• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I was using Easy Populate to import data, however I made a major mistake and now I have about 100+ stuffed items. How do I clear the whole database and start again? I have a good backup of the excel file...

And while i am posting does anyone know how to remove the "What's New Here?" etc bits from the site?

Thanks,

Thomas

I try to find answer to my question using search function but i receive too many results (maybe because english is not my native language) so i'm asking you here: how can i add a new field into easypopulate?

I add imageurl field into database, it's working fine using admin area (add/edit) but i can't use it with easyopulate, no insert or update was made. Of course, i try to add this new field into admin/easypopulate.php queries but no success, i miss something.... Unfortunately, i can't attach my file here so please tell me what lines to edit to add this field

Thanks

I've been using EP with no problems for over a year now and all's been good.

I had to migrate the store to a new server this week though, and suddenly everything's stopped working.

Migration was done via manual ftp, and I've made sure to 777 the temp dir

Database was a manual export from phpMyAdmin as a .gz, then imported back into the new cloned db.

On trying to upload a file, the screen appears to be "working" for maybe 10 seconds, then I get thrown back to the admin panel login screen without anything having happened.

Attempting to download an EP file has the same effect.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

TIA,

Dan

I try to find answer to my question using search function but i receive too many results (maybe because english is not my native language) so i'm asking you here: how can i add a new field into easypopulate?

I add imageurl field into database, it's working fine using admin area (add/edit) but i can't use it with easyopulate, no insert or update was made. Of course, i try to add this new field into admin/easypopulate.php queries but no success, i miss something.... Unfortunately, i can't attach my file here so please tell me what lines to edit to add this field

Thanks

In your easy populate file, just duplicate EVERY instance of an existig field that you take as a reference: I take myself the products_weight as a reference.

then do a search from the top of the file:

you will first find :

'v_products_weight',

just add the filed you want below that, like

'v_products_weight',

'v_products_other_field',

then do a find next:

you will find other occurences like:

p.products_weight as v_products_weight,

add your field by mimicking the structure:

p.products_weight as v_products_weight,

p.products_weight as v_products_other_field,

you will find variations like:

'v_products_weight' => $iii++,

or

products_weight,

or

'$v_products_weight',

or

products_weight="'.$v_products_weight .

keep on going until the end of the file with your "find next" function, it will work.

Always use the find next to be sure you won;t miss an occurence: don't search with you eyes: you will miss one ;-)

and of course, do a copy of your file before changing anything: I'm not responsible if you mess up :-)

what version of php are you using on the new server? sounds like version 5. you can go to tools/serverinfo in the admin area to find out.

I've moved from v4.4.4 on the old host to 4.3.9 on the new.

I've been right through the site now and it seems to be linked to the Admin Access Levels contrib - anything where a form is used now boots me out back to the login screen.

Looking at the oscAdminID it changes every time a bootout happens, so it seems that something is causing these session IDs to change when a form is submitted.

Damned if I know why though!

search the tips and tricks for 'empty a database' there is a great solution.

I was using Easy Populate to import data, however I made a major mistake and now I have about 100+ stuffed items. How do I clear the whole database and start again? I have a good backup of the excel file...

And while i am posting does anyone know how to remove the "What's New Here?" etc bits from the site?

Thanks,

Thomas

I have had my shop up and running now for a while and never had this problem before if someone cal give some insite.

I go to download a complete text file and I get a page can't be displayed. What would cause it to hang up like this? I haven't added any more products or anything to make me think that it is because of the file size. Any ideas?

try not using ssl in the backend, perhaps something with your shared ssl, etc.?

Sorted it out.

in admin/includes/application_top.php find:

tep_session_name('osCAdminID');
tep_session_save_path(SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY);

// set the session cookie parameters
if (function_exists('session_set_cookie_params')) {
session_set_cookie_params(0, DIR_WS_ADMIN);
} elseif (function_exists('ini_set')) {
ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', '0');
ini_set('session.cookie_path', DIR_WS_ADMIN);
}

and comment lower section out to appear:

tep_session_name('osCAdminID');
tep_session_save_path(SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY);

/* comment following out
// set the session cookie parameters
if (function_exists('session_set_cookie_params')) {
session_set_cookie_params(0, DIR_WS_ADMIN);
} elseif (function_exists('ini_set')) {
ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', '0');
ini_set('session.cookie_path', DIR_WS_ADMIN);
}*/

Fixed the issue - why this was a problem on the new server and not the old I've no idea!

I have had my shop up and running now for a while and never had this problem before if someone cal give some insite.

I go to download a complete text file and I get a page can't be displayed. What would cause it to hang up like this? I haven't added any more products or anything to make me think that it is because of the file size. Any ideas?

Ok I looked at my error log and it says update zend optimizer as it is not supported by php5.2

Hi all, I installed the contribution to my store and it all seems to work just fine, that is:

*The installation and Admin interface.

*Extract and download from database

So far good and smoothly :-) My greetings to do codewizards!

When checking the colums in the tab divided .txt file I came across the

columnlabel "v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1"

Data in it is:"Download: Windows - English"

another:

"v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1"

Data: "Box: Windows - English"

I have two languages installed in my shop Swedisg and English.

I wonder what the mentioned fields data stand for and why if this is from the English attributes in Catalog why Swedish is not included?

Finally if this data should be uploaded to the database again or if it will mess up it all???

Would be greatful for an answer since I have over 1000 products wating to be uploaded to my shop and I havn´t dared yet afraid to screw up the db...

