• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I still have two or three significant issues (problems) with Easy Populate after using (latest version 2.76i) for several years on 2 separate web sites. In the larger web site (AlphaNautical.com), for one distributor (as an example), I begin with a 53 KB EP file with 28,798 products in Excel 97-2003 format (Sheet 1).

This file is copied and put in a new file (in Excel 97-2003 format) in order to change from a relative to an absolute format. (I use a lot of fields to the right of the EOREOR field in order to concatenate a nicer format description field.) Then all data past the EOREOR field is chopped off.

Prior to making any mass load, my norm is to make several test runs with anywhere from 5 to 50 products until the newly built test products look OK. The source data in Excel 97-2003 format is converted to CSV format for input to EP.

This is where the 1st problem arises. (My standard setting are:

1) Magic Quotes: Off; 2) Register Global: Off; 3) Replace Quotes: False; 4) Field separator: Comma; 5) Safe Output: True; 6) Preserve Tab/CR/If: False; 7) Enable Attributes: True & 8) SEF URLS: False.

I only use one "Other Support" Option: HTC: True. Note that SPPC is False.)

Every field uploads EXACTLY as loaded EXCEPT v_products_special_price. If this is a "new" record the resulting special price is blank (but should contain valid data). If this is an "update" to an existing record, then the result is a special price that was in the product before, not the new price that was uploaded.

Now what is really strange is The following. I can then download these same new test records as a CSV file. Next I copy a column from the original test data (remember it did not work before) into the newly created download file and re-run it as an update.

Surprise! You guessed it. The special prices work just fine, but problem 2 arises. Remember the HTC option is turned on but the three HTC fields do not get downloaded.

As you can see quite easily, I have to upload the 28,000 records at about 1000 records at a time. Then I have to download the entire 28,000 records as a CSV file. Next I take the the special prices directly from the file that did not work and place the in the newly downloaded file. And finally, I upload them again but without attributes and HTC data fields.

The 3rd issue/problem is caused by not having an optional switch and field to upload the "Products Short Description" field which is created in the Cieto Featured Products contribution. (I used version v2.54 MS2). (The "Pros" are that this is a very useful sales tool that randomly "features" your products. The "Cons' are that this requires extensive and careful modification to the (large) admin/catalog program.) Because it has such good sales benefits I recommend it to the careful programmer but not to newbies.

After doing all the gyrations cited above, next it is necessary to go back through 28,000 records manually to fix this one field.

I hope this prompts the release of a "j" version or someone spots my problem and tell me how to fix the special price upload problem.

Thanks

jestep

Joseph E. "Joe" Stephenson
[email protected]

I have a new store I am starting. I have no inventory on it right now. I want to upload my inventory that I have in an excel sheet.

Does easypopulate only let you upload once you have something in the inventory or does it let you start from scratch to upload your inventory originally.

If so whats the recommended way to upload an initial inventory upload of about 300-500 items?

hi, i am trying to instal this, i got stuck on step 5 where should i paste 'Easy Populate' . in "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php" ,

here us my file

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

please help....

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i am trying to instal this, i got stuck on step 5 where should i paste 'Easy Populate' . in "/catalog/admin/incudes/boxes/catalog.php" ,

here us my file

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

please help....

Here, Follow this link: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/162244-easy-populate-products-attributes/page__view__findpost__p__1510664

Hope this help.

Yeah...a lot of this doesnt make any sense most of the times... Search is very helpful though

Hi.

some help please ;)

Im tring to upload a .csv file using Easy Populate 3.02-MS2 & Extra Fields, but my products have more than 26 extra fields and my provaider gives me a text file with this formt:

A,B100094     ,TRUST COMPUTER                     ,13585               ,8713439135855,0871,PORTABLE HEADSET               ACCS,80B                                ,000000.06,0000.06,0000.14,0000.18,C,Y,STD                 , ,        ,        ,            ,000000,000000, ,            ,00000000,0000004.17,06/08/10,EUR

where every item sould be an extra field.

