• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

hi all,

i have just installed EP and at first all seemed to be well. i have downloaded a Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit and changed one of my prices then uploaded it.

When i upload it i get the message;

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpi5E5lu

User filename: EP2005May06-0808.txt

Size: 134

but....the price hasn't changed on the website? any ideas?

i thought mabey since there are no errors it is a simply thing that is not quite right.

when i downloaded the .txt file in the first place, i open with excel and chose the following options,

Deliminated file, Tab and semicolon deliminated, test qualifier " (default), colum date format 'general'

any thoughts.

Thank you.

pete

did you create the temp directory per the documentation with the proper file permissions?

yup!

all acess/execute/read

- also i dont think i would have got the 'file uploaded' message if this was the prob...would i? :blink:

Edited by peterg

I have just added this contribution, as it was recomended by many to me.

Just added the files and installed it on a test site.

tried to upload one of the demo txt files that was provided and keep getting this error:

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005May06-1907.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpHpik7E' to '/home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005May06-1907.txt' in /home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpHpik7E

User filename: EP2005May06-1907.txt

Size: 744

Warning: file(/home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005May06-1907.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 665

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 688

//////////////////////////////////////

Can you help? Where am i going wrong?

Regards,

Kunal

Hi all. I've scoured every page of this thread, as well as easypopulate.php and its instructions, and it is still not clear to me where to uncomment in order to use EasyPopulate with an image mod. (I have the Big Images mod installed, incidentally).

Would someone please take the time to explain what needs to be uncommented? Or in the alternative, would someone post their functioning easypopulate.php which has been modified to allow the use of an image mod?

Thank you greatly!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/www/avd1.cogia.net/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2005May06-1907.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

should the address have 2 catalog folders in it?

try opening easypopulate.php and alter

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

to

$tempdir = "/temp/";

I have added a customer field to my products database which is under products as products_sku, and I need EP to download this feild too when I do a full download. Anyone know how to make it do this?

Hi all.  I've scoured every page of this thread, as well as easypopulate.php and its instructions, and it is still not clear to me where to uncomment in order to use EasyPopulate with an image mod.  (I have the Big Images mod installed, incidentally).

Would someone please take the time to explain what needs to be uncommented?  Or in the alternative, would someone post their functioning easypopulate.php which has been modified to allow the use of an image mod?

Thank you greatly!

As an afterthought... this issue has been asked numerous times in this thread, with no clear answer given. Does this mean it's one of those dumbass questions that everyone just skims over?

you have a document_root problem in your configure.php, use this:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

should the address have 2 catalog folders in it?

try opening easypopulate.php and alter

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

to

$tempdir = "/temp/";

so are you going to be uploading/downloading customer names with this all the time?

adding a field to ep just find where you want to insert the field in the code and test . .

I have added a customer field to my products database which is under products as products_sku, and I need EP to download this feild too when I do a full download.  Anyone know how to make it do this?

your field names need to match what you have in the database, easiest thing to do is add them after v_products_image and/or products_image

As an afterthought...  this issue has been asked numerous times in this thread, with no clear answer given.  Does this mean it's one of those dumbass questions that everyone just skims over?

Hi Guys,

I am new to EP, but with your help I have manged to get it up and running.

Just wondered is there a way I can add new fields to my product page?

i.e. like Weight I need to add things like Resolution, Brightness etc which is required in the industry I am in.

Can some one please point me to the right direction where I can create these fields and how to write it in PHP.

I am so new to this and its my first try ever.

Thanks !!!!

Kunal :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

I am new to EP, but with your help I have manged to get it up and running.

Just wondered is there a way I can add new fields to my product page?

i.e.  like Weight I need to add things like Resolution, Brightness etc which is required in the industry I am in.

Can some one please point me to the right direction where I can create these fields and how to write it in PHP.

I am so new to this and its my first try ever.

Thanks !!!!

Kunal :thumbsup:

Got this working now.

Hi!

I have problem with downloading "Complete tab-delimited .txt file".

I have ~1000 products and ~60 attributes.

I think this is too big database to download, or put it in the TEMP directory.

:'( and maybe timed out the server.

I cant SET TIME LIMIT, becouse the server is in SAFE MODE.

Any idae to solve my problem? :(

Chucky

edit easypopulate.php and download certain options at a time, until you have everything downloaded.

best bet is to get another host where you are not in safe mode.

edit easypopulate.php and download certain options at a time, until you have everything downloaded.

best bet is to get another host where you are not in safe mode.

Thank you for answer.

But, how can i set up the options number?

(Or set from-to, like: from 0-30, from 31-60 etc..)... to download the smallest db?

:blush:

I have spent many days looking through all the posts but do not appear to have found a post that answers my question (although I have found some that asks the same question)

I have many contributions inc Admin with user levels

In the admin page I have the link to the easypopulate page but when I click one of the links to create a file to be downloaded it just goes straight back to the admin login and does not create a file in the temp dir.

tempdir \temp\

the dir has write permision

its on a win 2000 server

could someone please point me in the right direction

David