• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

First, thanks John for suggesting to post here...

I'm having problems with the latest easy populate. I keep getting repeated errors when I try to upload a product list. I can download the current inventory and understand what fields are needed and those that aren't. For my test, I didn't change the header row at all.

I have read all the documentation numerous times and still I am stuck. There is a temp directory created and the permissions are set accordingly.

Here are the errors I am receiving when trying to upload a new file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/temp/newprod.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/store/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpwU9aFL' to '/home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/temp/newprod.txt' in /home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/store/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpwU9aFL

User filename: newprod.txt

Size: 5318

Warning: file(/home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/temp/newprod.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/httpd/vhosts/tightboards.com/httpdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 680

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

the documentation clearly states to read thru the easypopulate.php file, so you can change the settings there to match what you want on your store. currently sounds like tax is set to true. edit your ep file.

Thanks a bunch. I reinstalled everything and it worked. Funny how that happens sometimes...:)

Everything seems to be working correctly but I have just one of problem.

The product value or v_products_price is showing up as the products price (gross): when it's a taxable good. Can I get this column to display the products price (net):?

I have over 5,000 items in my store. Since the last batch of new products I can no longer download a complete file of my products (either download or to the temp directory). It appears the server keeps timing out.

Any solutions? Is there a way to split the downloaded file? HELP!

I?m still at a loss. I?m using easy populate 2.74-MS2. I can export from the database with no problem. When I try to upload that same file, I get the following message.

--------------------------------------

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\phpC029.tmp

User filename: EP2004Nov24-0808.txt

Size: 18378

| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | 321.74 | 23.00 | 0000-00-00 | 2004-11-19 | 32 | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| MG400-32M | MSIMPRO m | DVD-RPMK | DVD-BLDRN | DVD-MATR | DVD-YGEM | DVD-ABUG | DVD-UNSG | DVD-UNSG2 | DVD-FDBL | DVD-DHWV | DVD-LTWP | DVD-REDC | DVD-FRAN | DVD-CUFI | DVD-SPEED | DVD-SPEED | DVD-TSAB | DVD-BELOV | PC-SWAT3 | PC-UNTM g | PC-TWOF g | PC-DISC g | MSINTKB m | MSIMEXP m | HPLJ1100X | 50417-A c |

------------------------------

The problem I?m having is it only adds or updates the first record in the file. I have not made any alterations to the stock database. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?? :blink:

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

New Fields with Easy Populate

Remove Category Images

may not have the EOREOR also from looking at the fields in the second line area they dont look right. your description field is probably the problem.

i doubled checked the file and EOREOR is at the end of every line. also checked the .txt output file and it shows there. I cleared out the descriptions fields and put a few words in each with no dups and limited myself to 3 products to start small, i still get the same results.

-----------------

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\phpC0C2.tmp

User filename: EP2004Nov24-0808.txt

Size: 979

| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | this | www.matrox | 321.74 | 23 | 0000-00-00 | 11/19/2004 | 32 | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| MSIMPRO | PC-UNTM |

----------------------------

It bombs out on the second item. Its find all the information for the first product, but then only the product model for the remaining products.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

I have the same problem that mmier has!

Only first line is updating well!

But the most strange is that on localhost everything is fine!

I get this (sorry for russian):

Filename: m.txt 
| a1 | other/accu | ?????????? | ?????????? | | 350 | 1 | | 14.11.2004 | 50 | 7 | ???? ? ??? | 16 | | ??? ????? | 17 | | ? ?????? | Motorola | ?????????? | | | --???-- | Active Updated 
| a2 other | a3 other | a4 other | a5 other | a6 other | a7 other | a8 other | a9 other | a10 othe | a11 othe | a12 othe | d1 motor | d2 motor | d3 motor | d4 motor | d5 motor | d6 motor | d7 motor | d8 motor | d9 motor | d10 moto | z1 other | z2 other | z3 other | z4 other | ch1 no_p | ch2 no_p | ch3 no_p | ch4 no_p | ch5 no_p | ch6 no_p | ch7 no_p | ch8 no_p | ch9 no_p | ch10 no_ | ch11 no_ | ch12 no_ | ch13 no_ | ch14 no_ | ch15 no_ | ch16 no_ | ch17 no_ | ch18 no_ | ch19 no_ | ch20 no_ | ch21 no_ | ch22 no_ | ch23 no_ | k1 no_pi | k2 no_pi | k3 no_pi | k4 no_pi | k5 no_pi | k6 no_pi | k7 no_pi | k8 no_pi | k9 no_pi | k10 no_p | k11 moto | k12 no_p | k13 no_p | k14 no_p | k15 no_p | k16 no_p | k17 no_p | o1 other | o2 other |