By adding the following to a .csv file when importing I get ONE exra field added, but I need to be able to update up to 30 extra field by product. I would like to just add this code 30 times at the end but when I add just one more it only updates the last extra field. Ive tried editing the code in easypopulate_functions.php so when looping the products_to_products_extra_fields table it updates more than one, but no luck ;(

v_products_model v_products_extra_fields_name	v_products_extra_fields_id	v_products_extra_fields_value	EOREOR
      MG200MMS                   SKU	                             2	                              4	                EOREOR

// first do product extra fields
   if (isset($items[$filelayout['v_products_extra_fields_id']]) ){    

$v_products_model = $items[$filelayout['v_products_model']];
       // EP for product extra fields Contrib by minhmaster DEVSOFTVN ==========
       $v_products_extra_fields_id = $items[$filelayout['v_products_extra_fields_id']];
//        $v_products_id    =    $items[$filelayout['v_products_id']];
       $v_products_extra_fields_value    =    $items[$filelayout['v_products_extra_fields_value']];

$sql = "SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p WHERE p.products_model = '" . $v_products_model . "'";
       $result = tep_db_query($sql);
       $row =  tep_db_fetch_array($result);

$sql_exist	=	"SELECT products_extra_fields_value FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS. " WHERE (products_id ='".$row['v_products_id']. "') AND (products_extra_fields_id ='".$v_products_extra_fields_id ."')";

if (tep_db_num_rows(tep_db_query($sql_exist)) > 0) {
		$sql_extra_field	=	"UPDATE ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS." SET products_extra_fields_value='".$v_products_extra_fields_value."' WHERE (products_id ='". $row['v_products_id'] . "') AND (products_extra_fields_id ='".$v_products_extra_fields_id ."')";
		$str_err_report= " $v_products_extra_fields_id | $v_products_id  | $v_products_model | $v_products_extra_fields_value | <b><font color=black>Product Extra Fields Updated</font></b><br />";
	} else {
		$sql_extra_field	=	"INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS."(products_id,products_extra_fields_id,products_extra_fields_value) VALUES ('". $row['v_products_id'] ."','".$v_products_extra_fields_id."','".$v_products_extra_fields_value."')";
		$str_err_report= " $v_products_extra_fields_id | $v_products_id | $v_products_model | $v_products_extra_fields_value | <b><font color=green>Product Extra Fields Inserted</font></b><br />";
	}

$result = tep_db_query($sql_extra_field);

echo $str_err_report;
       // end (EP for product extra fields Contrib by minhmt DEVSOFTVN) ============

Edited by bunker0

Hi all

i just installed this great contrib, every thing seems to work just fine.

i have only one more wish about this and that is for this contrib to also download work and download the stock (i use Qtpro) but i see no information about Qtrpro in the documentation.

Is there any solution to make theese two contrib work together or do i have to do the stock manually one by one?

:rolleyes:

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere for someone that can help me with EP. If this topic has been listed somewhere, I cant find it for the life of me but it seems that EP is not listing categories when I load the data feed. The data feed is coming from a dropship company that made the feed for oscommerce and EP but when I split the file then load the file in ep, and view the website the items are only listed on the homepage of the page.. Please assist me or direct me to forum that can assist me in this.

I have the newest verson of EP.

The result after loading the file as this...

| LW201-1AV | images/LW2 | Casio LW20 | Resin Case | 9.66 | 1 | 10 | Casio | Watches | Women watc | Casio (lad | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| T25771 | images/T25 | Timex T257 | Stainless | 34.17 | 1 | 242 | Timex | Watches | Women watc | Timex (lad | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| PU00031200 | images/PU0 | Puma PU000 | Stainless | 49.00 | 1 | 12 | Puma | Watches | Women watc | Puma (ladi | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| EV0265-199 | images/EV0 | NikeSun EV | <br /&g | 67.83 | 1 | 2 | NikeSun | Watches | Unisex & o | Nike (othe | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| T5E951 | images/T5E | TIMEX T5E9 | Stainless | 28.47 | 1 | 10 | TIMEX | Watches | Women watc | Timex (lad | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| AW80V-3BV | images/AW8 | Casio AW80 | Stainless | 17.07 | 1 | 15 | Casio | Watches | Men watche | Casio (men | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| BG23F-8AV | images/BG2 | CASIO BG23 | <br /&g | 45.59 | 1 | 1 | CASIO | Watches | Unisex & o | Casio (oth | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| t47012 | images/t47 | Timex t470 | Stainless | 28.47 | 1 | 28 | Timex | Watches | Men watche | Timex (men | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| T5K020 | images/T5K | TIMEX T5K0 | <br /&g | 28.47 | 1 | 45 | TIMEX | Watches | Unisex & o | Timex (oth | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| 201789BKTI | images/201 | Armitron 2 | <br /&g | 37.05 | 1 | 50 | Armitron | Watches | Unisex & o | Armitron ( | Taxable Go | Active Updated

Please advise me on what the issue may be...

