• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

You are quite right - I hadn't put in the msql code. After trying a few false start installs, I forgot to do it.

So now file paths seem ok, but I'm getting an error. Are my header wrong? Is there a definitive guide other than the manual in the zip file?

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php4L66Mf

User filename: upload_test.txt

Size: 4472

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_price1_qty' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_added as v_date_avail, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND p.products_model = 'HMA0001' AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Did you run the SQL file in the contribution?

There should be an entry in your admin panel, under configuration, for "easy populate". You should be able to define the EP temp file location there. It's still calling it EP_TEMP_DIR which indicates that EP doesn't know the name of your temp directory.

Ok, cool. That's progress :)

I'm pretty sure that the p.products_price1_qty missing field is because EP 2.9 has the fields in the code that are for the "quantity price breaks" contribution, which you're probably not using. So, if that's the case you'll need to go into the easypopulate.php file and comment out the references to that contribution. It's looking for entries in your database that aren't there, so it's getting confused.

Pardon me, but what section do I have to comment out? Is it from here:

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.products_image as v_products_image,

p.products_price as v_products_price,

to where?

Also is this the way to correctly comment out the code: //* *// ?

Ok, cool. That's progress :)

I'm pretty sure that the p.products_price1_qty missing field is because EP 2.9 has the fields in the code that are for the "quantity price breaks" contribution, which you're probably not using. So, if that's the case you'll need to go into the easypopulate.php file and comment out the references to that contribution. It's looking for entries in your database that aren't there, so it's getting confused.

Choosealogin,

I've downloaded the couple of products that i've allready got in the store, and uploaded it, but it gives the same error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVkdcw8

User filename: EP2006May17-0909.txt

Size: 724

| MP3512 | | Mp3 player | ghsfkljgha | | 58158.78 | 0.00 | | 2006-05-17 | 0 | Hewlett Pa | Accessorie | Targus | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| fgfdsgsdf |

Do you think I should install another version of EP?

Regards,

Edwin

Is your last column filled in with EOREOR on every line?

It seems like a lot of your fields are empty, even on that 1st product. I'm not sure how much of a problem that would be...but who knows. The description looks empty, but maybe I'm not seeing it right.

Since it lists all of the rest of your model numbers, but no other data, it would make me think that it didn't like your model numbers for some reason...but they're not too long, so I don't know what could be wrong?

I'm not much help, just a few ideas.

If you have a few products that already exist in your store, try downloading the EP file, then upload it. Don't edit it, just upload it again to see if you have the same problem. If you have the same problem, then you'll know that it's a problem with EP and not a problem with your txt file.

Edited by ebupreez

I know you mentioned PHP5, but you made it sound like that definitely wasn't your problem...but what version of PHP are you using?

And just to be sure, did it quit after your "fgfdsgsdf" model number, even though there was more data in your upload file?

Choosealogin,

I've downloaded the couple of products that i've allready got in the store, and uploaded it, but it gives the same error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVkdcw8

User filename: EP2006May17-0909.txt

Size: 724

| MP3512 | | Mp3 player | ghsfkljgha | | 58158.78 | 0.00 | | 2006-05-17 | 0 | Hewlett Pa | Accessorie | Targus | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| fgfdsgsdf |

Do you think I should install another version of EP?

Regards,

Edwin

Edited by choosealogin

Choosealogin,

No, that was the last entry in the txt file. (Only two entries) Think my webhosting company is using PHP5. Don't know for sure. I've tried everything. Just installed Easy Populater 2.79b-MS2, but it gives exactly the same message. Only the first line gets imported. What is the fix for PHP 5?

Regrds,

Edwin

I know you mentioned PHP5, but you made it sound like that definitely wasn't your problem...but what version of PHP are you using?

And just to be sure, did it quit after your "fgfdsgsdf" model number, even though there was more data in your upload file?

