osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkgFsJm

User filename: inventory.csv

Size: 823782

| 5 | AI40012 | 0 | 0 | ai40012.jp | ANIMA SHOU | Velvet, Pu | 2 | 1 | 22.57 | Anima Inte | CARRIERS | Bags-Backp | California | G,0,1 | Active | EOREOR | | | | | | | Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Tax @ 8.25%, manufacturers_id

UPDATE products SET products_price='G,0,1', products_image='ai40012.jpg', products_weight='Bags-Backpacks', products_tax_class_id='', products_date_available='0000-00-00 00:00:00', products_date_added='2008-05-14 23:48:24', products_last_modified='2008-05-14 23:48:24', products_quantity = California Tax @ 8.25%, manufacturers_id = 8, products_status = 1 WHERE (products_id = 28) LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

why am i getting this order???? can anyone help?

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkgFsJm

User filename: inventory.csv

Size: 823782

| 5 | AI40012 | 0 | 0 | ai40012.jp | ANIMA SHOU | Velvet, Pu | 2 | 1 | 22.57 | Anima Inte | CARRIERS | Bags-Backp | California | G,0,1 | Active | EOREOR | | | | | | | Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Tax @ 8.25%, manufacturers_id

UPDATE products SET products_price='G,0,1', products_image='ai40012.jpg', products_weight='Bags-Backpacks', products_tax_class_id='', products_date_available='0000-00-00 00:00:00', products_date_added='2008-05-14 23:48:24', products_last_modified='2008-05-14 23:48:24', products_quantity = California Tax @ 8.25%, manufacturers_id = 8, products_status = 1 WHERE (products_id = 28) LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

why am i getting this order???? can anyone help?

does this make sense?

products_price='G,0,1'

or this?

products_quantity = California Tax @ 8.25%

check you import for correct information in the columns

Works great when I already have existing categories, but when it has to "create categories on the fly" it doesn't. The products are still searchable but do not belong to any category, just their manufacturer.

Anyone else having the same problem?

(I'm using the latest MC 2.2RC2 and newest easy populate)

:huh:

Same problem here do you fix it

Same problem here do you fix it

Would like to help with this but I don't see any of the information that was asked for in the "how to ask for help" section of the docs in that "latest version". ;)

After deleting all the products in my test store I reuploaded them with different model numbers and the product ids as an extra field. After loading close to 27,000 items it seems to have worked just fine. I had a few item descriptions that ruined the csv format, but other than that the operation went smoothly.

One question: When I try to upload all 27,000 products in one file at once the screen will stop refreshing but the process continues in the background. This is fine except when there is an error there is no way of knowing. Is it possible to have the errors write to log file?

Also, I have very little trouble updating 27,000 products at a time, however, I cannot use the delete function with that many products. The only way I know to delete 27,000 items is to manually delete the top level categories one by one. It seems if I try to delete more than 1000 products at a time the browser does not update and I end up having to restart apache.

Easy populate is working very well for me! I am nearly ready to add another 8000 products to our store. =)

After deleting all the products in my test store I reuploaded them with different model numbers and the product ids as an extra field. After loading close to 27,000 items it seems to have worked just fine. I had a few item descriptions that ruined the csv format, but other than that the operation went smoothly.

One question: When I try to upload all 27,000 products in one file at once the screen will stop refreshing but the process continues in the background. This is fine except when there is an error there is no way of knowing. Is it possible to have the errors write to log file?

Also, I have very little trouble updating 27,000 products at a time, however, I cannot use the delete function with that many products. The only way I know to delete 27,000 items is to manually delete the top level categories one by one. It seems if I try to delete more than 1000 products at a time the browser does not update and I end up having to restart apache.

Easy populate is working very well for me! I am nearly ready to add another 8000 products to our store. =)

excellent, thanks for the report. I'll think about the log file option.

the problem with processing a high number of products with EP is the php timeout set by the host. The code is still quite inefficient. If your goal is to simply clear all the products, you can do that with a simple SQL script that you can run from phpMyAdmin.