PLEASE! Thanks

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere for someone that can help me with EP. If this topic has been listed somewhere, I cant find it for the life of me but it seems that EP is not listing categories when I load the data feed. The data feed is coming from a dropship company that made the feed for oscommerce and EP but when I split the file then load the file in ep, and view the website the items are only listed on the homepage of the page.. Please assist me or direct me to forum that can assist me in this.

I have the newest verson of EP.

The result after loading the file as this...

| LW201-1AV | images/LW2 | Casio LW20 | Resin Case | 9.66 | 1 | 10 | Casio | Watches | Women watc | Casio (lad | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| T25771 | images/T25 | Timex T257 | Stainless | 34.17 | 1 | 242 | Timex | Watches | Women watc | Timex (lad | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| PU00031200 | images/PU0 | Puma PU000 | Stainless | 49.00 | 1 | 12 | Puma | Watches | Women watc | Puma (ladi | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| EV0265-199 | images/EV0 | NikeSun EV | <br /&g | 67.83 | 1 | 2 | NikeSun | Watches | Unisex & o | Nike (othe | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| T5E951 | images/T5E | TIMEX T5E9 | Stainless | 28.47 | 1 | 10 | TIMEX | Watches | Women watc | Timex (lad | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| AW80V-3BV | images/AW8 | Casio AW80 | Stainless | 17.07 | 1 | 15 | Casio | Watches | Men watche | Casio (men | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| BG23F-8AV | images/BG2 | CASIO BG23 | <br /&g | 45.59 | 1 | 1 | CASIO | Watches | Unisex & o | Casio (oth | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| t47012 | images/t47 | Timex t470 | Stainless | 28.47 | 1 | 28 | Timex | Watches | Men watche | Timex (men | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| T5K020 | images/T5K | TIMEX T5K0 | <br /&g | 28.47 | 1 | 45 | TIMEX | Watches | Unisex & o | Timex (oth | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| 201789BKTI | images/201 | Armitron 2 | <br /&g | 37.05 | 1 | 50 | Armitron | Watches | Unisex & o | Armitron ( | Taxable Go | Active Updated

Please advise me on what the issue may be...

PLEASE! Thanks

please see the how to ask for help section of the docs and post all the requested info with an example of your import file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does EP pick up on installed contribs like HTC and PDF upload?

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

HTC pdf are installed and woring.

I notice these lines in the readme

v_products_pdfupload

· v_products_fileupload

and

# If you have turned on support for Header Tags Controller these 3 are available:

· v_products_head_title_tag_N // where N is the language ID

· v_products_head_desc_tag_N // where N is the language ID

· v_products_head_keywords_N // where N is the language ID

How do i turn these on?

Also the install instructions we a little vuage when installing the link in to the admin catalog section, if anyone needs this let me know.

Many thanks

Edited by simaster99

I'm not 100% clear on something... is the products_model field required? I'm trying to use EP on a site with a tonne of products and none of them have a products_model (they're books, it makes no sense to use that field.) The field is blank in the database. Does something need to be in there before I begin?

Hello,

A client of mine has this module and it works fine for adding products but when he adds attributes it'll only add the first 7 options. It doesn't throw up any errors, just doesn't do it.

The setting from the system are:

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Zeus/4.3

DB: MySQL 5.0.58-enterprise-gpl

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/content/HostingPlus/c/t/www.*****.co.uk/web/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 40

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Ashley

HTC EP and Extra fields

Hi, I have been attempting to install the contribs, but they all need edits on the admin/catagories file

Does anyone have a working file that I can drop in?

Kind regards

Found it, its in the admin/easypoplulate.php file

Could the next update put this in bold and caps!!!!