All the best,

Hans

Hi all, I installed the contribution to my store and it all seems to work just fine, that is:

*The installation and Admin interface.

*Extract and download from database

So far good and smoothly :-) My greetings to do codewizards!

When checking the colums in the tab divided .txt file I came across the

columnlabel "v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1"

Data in it is:"Download: Windows - English"

another:

"v_attribute_values_name_4_2_1"

Data: "Box: Windows - English"

I have two languages installed in my shop Swedisg and English.

I wonder what the mentioned fields data stand for and why if this is from the English attributes in Catalog why Swedish is not included?

Finally if this data should be uploaded to the database again or if it will mess up it all???

Would be greatful for an answer since I have over 1000 products wating to be uploaded to my shop and I havn´t dared yet afraid to screw up the db...

All the best,

Hans

You must learn to backup and restore your current database before using any contribution. With the variety of server types and code, there is no absolute guarentee any will work as expected. Most hosts provide phpMyAdmin (recomended). Or osCommerce backup.

Aside from that, all languages should be exported with the attributes. The cateogry names don't export all the languages though.

are you adding 1000 products or just updating the current data?

You must learn to backup and restore your current database before using any contribution. With the variety of server types and code, there is no absolute guarentee any will work as expected. Most hosts provide phpMyAdmin (recomended). Or osCommerce backup.

Aside from that, all languages should be exported with the attributes. The cateogry names don't export all the languages though.

are you adding 1000 products or just updating the current data?

I have about 60 products in the shop at the moment and are now going to add about 1000 more.

Yes, I do backup as a routine before any major change or addition.

I read your answer on the issue of languages but still wonder what happens when I upload the table with heading ""v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1" ("Download: Windows - English")?

/Hans

I have about 60 products in the shop at the moment and are now going to add about 1000 more.

Yes, I do backup as a routine before any major change or addition.

I read your answer on the issue of languages but still wonder what happens when I upload the table with heading ""v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1" ("Download: Windows - English")?

/Hans

And looking at the exported language issue again: I got all the categories exported in both languages as well as all the attributes in english and swedish, seems like the only tabel not inccluded in swedish is the the two I mentioned about download and box...?

/Hans

And looking at the exported language issue again: I got all the categories exported in both languages as well as all the attributes in english and swedish, seems like the only tabel not inccluded in swedish is the the two I mentioned about download and box...?

/Hans

Conclusion and end of subject....

I uploaded including the two tables I have mentioned here and it works just fine!

So everything is perfect and works like clockwork. have a nice day!

Regards,

Hans

/Hans

interesting. someone complained about not getting all languages with the categories.

Does anyone have a working version of Easy Populate that will accomodate:

SPPC

Hide Products from Customer groups

Quantity Price Breaks for SPPC (Optional, Not installed in my store yet, but soon)

Does not mangle the extensive HTML
in product descriptions and product names.

I am using Excel 2007 and osCommerce 2.2 with the latest updates.

I have been trying to get this installed for 5 days (18 hour days) without out success!

I have given up and begun adding hundreds of products the old way which will take days.

Any help here would be of great help, and I can hire a coder to help tweak it to work with all the additional fields I have in my store.

Thanks in advance,

Rod

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes):

For some reason when I upload an excel file with 100 products, only the first one gets added, nothing else. I have looked at everything twice and the only logic left is the settings for the PHP. (I have a friend who is using this contrib. on PHP 4.x.x with no problems at all.) I am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 on PHP 5. Does anyone have a real fix for this new nightmare of mine...?

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes):

For some reason when I upload an excel file with 100 products, only the first one gets added, nothing else. I have looked at everything twice and the only logic left is the settings for the PHP. (I have a friend who is using this contrib. on PHP 4.x.x with no problems at all.) I am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 on PHP 5. Does anyone have a real fix for this new nightmare of mine...?

wow, it that's a nightmare... that's been addressed, please do some reading before posting. which is why support is handled in a public manner like this. :thumbsup:

wow, it that's a nightmare... that's been addressed, please do some reading before posting. which is why support is handled in a public manner like this. :thumbsup:

I posted this message because I did not find "the fix" for this problem. Could someone please point me in the right direction. (Telling me that there is a fix without an explaination of what it is does not help much.) :thumbsup:

I am very surprised that this contribution caused a lot of ink to flow!

The whole lot is very primitive to me and what is needed is some clear code in Visual Bassic for Application for example that enables excel or acces or both to write directly in the DB without any ambiguity. The necessary choosen tables or the whole lot

After trying hard to do this with "foggypopulate" I also gave up and I am now concentrating on doing it with VB.

Matpen

Edited by matpen

I am very surprised that this contribution caused a lot of ink to flow!

The whole lot is very primitive to me and what is needed is some clear code in Visual Bassic for Application for example that enables excel or acces or both to write directly in the DB without any ambiguity. The necessary choosen tables or the whole lot

After trying hard to do this with "foggypopulate" I also gave up and I am now concentrating on doing it with VB.

Matpen

Thank you for your future contribution in order to improve the way OsCommerce users will be able to populate their inventory in a perfect manner. Be sure to drop us a note when you have something that works with products attributes, separate pricing, extra fields, metatags, and multiple images :thumbsup:

I posted this message because I did not find "the fix" for this problem. Could someone please point me in the right direction. (Telling me that there is a fix without an explaination of what it is does not help much.) :thumbsup:

oh how so very rude of me, you're looking for the array_walk problem with php 5. :'(