Choosealogin,

I think I fixed it. Just did the PHP5 Fix :

FIND

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

REPALCE WITH

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

Best regards,

Edwin

Choosealogin,

No, that was the last entry in the txt file. (Only two entries) Think my webhosting company is using PHP5. Don't know for sure. I've tried everything. Just installed Easy Populater 2.79b-MS2, but it gives exactly the same message. Only the first line gets imported. What is the fix for PHP 5?

Regrds,

Edwin

Good, I hope it worked out.

For the future, you can go to your admin page > tools > server info

and it will show you your PHP version at the top.

Sorry I didn't catch that sooner :huh:

Choosealogin,

I think I fixed it. Just did the PHP5 Fix :

FIND

REPALCE WITH

walk($readed_record);

}

Best regards,

Edwin

I just looked at it, and there are a lot of sections with the price1 and price1_qty (and price2, price3, etc) fields in it.

You've made it this far, it's a shame to start over at this point, I guess. Meaning, it would have been easier to download a different version since these extra contributions don't apply for you. It's not your fault. The EP contribution page is very long and messy. It confuses a lot of people and turns them off to what is a very helpful and useful contribution. Nothing against 2.9 specifically, it's just only useful for people that need the separate price and/or quantity breaks functions.

Commenting the code can be done with two slashes // or a pound sign # at the beginning of the line. A block of code can be commented with /* at the beginning and */ at the end.

It's too much to paste here, so I'll send you a message with more detailed instructions :)

Pardon me, but what section do I have to comment out? Is it from here:

$filelayout_sql = "SELECT

p.products_id as v_products_id,

p.products_model as v_products_model,

p.products_image as v_products_image,

p.products_price as v_products_price,

to where?

Also is this the way to correctly comment out the code: //* *// ?

What version of EP should I be using if all I need is - multiple pictures(more_pics_6_v1.2) and automatic thumbnail.

Bercause even after commenting out a few sections, I still get the same error and can't get beyond:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpiMLxfa

User filename: upload_test.txt

Size: 4472

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_price1_qty' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_added as v_date_avail, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND p.products_model = 'HMA0001' AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

Edited by sircuss

Need urgent help... waiting to add many products to my site...

How can I disable (") but keep (')?

Becouse my problems is with (") which is converting into (& # 3 4) and destroying my HTML tags in my product descriptions...

And I want to keep (') becouse there are many (') in my product descripts and it doesn't make any conflict if they are converted to (& # 3 9)

Here is my easypopulate.php which is 2.79 and I added some extra lines for (short desciption & mo6pic)

easypopulate.php.txt

Thanks alot...

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

Can you give us an example of the html that's getting mangled? I want to try it so I can better understand what's happening. Just part of one of your descriptions.

Need urgent help... waiting to add many products to my site...

How can I disable (") but keep (')?

Becouse my problems is with (") which is converting into (& # 3 4) and destroying my HTML tags in my product descriptions...

And I want to keep (') becouse there are many (') in my product descripts and it doesn't make any conflict if they are converted to (& # 3 9)

Here is my easypopulate.php which is 2.79 and I added some extra lines for (short desciption & mo6pic)

easypopulate.php.txt

Thanks alot...

Hi to all the forum.

First, sorry for my bad english....

I have a little problem that i tryed to solve whitout success.

I have osCommerce 2.2-MS2 installed on PHP Version 5.0.4.

I installed with success Easypopulate version 2.78-MS2.

The problem is the follow:

when I perform the import of a database, only the first product is correctly insertend into database; the other products fail to be inserted.

The output is like this:

---

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpC31xoy

User filename: EP2006mag17-2109.txt.xls

SIZE_EP3608

| Polo001 | tshirt.gif | polo5 | Polo | | polo5 | Prova | Prova | 20 | 0.00 | | 0000-00-00 | 5 | 1 | Colore | | 1 | | Bianco | | 2 | | Blu Navy | | 3 | | Giallo | | 4 | | Nero | | 5 | | Arancio | | 6 | | Blu Royal | | 7 | | Rosso | | 8 | | Grigio | | 9 | | Verde | | 10 | | Fucsia | | | Polo | polo2 | | --none-- | Active Updated

| TS001 ts | TS002 ts | TS003 ts | TS004 ts | TS005 ts |

---

I search if there was a possible problem into the file, but it seems to be correct.