Hi.

Thanks for a great contribution and thanks for adding Unlimited Image support.

Unlimited Images support for existing blob images is working great and new images can be added to the existing images in the Blob.

However there seems to be a problem with Unlimited Images when the Blob is empty.

If the blob is empty then EP changes the SQL

from

[bLOB - NULL]

to

[bLOB - 17 B]

and this causes an unwanted non-image thumbnail to be displayed in product info.

Can anyone help to correct this?

Thanks

Ken

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your great contribution and help me a lot.

I uploaded atound 40,000 products with Easypopulate program.

But now I want to update the products attributes, I want to download the .cvs file from Easypopulate program, it seems that it couldn't do it.

Although I have .csv file which made by myself, but some folders or products I have renamned by cpanel, there are a lot of works to modify the .csv I have.

Please tell me how to download this massive informations from easypopulate. I tried to download a category with sub-categories which contains 5,000 products, but it only can make a .cvs file with 2190 products.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Edited by chuntse

Um, not necessarily crucial issue, but just a really odd one. Not sure why but the Quick Links aren't showing from the Easy Populate page.

I installed the following contribution: http://www.oscommerc...y/contributions,500 (dates published: 3 August 2009 & 27 March 2010).

My only issue is that the bottom "Quick Links" are not showing. Any idea what could be causing this?

I was going through the docs that were uploaded in the contrib and found this here:

How to Use

1. Open up your internet browser and go to your osCommerce Store Admin Panel

Go to osCommerce Admin -> Catalog -> Easy Populate

2. Click one of the links at the bottom of the box marked "Create then Download Files" and save the file to your local machine.

3. Edit the file in Excel or OpenOffice. Windows users just right click and "Open with" -> Excel.

4. After you are done editing, save the file:

· Windows-Excel users: should Save as... CSV (MS-DOS) in most cases,

or as a "Text (tab delimited)" file from Excel if a tab delimited file is desired.

or MAC-Excel users, Save as... Windows-CSV. (see Instructions for MAC Users below)

· OpenOffice users: as a "Text" file, check the "edit MORE HERE"

· Those with special character needs (such as cyrillic), use Open Office

See Special Instructions for Non-Roman Character Sets (below)

5. If you have more that 300 items in your store, read the SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LARGE STORES

6. Now go back to Admin -> Catalog -> Easy Populate and click the upper Browse button, find your file that you want to upload, then click Upload and Insert Into Database.

7. The file will be uploaded to your store. You should see a display that lists the items you are importing. If the last row appears blank, and complains that it can't import this record, all is fine, it's not unusual to get this error at the end of the file.

8. If you'd like to use FTP and upload the file, put it in the EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY directory, and then put the filename in the box under "Upload from Temp dir" and click Insert Into Database. Remember the file must be readable by the username that the web server is running as. You might have to chmod 777 the uploaded file to let the script read it.

Basically point number 2 cannot be found anywhere on the Easy Populate link when I browse my store admin > catalog > easy populate

They are present in my easypopulate.php file, I browsed to approx line 1542 and see the info there. So just wondering how come it's not showing up on the website when I upload the files.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Um, not necessarily crucial issue, but just a really odd one. Not sure why but the Quick Links aren't showing from the Easy Populate page.

I installed the following contribution: http://www.oscommerc...y/contributions,500 (dates published: 3 August 2009 & 27 March 2010).

My only issue is that the bottom "Quick Links" are not showing. Any idea what could be causing this?

I was going through the docs that were uploaded in the contrib and found this here:

Basically point number 2 cannot be found anywhere on the Easy Populate link when I browse my store admin > catalog > easy populate

They are present in my easypopulate.php file, I browsed to approx line 1542 and see the info there. So just wondering how come it's not showing up on the website when I upload the files.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I figured this out. The link name "Easy Populate" was pointing to the wrong filename: products_attributes.php

Hello,

Sorry but I really read tons of replys in that topic but cannot find- I suppose for You- simple answer:-)

When I update file in cvs the databes is not updated and none of updated products show. I dont have any Error ro sthing like thet. It show me that product are updated but when i get into the catlogue i dont see new files.

