• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

I am getting this error when running ezpopulate to make products inactive.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '144.9500", vendors_id="1" ,manufacturers_id=80 , products_status=0 WHERE ' at line 4

I have been searching this board for hours and can't find a solution that works for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Brian

can any one tell me what this means?

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpfNNFOR

User filename: EP2007Jun24-2008.csv

Size: 1749

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

| 35232 "352 | " | 19.95 | 1.00 | " | 2007-04-09 | 10000 | 1" | Color | 2" | Size | 3" | Model | 5" | Value | " | 6" | Premium | " | 7" | Deluxe | " | 8" | PS/2 | " | 9" | USB | " | 4" | Memory | 1"

Thank in advance!!!!!

found this:

EasyPopulate requires the use of the product_model field (model number). It won't work without the model number. The model numbers you assign must be unique, i.e. you can't give all your products a product_model of "test".

see sample output file w/ Excel. A 1 v_products_model

also make sure EOREOR is in the end column.

Hope this helps!

These are products that were already in my store with model #'s. All I did was download the full file from EP and tried to upload it back into the Data base without changing anything. I have the Gift voucher coupon trad contribution installed which requires the gift certificates to have a model # that starts with the word Gift; but they are not exactly the same ie: Gift25, Gift50 and Gift 100. Could this be the problem? I am using the 2.76d version of EP.

Hi, when I click on: Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit - it comes back with internal error 500 - please try again later.

I have looked through manuals but cannot see why this would happen.

I have installed 2.76 full package and am on MS2 and have less than 300 products. Temp file is 777 under catalog.

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Can someone who knows the code in this contrib real well (like surfalot) please explain how the attributes prices are collected and display with this contrib?

Here's why I ask ...

I'm using the Actual Attributes Price contrib. With it, the options menu diplays the actual price of an option (with no prefix), instead of the price difference (with a + or -). To do this, I just leave the price prefix blank when adding an attribute to an item in the osCommerce web-based admin. Basically, the attribute price replaces the normal price, instead of being added or subtracted from it.

With easy populate, when I add an attribute price to the spread sheet without adding a price prefix, and then I upload it, it shows up with a + in the attribute drop down menu on the product page. Is it added automatically? If so, how can I turn that off and stop the addition and subtraction of the attribute price? When there is no prefix, I want the product price to be replace.

Thanks!

The permissions to my catalog/temp dir are set to 777, but I still get these errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog//catalog/temp/EPTest.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpDLwU7H' to '/home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog//catalog/temp/EPTest.txt' in /home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpDLwU7H

User filename: EPTest.txt

Size: 1340

Warning: file(/home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog//catalog/temp/EPTest.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/myuser/public_html/acart/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

How can I fix this? I'm using 2.2rc1 and easypopulate 2.76d ms2.

Edited by hdcwr0x2

Not to triple post, but I have a more difficult error now. Product uploads, even when generated by EP, only insert the first non-header line into the DB. The first line is correct and all my header info is correct, but all the other rows are ignored. I have EOREOR at the end of each row. I'm working on my EP file in Excel 2004 OSX.

Can some one clarify a few things for me about EP so I can see if its a fault with my install or I'm just wishing it did more that it was intended to do.

when I do a full dump of products the first product has the correct attributes lets say its a jacket thats available in red, green and blue.

but any lines underneath are incorrect - lets say its a pair of trousers available in small medium and large - but it will show red, green and blue.

this makes me think something about my install is wrong.

now for uploading data -

I want to add a t-shirt and I also want to add new attributes for this T-shirt of long sleeve or short sleeve.

Can EP do this add a new product with new attribs? or is it only able to use attribs previously in the system.

many thanks

Graeme

any one know the answer?

I finally got some sort of EP import running. Using 1 article the import module works ok. when importing more products, it gives me an error message

Warning: move_uploaded_file(C:/xampp/htdocs/webshop/temp/import.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\xampp\htdocs\webshop\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\xampp\tmp\php42BF.tmp' to 'C:/xampp/htdocs/webshop/temp/import.txt' in C:\xampp\htdocs\webshop\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\xampp\tmp\php42BF.tmp

User filename: import.txt

Size:

There are 5 lines in the text file, which matches above error message..

Anyone encountered this problem before ??

I finally got some sort of EP import running. Using 1 article the import module works ok. when importing more products, it gives me an error message

Warning: move_uploaded_file(C:/xampp/htdocs/webshop/temp/import.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\xampp\htdocs\webshop\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\xampp\tmp\php42BF.tmp' to 'C:/xampp/htdocs/webshop/temp/import.txt' in C:\xampp\htdocs\webshop\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\xampp\tmp\php42BF.tmp

User filename: import.txt

Size:

There are 5 lines in the text file, which matches above error message..