Hi all,

Im having a slight model_number problem with Easy Populate 2.72. This is what happens...:

I download a complete tab-delimeted text file and import it into Excel. Everything looks fine but im missing a few model_numbers. So, i fill in the blank model numbers, save the file and upload it to the temp directory (the Upload EP file function doesnt work for some reason...). Then, from the temp folder i try to upload the file and everything seems to work fine but on the very last line it tells me that the model_number line wasnt inserted because it couldnt be found...

So, i download the whole catalogue again and load it into Excel, the same model numbers that i just entered previously are not there on the file??

So, my problem is basically that it wont change the model numbers when i upload an updated tab-delimited file. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks!

the issue with php5 has not been resolved, easy populate isnt working with it at the moment.

well i think i found where my problem is. I'm running on a windows based box with php5. so i guess i have to resort to single item entries for now.

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

Remove Category Images

this on the server? one thing you can do, is setup a system locally running 4.3.9, and then create a database there. then upload the products from the database to the live server.

then use easypopulate to create more of the products locally, then restore just the tables for the products to your server.l

are you using categories? u sure the last line has the EOREOR?

after the very last one after converting into text, make sure there is no 'white space' after the last EOREOR

Hi all,

Im having a slight model_number problem with Easy Populate 2.72. This is what happens...:

I download a complete tab-delimeted text file and import it into Excel. Everything looks fine but im missing a few model_numbers. So, i fill in the blank model numbers, save the file and upload it to the temp directory (the Upload EP file function doesnt work for some reason...). Then, from the temp folder i try to upload the file and everything seems to work fine but on the very last line it tells me that the model_number line wasnt inserted because it couldnt be found...

So, i download the whole catalogue again and load it into Excel, the same model numbers that i just entered previously are not there on the file??

So, my problem is basically that it wont change the model numbers when i upload an updated tab-delimited file. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks!

hi,

both excel and access do not permit enough spreadsheet fields to open my easy populate download. it had worked find and dandy and then I added one attribute and now when it exports, i have the file alright but it tells me it won't open the file - yes, same thing sounds like as the other poster on Nov-10th.

however, i can't seem to find any info here or on the web specifically as to what software program i need to use? i only have about 30 attributes but about 1000 products and need to establish all the attributes (none are done yet). i want to do that by uploading a modified EP .txt tab-delimited file. have been using easypopulate. i tested an upload with a few attribute modifications to the full EP file a hour or so earlier and it imported and uploaded fine - ra ra - very cool - please advise regarding the field issue....

Thank you...

hi,

i think i may have found the answer to my question, but please verify if you would. i recalled seeing "qtpro" i think mentioned somewhere in the forums which i knew that as quattro pro i thought so many years ago (grin), if it was the same thing, so i finally found info on the web indicating...

Quattro Pro also avoids Excel's long-standing worksheet size limitation of 65,536 rows by 256 columns, with a maximum worksheet size of one million rows by 18,276 columns.

i think that'd be PLENTY of fields!!

again, if there's something else that would be better or recommended to use instead, please let me know.

thank you...

Hi,

I'm receiving the following statement after inserting the EP File into the database.

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Also i'm loosing nearly all the products in the database.

I had 215 products before the upload and now only 10 products are showing?