I use XP and MS EXCEL

Please give me info because I have no idea:)

Settings & Info

HTTP: Apache
DB: MySQL 5.0.91+tld0-log
PHP: 5.2.4-0+tld0 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:
/home/users/cqbtactical/public_html/hurt/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
register_globals is: on
Model Num Size: 12

Other Support:

I will be thankful- Im not lazy I spend more than 3 hours to find it so please help.

Sorry for my poor English.

I love EasyPopulate. Just Love it. I have 11,000 items and counting but I do not use the attributes. It would be lovely if it could allow for Specials to be incorporated and make the manipulation of that field easier from the spreadsheets. Is it not possible for that field to be used somehow or because it is a different database file it is not able to be used? I have tried investigating it on my own but it is over my head. SB

Hi can you help me to modify my froogle out (ADD-on: Easy Populate & Products Attributes) put colums... I would like to get my product attributes like "Product Options" on each colum. They are

1 Size

2 Color

3 Clarity

4 Cut

Pls HELP!

FROOGLE HELP (ADD-on: Easy Populate & Products Attributes)

Hi can Any one help me to modify my froogle out (ADD-on: Easy Populate & Products Attributes) put colums... I would like to get my product attributes like "Product Options" on each colum. They are

1 Size

2 Color

3 Clarity

4 Cut

Pls HELP!

I think the edit must be done some where here but don't know what to look for :(

case 'froogle': // this is going to be a little interesting because we need // a way to map from internal names to external names // // Before it didn't matter, but with froogle needing particular headers, // The file layout is dynamically made depending on the number of languages $iii = 0; $filelayout = array(); $filelayout['v_froogle_products_url_1'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_froogle_products_name_'.EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_froogle_products_description_'.EP_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_ID] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_products_price'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_products_fullpath_image'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_froogle_product_id'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_froogle_quantitylevel'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_category_fullpath'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_froogle_exp_date'] = $iii ; $filelayout['v_froogle_currency'] = $iii ; $iii=0; $fileheaders = array(); // EP Support mapping new names to the export headers. // use the $fileheaders[''] vars to do that. $fileheaders['link'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['title'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['description'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['price'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['image_link'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['id'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['quantity'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['product_type'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['expiration_date'] = $iii ; $fileheaders['currency'] = $iii ; $filelayout_sql = "SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p, ".TABLE_CATEGORIES." as subc, ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES." as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id " . $sql_filter; break; // VJ product attributes begin case 'attrib': $iii = 0; $filelayout = array(); $filelayout['v_products_model'] = $iii ; $attribute_options_count = 1; foreach ($attribute_options_array as $tkey1 => $attribute_options_values) { $filelayout['v_attribute_options_id_'.$attribute_options_count] = $iii ; foreach ($languages as $tkey => $lang ) { $filelayout['v_attribute_options_name_'.$attribute_options_count.'_'.$lang['id']] = $iii ; } $attribute_values_query = "select products_options_values_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES_TO_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " where products_options_id = '" . (int)$attribute_options_values['products_options_id'] . "' order by products_options_values_id"; $attribute_values_values = tep_db_query($attribute_values_query); $attribute_values_count = 1; while ($attribute_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_values_values)) { $filelayout['v_attribute_values_id_'.$attribute_options_count.'_'.$attribute_values_count] = $iii ; foreach ($languages as $tkey2 => $lang ) { $filelayout['v_attribute_values_name_'.$attribute_options_count.'_'.$attribute_values_count.'_'.$lang['id']] = $iii ; } $filelayout['v_attribute_values_price_'.$attribute_options_count.'_'.$attribute_values_count] = $iii ; //// attributes stock add start if ( EP_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK == true ) { $header_array['v_attribute_values_stock_'.$attribute_options_count.'_'.$attribute_values_count] = $iii ; } //// attributes stock add end $attribute_values_count ; } $attribute_options_count ; } $filelayout_sql = "SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p "; break; // VJ product attributes end } $filelayout_count = count($filelayout); return array($filelayout, $filelayout_count, $filelayout_sql, $fileheaders);}

hI CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH SETING TO ADD 4000 ITEMS. SCV FIEL SIZE IS 4Mb