Anyone encountered this problem before ??

I figured the first one out. I had import.txt also sitting in the catalog\temp folder. I moved it into another location and the only thing left as an error now is

the no products_model field in record error (although from looking at the DB entry, this field can be left blank.. So don't understand what causes this error??

Ahh, its telling me my date added field isn't there, but it is!

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAInRZs

User filename: twotwo.txt

SIZE_EP377

| 90 | 260082.jpg | 260082 | 180 | Active | 5/05/2006 | 5/05/2006 | 5/05/2006 | Taxable Go | 50 | 1000 | Stevens DVDs | something !New Product!

1048 - Column 'products_date_added' cannot be null

INSERT INTO products ( products_sale_price, products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '260082.jpg', '260082', '180', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, NULL, '', '50', '1000', '90', 'NULL')

[TEP STOP]

Help me! deadlines galore.

Steven

At the risk of sounding really stupid I cannot find any reference to a temp directory anywhere!

I do not have a directory called catalog neither.

I am unable to access any of my files via the admin as I can't work out how to change the permissions. I use FTP and I upload via /www/. OSC was set up via fantastico.

So can someone please tell me where this temp file is supposed to be or do I need to create it somewhere?

v2.76e Released ! Anyone using v2.76d, and are having trouble, please update and enjoy the more readable docs included.

Most modifications were made because of problems reported in the forum. Thanks to all that helped debug.

I'll bet y'all thought I wasn't keeping track....

+ cleaned up some redundant code.

+ cleaned up the docs for readability.

+ Removed various excess files.

+ fixed a problem where the currency precision was being ignored.

+ Added a currency precision configuration item.

+ Added code to pick the Excel list separator based on the language choice in your web browser.

see post 4939: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...244&st=4920

+ Removed all global use for those with global registration restricted servers.

see post: (almost every post) :)

+ Set default Products Model to 12 since orginal osC database size is 12 chars - thanks HallMarc

+ Set Froogle's URLs to osC standard constants eliminating user configuration - thanks HallMarc

+ Fixed Froogle's outdated code - thanks HallMarc

see post: 4854 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry984338

+ Fixed an issue where Product Descriptions and URLs were being blanked when only the

Product Name was uploaded.

+ Fixed problem with PHP 5 and array_walk() function reported in forum.

See post: 4827 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry982309

(note: function name has changed to avoid confusion)

+ cleared-up an issue with the Date Added being assigned to the Date Available & other date issues.

+ Fixed issue with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP failing to set the Date Added date to a product import.

See post: 5036 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...244&st=5020

(Note: I changed this fix since CURRENT_TIMESTAMP didn't work with all servers)

+ Fixed issue with products status not keeping original value.

See Post: 5315 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1030113

+ Fixed a problem where category insertions where not handled correctly in multi-language shops.

This does not yet offer multi-language category support. :( But will at least setup the

first imported language and other languages so that the admin works correctly.

See post: 5671 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1059786

+ Changed the working (current) language to be the current admin language instead of the

hidden osC default language setting. This should allow those with multiple Category languages

to work with them by changing the current language from the admin main page when importing that

specific language. OK, this and the last fix makes it possible to work with multi-language cats.

But its still not an ideal solution.

See post: 5503 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1042183

+ Fixed a bug where negative product attributes where being imported with a double negative.

See Post 5517: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...244&st=5500

+ fixed a problem with inclusion of the easypopulate functions file. function_exists syntax was wrong.

+ Added support for category images. (v_categories_image_1, v_categories_image_2, etc.)

+ Included pui30576's fix for SPPC (9 Apr 2007)

+ Included OPTIONAL Extra Field Contribution support offered by minhmaster DEVSOFTVN

+ Included support for product deletes thanks to bruyndoncx

see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=235945&hl=

+ Included a contribution by PerlSOL to populate a dropdown list from your temp directory

for easy picking uploaded files for import.

see post: 5908 http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1101458

SUPPORT

I will be watching this thread for support. I will be supporting this version only.

Due to time constraints I will help find problems with this version as I uploaded it and I will not be helping integrate other contributions, sorry. I'd be more then happy to integrate code you have developed for other contributions.

v2.76e Released !

Hi,

I just installed 2.76e and works great. No problems found.

One question are there any instructions for adding a new field?