DELETE FROM `categories`;
DELETE FROM `categories_description`;
DELETE FROM `manufacturers`;
DELETE FROM `manufacturers_info`;
DELETE FROM `products`;
DELETE FROM `products_attributes`;
DELETE FROM `products_attributes_download`;
DELETE FROM `products_description`;
DELETE FROM `products_notifications`;
DELETE FROM `products_options`;
DELETE FROM `products_options_values`;
DELETE FROM `products_options_values_to_products_options`;
DELETE FROM `products_to_categories`;

Hello, I installed Easy Populate 2.76C with Master Products. This is the most current version I can find to support Master Products. I have two questions:

1. How can I enable the search result when searching slave product's model number (v_products_model)? Currently, I can only search and find out (display) by master product's model number and the model number of regular products (v_products_model)?

2. v_products_master, where can I assign the number for this column. It seems that I have to select a master product from admin area, then I can find that products_master ID and use it in easy populate. Is there a easy way to do so?

Please, help me.

Hi

My present site host does not support MySql or PHP which is why I have moved to osCommerce - is easy Populate likely to work for me? Mr Site said that I could get all my product info database but that it would not merge into another program - I wasn't sure if they were just saying this to stop me leaving or if this is right.

Thank you

Regards

Kathryn

"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."

If you can get your current products in a csv/excel format with a bit of work EP will do it.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Wow, judging by the reviews, this is something to have. I basically have a store with minimal products, but each product has many attributes. Some of the attributes require weight for shipping of which I'm using "Add weight to attribute." Is this also doable through this contribution? And to make sure I'm understanding properly, everything pertaining to editing items/attributes can be imported/exported using excel??

Please say yes!!!

Wow, judging by the reviews, this is something to have. I basically have a store with minimal products, but each product has many attributes. Some of the attributes require weight for shipping of which I'm using "Add weight to attribute." Is this also doable through this contribution? And to make sure I'm understanding properly, everything pertaining to editing items/attributes can be imported/exported using excel??

Please say yes!!!

Yes attributes can be imported/exported.

I'm sorry to say, the attributes functionallity of this contrib is quite lacking. Each product exported will contain a several columns per defined attribute, not just the attributes that product uses.

Adding the weight to the attrib system would be a trick.

Hi I've been usint EP for some time now and it's been perfect but my need has changed a little. I would really like to include some custom fieds from categories and categories_description. Is that somehow possible at pressent time?

I can't do any "real" coding myself but i can follow an instruction, would be really great if someone could help me. Here are my "systeminfo"

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.2 PHP/4.4.7 mod_throttle/3.1.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_psoft_traffic/0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

DB: MySQL 4.1.21-log

PHP: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)

What would be really great was if one of the developers would consider implementing a solution like the arrays for products and products_description that works just perfect.

I am running osCommerce v2.2 MS2 060817 with a few contributions. The ones of interest - Big Images v1.25, Products Short Description v2 and Image Subdirectories 2, all of which require input from the product description page in the Admin Panel.

I am almost ready to embark on adding thousands of items to my shop and was wondering if Easy Populate can handle the extra from those contributions? And if so, which version should I use for my older osC shop?

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

(configuration in pic)

Hi. I set this up on my test store to see what it can do. Seems awesome, but I'm running into a slight problem. When you select "complete," shouldn't it check mark everything? As you can see in the attached pic, it only seems to highlight the area, but not check anything. When I download, I only get the headings in the top row, but no products.

When I do a custom file and check certain fields, I get the same result with no products. Some of the "quicklink" downloads work fine, but not "complete." There were also some occurrences where all headings were in cell 1a, as mentioned in a previous post, but that seems to have stopped.

-I've only got two products in the test store.

-I'm running a non-vanilla template

-haven't tried importing back in yet (babysteps, lol)

Thanks

easypop.png

I'm now populating 47,000 items into my store. The first 10,000 process within a few minutes. After that is slows to a crawl. The last 10,000 takes longer than the first 30,000.