Also, if I export the database (OK, this pass successfuly) and without perform any change I reimport the SAME file, the problem persists.

I haven't any other idea. I search on internet but I don't found any possible solution.

You are the only my only hope

Thanks a lot (mille grazie!)

From Fabio - Genoa - Italy

In your easypopulate.php file

Find

replace by this

walk($readed_record);

}

The problem is PHP5. For more info, you can search this topic (with the box on the lower left) for "php5"

Hi to all the forum.

First, sorry for my bad english....

I have a little problem that i tryed to solve whitout success.

I have osCommerce 2.2-MS2 installed on PHP Version 5.0.4.

I installed with success Easypopulate version 2.78-MS2.

The problem is the follow:

when I perform the import of a database, only the first product is correctly insertend into database; the other products fail to be inserted.

The output is like this:

---

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpC31xoy

User filename: EP2006mag17-2109.txt.xls

SIZE_EP3608

| Polo001 | tshirt.gif | polo5 | Polo | | polo5 | Prova | Prova | 20 | 0.00 | | 0000-00-00 | 5 | 1 | Colore | | 1 | | Bianco | | 2 | | Blu Navy | | 3 | | Giallo | | 4 | | Nero | | 5 | | Arancio | | 6 | | Blu Royal | | 7 | | Rosso | | 8 | | Grigio | | 9 | | Verde | | 10 | | Fucsia | | | Polo | polo2 | | --none-- | Active Updated

| TS001 ts | TS002 ts | TS003 ts | TS004 ts | TS005 ts |

---

I search if there was a possible problem into the file, but it seems to be correct.

Also, if I export the database (OK, this pass successfuly) and without perform any change I reimport the SAME file, the problem persists.

I haven't any other idea. I search on internet but I don't found any possible solution.

You are the only my only hope

Thanks a lot (mille grazie!)

From Fabio - Genoa - Italy

Wonderful!!!

Now it works correctly !!!

So, the problem was due to PHP5 !!!

Thanks very very very much (was almost 2 weeks that I desperately search a solution :)

Fabio

In your easypopulate.php file

Find

replace by this

walk($readed_record);

}

The problem is PHP5. For more info, you can search this topic (with the box on the lower left) for "php5"

Can you give us an example of the html that's getting mangled? I want to try it so I can better understand what's happening. Just part of one of your descriptions.

Thanks for the reply choosealogin

here is the example...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=855937

shaytaan,

Ok, I thought I had seen your html somewhere. I should've searched a little better, huh? :blush:

I uploaded a test product with EP, with your table in the description. It turned out like this picture

http://2ndtimeauto.com/images/table_screen.jpg

I think that looks OK, does it? Of course the text is a little big, but I don't have your css in my stylesheet.

I'm using EP 2.74. With 2.74, the quote configuration settings are in the EP file (not in admin). I have quote replacement set to 'true' ...looks like this in my file

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

I think in 2.79, your setting is in Admin, is that right? I don't have a copy of that version. In 2.9, the SQL for quote settings looks a lot like what I pasted above. It's like

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Replace Quotes', 'EP_REPLACE_QUOTES', 'true', 'If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it is getting mangled on upload, turn this to "false."', 17, 9, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

I would imagine that 2.79 is similar (to 2.9). Now, I didn't try 'false' but...have you tried 'true'?

Thanks for the reply choosealogin

here is the example...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=855937

shaytaan,

Ok, I thought I had seen your html somewhere. I should've searched a little better, huh? :blush:

I uploaded a test product with EP, with your table in the description. It turned out like this picture

http://2ndtimeauto.com/images/table_screen.jpg

I think that looks OK, does it? Of course the text is a little big, but I don't have your css in my stylesheet.