I would like to add a field called "products_cost".

Thanks

WazzaWazza

Hi,

I just installed 2.76e and works great. No problems found.

One question are there any instructions for adding a new field?

I would like to add a field called "products_cost".

Thanks

WazzaWazza

there was a nice little post a while back. all you have to do with that one is follow products_price throughout the code and duplicate it with products_cost. done!

thanks for the feedback.

Ok in regards to my question further above, yes this new version has sorted it all out!!!!!

It works!

Thank-you.

Have a question though. Why when I upload the file does it turn everthing in my shop to inactive. I have to activate them all again, which is time consuming. What setting did I miss? I downloaded and altered the attributes only. Could that have caused the problem?

Ok in regards to my question further above, yes this new version has sorted it all out!!!!!

It works!

Thank-you.

Have a question though. Why when I upload the file does it turn everthing in my shop to inactive. I have to activate them all again, which is time consuming. What setting did I miss? I downloaded and altered the attributes only. Could that have caused the problem?

Sorry! I realise it is a setting in easypopulate.php but what do I do to set the status to active?

Now that I got the EP working, my next problem are the pictures that go with the product. Rather vague as a description isn't it? So let me try and explain what am trying to accomplish and perhaps someone has encountered the same situation and (hopefully) found a solution to this.

Below is an extract from the spreadsheet listing the image

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_4 v_products_description_4 v_products_url_4 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1

DWWI070 Dwwi070.jpg Hybrid Wood Wilson Men’s ProStaff DC Hybrid Wood with Graphite Shaft www.wilson.com Hybrid Wood Wilson Men’s ProStaff DC Hybrid Wood with Graphite Shaft

This image is inserted into the shop without any problems because the picture (DWWI070.JPG) is located in the default images folder. However since we are talking about a lot of products from different suppliers, I'd like to get the pictures organized in a folder per supplier. So for instance, pictures of products from supplier wilson should be located in images\wilson.

When I however use this location in the spreadsheet, no pictures shows up when uploading data to the database. I tried with different formats, i.e. \images\wilson\DWWI070.jpg, images\wilson\DWWI070.JPG, \wilson\DWWI070.JPG etc. None of these get me the picture.

Does anybody have an idea if above is possible and if so, how this can be accomplished?

Tks

Sorry! I realise it is a setting in easypopulate.php but what do I do to set the status to active?

Hmm, I guess the important part of the "how to ask for help" section of the docs in this case would be a link to your import file (or sample there of). (do not just post the data)

Now that I got the EP working, my next problem are the pictures that go with the product. Rather vague as a description isn't it? So let me try and explain what am trying to accomplish and perhaps someone has encountered the same situation and (hopefully) found a solution to this.

Below is an extract from the spreadsheet listing the image

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_4 v_products_description_4 v_products_url_4 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1

DWWI070 Dwwi070.jpg Hybrid Wood Wilson Men’s ProStaff DC Hybrid Wood with Graphite Shaft www.wilson.com Hybrid Wood Wilson Men’s ProStaff DC Hybrid Wood with Graphite Shaft

This image is inserted into the shop without any problems because the picture (DWWI070.JPG) is located in the default images folder. However since we are talking about a lot of products from different suppliers, I'd like to get the pictures organized in a folder per supplier. So for instance, pictures of products from supplier wilson should be located in images\wilson.

When I however use this location in the spreadsheet, no pictures shows up when uploading data to the database. I tried with different formats, i.e. \images\wilson\DWWI070.jpg, images\wilson\DWWI070.JPG, \wilson\DWWI070.JPG etc. None of these get me the picture.

Does anybody have an idea if above is possible and if so, how this can be accomplished?

Tks

Ok .. specifying this format in the spreadsheet does the trick /[subfolder]/[image_name]

Hmm, I guess the important part of the "how to ask for help" section of the docs in this case would be a link to your import file (or sample there of). (do not just post the data)

It's alright I did not realise that I had to add a column v_staus to my attributes download as the Complete had it already there. I got myself mixed up with how it works.

Have another question though. Before using EP I had installed Actual prices which removed the prefix. After using EP the prefix has returned so any ideas on how can I remove it?

It's alright I did not realise that I had to add a column v_staus to my attributes download as the Complete had it already there. I got myself mixed up with how it works.

Have another question though. Before using EP I had installed Actual prices which removed the prefix. After using EP the prefix has returned so any ideas on how can I remove it?

sounds like something I should look at the status logic. it should default to active if the v_staus column is not included.

what are you refering to by "the prefix" ? to what?