I did set admin/easypopulate.php

line 122

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

//Original Code define ('EP_SPLIT_MAX_RECORDS', 300); // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

define ('EP_SPLIT_MAX_RECORDS', 2000); // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//define ('EP_SPLIT_MAX_RECORDS', 4); // for testing

line 1254

$fp = fopen(EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY . (isset($_FILES['usrfl'])?$file['name']:$_POST['localfile']),'r') or die('##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.<br />'); // open file

//Original code while($line = fgetcsv($fp,32768,$ep_separator)) // read new line (max 32K bytes)

while($line = fgetcsv($fp,4194304,$ep_separator)) // read new line (max 4M bytes)

{

unset($line[(sizeof($line)-1)]); // remove EOREOR at the end of the array

$readed[] = $line; // add to array we will process later

When i try to Import EP file from Temp Dir I get

"Filename: EP2010Sep14-0777.csv

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /~/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1256"

I need to get to +70K inventory list in my final stage... but for now i need at least 4000 Items

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME???? :(

Hi, I met a serious problem when I import .cvs with Easy Populate v2_76i_MS2_1,

The file I download with Easy Populate, and I added price and product's attribute,then I want to re-import to the categories( I have remove all products from categories and just left the categories)

I am confused that the data I initially import to the shop with Easy Populate v2_76i_MS2_1, there were not any error...why I download the .cvs,edit it and re-import it...this problem happens..

The error report is:

Filename: mens_apparel.csv

| 11-100014 | Active | Outerwear | product/ap | 68 | 2010-8-5 2 | Apparel | Men's Clot | | Hoodies | A&F | 1 | Size | 1 | X | 2 | M | 3 | L | 4 | XL !New Product!

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'products_tax_class_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id ) VALUES ( 'product/apparel/Mens/Hoodies/AF/Outerwear-A&F-201.jpg', '11-100014', '68', '1', '2010-09-16 11:12:38', '2010-08-05 20:58:00', NULL, '', '', '1', NULL)

[TEP STOP]

There is no 'products_tax_class_id' in the .cvs

Edited by chuntse

Hello,

Sorry but I really read tons of replys in that topic but cannot find- I suppose for You- simple answer:-)

When I update file in cvs the databes is not updated and none of updated products show. I dont have any Error ro sthing like thet. It show me that product are updated but when i get into the catlogue i dont see new files.

I use XP and MS EXCEL

Please give me info because I have no idea:)

Settings & Info

HTTP: Apache
DB: MySQL 5.0.91+tld0-log
PHP: 5.2.4-0+tld0 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:
/home/users/cqbtactical/public_html/hurt/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
register_globals is: on
Model Num Size: 12

Other Support:

I will be thankful- Im not lazy I spend more than 3 hours to find it so please help.

Sorry for my poor English.

the most important thing is a sample of the data file you are attempting to upload, which most folks don't post for some reason. Most problem happen because of problems formatting the import.

hI CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH SETING TO ADD 4000 ITEMS. SCV FIEL SIZE IS 4Mb

I did set admin/easypopulate.php

line 122

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

//Original Code define ('EP_SPLIT_MAX_RECORDS', 300); // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

define ('EP_SPLIT_MAX_RECORDS', 2000); // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//define ('EP_SPLIT_MAX_RECORDS', 4); // for testing

line 1254

$fp = fopen(EP_TEMP_DIRECTORY . (isset($_FILES['usrfl'])?$file['name']:$_POST['localfile']),'r') or die('##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate.<br />'); // open file

//Original code while($line = fgetcsv($fp,32768,$ep_separator)) // read new line (max 32K bytes)

while($line = fgetcsv($fp,4194304,$ep_separator)) // read new line (max 4M bytes)

{

unset($line[(sizeof($line)-1)]); // remove EOREOR at the end of the array

$readed[] = $line; // add to array we will process later

When i try to Import EP file from Temp Dir I get

"Filename: EP2010Sep14-0777.csv

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /~/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1256"

I need to get to +70K inventory list in my final stage... but for now i need at least 4000 Items

PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME???? :(

you will want to take a close look at install step #6 of my version 2.76i. Go over those settings with your host to ensure you are allowed to make those changes. Discuss with them the error you are receiving and ask them to help you set the .htaccess file with the instructions on step #6.