I know this contribution is not designed for such a large store, but except for the speed it works very well.

Here is my layman's take on it:

I am not very good with php but my guess is that the script in easy populate does one SQL query per line.

To speed up the process is it possible to store the SQL queries into a temp file or even the memory and then run at the queries at once?

I'm now populating 47,000 items into my store. The first 10,000 process within a few minutes. After that is slows to a crawl. The last 10,000 takes longer than the first 30,000.

I know this contribution is not designed for such a large store, but except for the speed it works very well.

Here is my layman's take on it:

I am not very good with php but my guess is that the script in easy populate does one SQL query per line.

To speed up the process is it possible to store the SQL queries into a temp file or even the memory and then run at the queries at once?

So true, the more products you have in the database, the longer the imports will take. Although better then before EP is grossly inefficient in everything it does. It's probably more like 15-20 queries per line. And no, there is no way to cache the queries since many depend some other to complete the process.

Hm.. Maybe another way to rephrase my question... How do I add additional fields/variables to my easy populate report? And add the capability of import as well as export?

Thanks! :)

see the settings section of the manual or the settings section at the top of the EP file as described in the manual. Other then that, search this forum, there have been many posts with that help.

(configuration in pic)

Hi. I set this up on my test store to see what it can do. Seems awesome, but I'm running into a slight problem. When you select "complete," shouldn't it check mark everything? As you can see in the attached pic, it only seems to highlight the area, but not check anything. When I download, I only get the headings in the top row, but no products.

When I do a custom file and check certain fields, I get the same result with no products. Some of the "quicklink" downloads work fine, but not "complete." There were also some occurrences where all headings were in cell 1a, as mentioned in a previous post, but that seems to have stopped.

-I've only got two products in the test store.

-I'm running a non-vanilla template

-haven't tried importing back in yet (babysteps, lol)

Thanks

no it doesn't check all the fields when selecting complete, no need.

which links do work?

are the 2 products in categories or in the root of the shop?

post a link to your output file, placed in a publicly accessible area.

Hi

My present site host does not support MySql or PHP which is why I have moved to osCommerce - is easy Populate likely to work for me? Mr Site said that I could get all my product info database but that it would not merge into another program - I wasn't sure if they were just saying this to stop me leaving or if this is right.

Thank you

Regards

Kathryn

If your current database is in the format of another shop's web software, they are correct. But the job of converting from one shop to another could be contracted to a capable developer.

But as Mr Walton said "If you can get your current products in a csv/excel format with a bit of work EP will do it."

I am running osCommerce v2.2 MS2 060817 with a few contributions. The ones of interest - Big Images v1.25, Products Short Description v2 and Image Subdirectories 2, all of which require input from the product description page in the Admin Panel.

I am almost ready to embark on adding thousands of items to my shop and was wondering if Easy Populate can handle the extra from those contributions? And if so, which version should I use for my older osC shop?

I would say, the most appropriate version to start with is v2.76g. But I'm biased. Adding support for the additional contribs is up to you. I don't recognize any of those as being done before. But feel free to browse the other versions. My adjustments to the project have focused on getting the base package to work on the base osCommerce MS2.2 versions.

I would say, the most appropriate version to start with is v2.76g. But I'm biased. Adding support for the additional contribs is up to you. I don't recognize any of those as being done before. But feel free to browse the other versions. My adjustments to the project have focused on getting the base package to work on the base osCommerce MS2.2 versions.

Thank you for the reply Todd.

I will give 2.76g a try and see how it goes. ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

are the 2 products in categories or in the root of the shop?

thanks surfalot...i missed that part :blush:

Adding the weight to the attrib system would be a trick.

why, is this something that's been tried already, from that contribution? it already has an entry in the db in the products_attributes category, "options_values_weight" ..same place you get options_value_price and options_value_id. I'll mess around with it over the weekend...