file.

In my easypopulate.php file I had to change my $tempdir values and remove /catalog/

I don't know why and how it worked. but all i did is change /catalog/temp/ to /temp/ and it worked...

I think the document_root setting tells ez populate where to look for the temp file already. By having /catalog/temp in there, you're telling it to look for a folder called catalog within the actual catalog folder. But I do not know why it's not returning an error.

But I could be wrong. But hey it worked for me!!! :thumbsup:

I found all of my EP problems to date related to incompatibility issues with osC and php (server or local based) - all have to do with the register_globals issue.

However on my local machine I am obviously able to change that so - I did, now the problem I am having is trying to get the images to upload from a local device. Instead of the proper path I get all kinda strange characters IE:

D:Program FilesEasyPHP1-8wwwroducttest.jpg

This should read:

D:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-8\www\producttest.jpg

It's killing all of the \ paths and if you can also see put a strange box where there should be a P and also skipped another \

I looked in the instructions and it says this is not a problem having \ paths...very odd:

'v_products_image'

The name of the image file for the product. May contain subdirectories (i.w. mysubdir/mypic.gif). If left blank, it will default as set in the configuration section of easypopulate.php

Any suggestions. I MUST have this upload images automatically. Otherwise it will literally take a year for my to upload all of my images (25,000 products). I already have the files split up to 200 products or less as there supposedly are issues with crashing if you go over 300 so to be safe I made them 200.

S

Okay, so we're moving onto the next problem. :thumbsup:

When I download my EP file, the prices are shown correctly. When I upload it, it changes the price by a certain percentage. So if the price of one of my item is 9.95 in the Ez Populate text file, after I upload it on my actual catalog site it displays as 9.55.

If someone could shine some light as to where to find the code for that, then it'll be of great help...

As for you Sincraft, there is a contribution which allows you to add new fields in easy populate. Search for easy populate in the contribution page and one of the results should be the addon contribution to ez populate which allows you to add more new fields.

As for your problem uploading your inventory, it seems like your paths may not be set correctly in your config files or your easy populate files. But then again, I'm not too sure since I'm not a guru of osc or ez populate.

How are you editing your files? Are you using excel? If you are, then you have to make sure that when excel saves the file as a tab delimited text file it does not modify the format of the original file. I use a combination of excel and anyedit (or notepad)to make sure of that. So first I download the EP file from the server using ez populate. Then I create a copy of it. I then edit one of the copies without touching the other so that after I'm done editing the copy, I can compare the format of the orginal file with the one I edited. That way any characters that may have been added by Excel will be exposed by comparing both files (like the way excel saves the date format and the way the actual date format has to be for easy populate to recognize it, you can tweak excel so that it uses the same format required by EP). After a while, you'll know what to look for.

I hope this helps, I'm not too good at this Osc stuff so I'm trying my best...which may not be that great considering I suck at all of this.

Edited by RoninS14