I'm using EP 2.74. With 2.74, the quote configuration settings are in the EP file (not in admin). I have quote replacement set to 'true' ...looks like this in my file

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

I think in 2.79, your setting is in Admin, is that right? I don't have a copy of that version. In 2.9, the SQL for quote settings looks a lot like what I pasted above. It's like

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Replace Quotes', 'EP_REPLACE_QUOTES', 'true', 'If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it is getting mangled on upload, turn this to "false."', 17, 9, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

I would imagine that 2.79 is similar (to 2.9). Now, I didn't try 'false' but...have you tried 'true'?

Thanks for replying choosalogin, your are very helpfull :thumbsup:

It does look ok without css becouse the table can't be seen...

screenshot with (& # 3 4) uploaded by easypopulate

screenshot with (") entered manualy in osc

Here is the css file for my product description

product_data.css

I don't have those lines in my easypopulate.php and I added them but it didn't helped..

And I tried that SQL too with false and true.. it's working on just single quotes (')

It would be great if OSCommerce had EP, mopics & extra fields as options in the program. Since they're not, I'm trying to combine them. I'm stuck at extra fields. My php knowhow is lacking and the script contribs keep bumpin up against eachother. And so I forsake extra fields and will be happy with mopics and EP. I enter the url for the extra pics but they don't seem to upload even though the contrib is installed. The fields seem to be:

Products Image

Products Image1

Products Image2

etc.

so I add in my EP header:

v_products_image

v_products_image1 etc.

but the images aren't added?

Why not?

I'm having trouble with HTML Product Descriptions... Here's the link you can see the error? http://www.nowink.com/product_info.php?products_id=148

The main problem is the style of the table. I?m wondering anyone have any idea to fix it?

The code for the Product Descriptions

<table width="100%" border="0" class="ProduceText"> <tr> <td>Cyan Compatible Inkjet Cartridge manufactured by one of the best ink production company with an ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. The quality of the ink cartridges guarantees to meet or exceed all specification for the Epson T048220.</td> </tr> </table> <br /> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#cccccc" class="ProduceText"> <tbody> <tr> <td bgcolor="#cccccc"><strong>Epson Compatible Printers</strong></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"><strong>Epson Stylus Photo Series</strong><br /> R200<br /> R300<br /> R300M<br /> R320<br /> R340<br /> RX500<br /> RX600<br /> RX620</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Edited by an17d

I guess I'm not helpful enough ...

I'm not sure what you can do. There's got to be a way, somehow :)

Thanks for replying choosalogin, your are very helpfull thumbsup.gif

It does look ok without css becouse the table can't be seen...

screenshot with (& # 3 4) uploaded by easypopulate

screenshot with (") entered manualy in osc

Here is the css file for my product description

product_data.css

I don't have those lines in my easypopulate.php and I added them but it didn't helped..

And I tried that SQL too with false and true.. it's working on just single quotes (')

I'm a little confused. Did you edit the easypopulate.php file to add the Mopics fields? That will need to be done. Too much code to paste here, but as an example, this is an EP 2.74 file w/ mopics fields in it. I don't have 2.9 set up like that, sorry. If you do a search on that page for the word 'subimage', you'll find all the places where the mopics field names went. I may have overdone it, but it works :)

After you've done that, then your download file will have 6 extra columns in it for your extra images.

Then you'll need to upload any new images to your /images directory.

Then when you're filling out the spreadsheet, you can put your picture names in the cells:

mywidget1.jpg

mywidget2.jpg

etc.

Sorry if I completely missed your point and oversimplified your problem...not enough coffee yet >_<

It would be great if OSCommerce had EP, mopics & extra fields as options in the program. Since they're not, I'm trying to combine them. I'm stuck at extra fields. My php knowhow is lacking and the script contribs keep bumpin up against eachother. And so I forsake extra fields and will be happy with mopics and EP. I enter the url for the extra pics but they don't seem to upload even though the contrib is installed. The fields seem to be:

Products Image

Products Image1

Products Image2

etc.

so I add in my EP header:

v_products_image

v_products_image1 etc.

but the images aren't added?

Why not?

Edited by choosealogin