Something which I have noticed is that the 10 products that I'm left with after the upload are also the 10 best products purchased on the site.

Could this be a database problem?

This is what I did after installing Easy Populate...

1. Downloaded the complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

2. Loaded this file into excel.

One thing I should mention is that the first 20 or so products did'nt have a model number but the rest of the products did. This was down to me not adding them when I first added the products.

3. I added the model numbers to the products that did'nt have one.

4. Saved this file as tab-delimited file.

5. Uploaded the ep file and then installed into the database.

I had another go but this time adding one more product to list and then sending back into the database.

Still showing the same problem?

I have spoken to Mibble on another forum and he asked if I had categories..

All the products are in categories and subcategories.

Any help with this would be great,

Gazza....

Could someone help me with this please.

Thanks,

Gazza...

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

Hello Mibble,

Heres a small section from Easy Populate.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpUsBGcp

User filename: EP2004Nov27-1503.txt

Size: 223789

| BCH001 | optimateac | Optimate 1 | Fused eyel | | 3.49 | 0.00 | | 2004-11-04 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | Colour | 1 | | Blue | 2 | | Black | 3 | | Clear | 4 | | Gold | 5 | | Purple | 6 | | Red | 7 | | Carbon Fib | 8 | | Metallic B | 9 | | Metallic B | 10 | | Metallic R | 11 | | Carbon Kev | 12 | | Titanium W | 13 | | Aluminium | 14 | | Blue Carbo | 15 | | Red Carbon | 16 | | Dark Blue | 17 | | Yellow | 33 | | Black/Stee | 34 | | Blue/Black | 35 | | Red/Black | 2 | Size | 18 | | 1 | 19 | | 2 | 20 | | 3 | 21 | | 4 | 22 | | 5 | 23 | | 6 | 24 | | 7 | 25 | | 8 | 26 | | 9 | 27 | | 10 | 28 | | 11 | 29 | | 12 | 30 | | S/M | 31 | | L/XL | 32 | | 13 | 3 | Aprilia | 4 | Honda | 5 | Kawasaki | 6 | Suzuki | 7 | Yamaha | 8 | Designs | 36 | | Valentino | 37 | | Ducati (Ca | 38 | | Telefonica | 39 | | Camel (Bia | 40 | | MotoGP Cla | OptiMate | Workshop | Battery Ch | Optimate | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

And the bit at the bottom.

| MIR002 | motrax_ind | Motrax Ind | Streamline | | 49.99 | 0.00 | | 2004-11-18 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | Colour | 1 | | Blue | 2 | | Black | 3 | | Clear | 4 | | Gold | 5 | | Purple | 6 | | Red | 7 | | Carbon Fib | 8 | | Metallic B | 9 | | Metallic B | 10 | | Metallic R | 11 | | Carbon Kev | 12 | | Titanium W | 13 | | Aluminium | 14 | | Blue Carbo | 15 | | Red Carbon | 16 | | Dark Blue | 17 | | Yellow | 33 | | Black/Stee | 34 | | Blue/Black | 35 | | Red/Black | 2 | Size | 18 | | 1 | 19 | | 2 | 20 | | 3 | 21 | | 4 | 22 | | 5 | 23 | | 6 | 24 | | 7 | 25 | | 8 | 26 | | 9 | 27 | | 10 | 28 | | 11 | 29 | | 12 | 30 | | S/M | 31 | | L/XL | 32 | | 13 | 3 | Aprilia | 4 | Honda | 5 | Kawasaki | 6 | Suzuki | 7 | Yamaha | 8 | Designs | 36 | | Valentino | 37 | | Ducati (Ca | 38 | | Telefonica | 39 | | Camel (Bia | 40 | | MotoGP Cla | Motrax | Machine Sp | Mirrors | Motrax Mir | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

The only things I changed in easypopulate.php was the following:

The two strings under froogle to point to my URL rather than the default one and the model length was changed from default 12 to 30. This was also changed in the database to reflet the change.

Gazza....

There is no justice ...... Just Us!