• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

Could someone help me please???

I installed the easypopulate 2.78 .

I did everything as it says, but when I am trying to get into admin. panel I get:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Please help me I am desperate...

Regards,

Elazar

Hi,

Could someone help me please???

I installed the easypopulate 2.78 .

I did everything as it says, but when I am trying to get into admin. panel I get:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Please help me I am desperate...

Regards,

Elazar

go take a look at every file that you modified/added in the admin section and look at the end of the file if there is any return after the last ?>

example:

code...
code...
?>

and be sure it is

code...
code...
?>

it's easier to diagnose if you can see your code with line numbers

duplicate

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply !

Now I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '?' in /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php on line 54

Please help ..

Thanks again !

Elazar

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply !

Now I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '?' in /home/shakedtr/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php on line 54

Please help ..

Thanks again !

Elazar

I fixed that problem. thanks pixclinic !

Now it works but I get this server notice:

Strange but there is no default language to work... That may not happen, just in case...

Any help please will much appreciated ! Thanks. :)

Elazar

Quick Question

I am trying to put a table into my descriptions.

Ocassionally it works and sometimes it does not when loading via EP.

my separator is tab.

Could this be causing the trouble.

<table id="descript-detail"><tr><td class="underlinebold">stuff</td><td class="underline">BSDDTR</td></tr><tr><td class="underlinebold">Stuff</td><td class="underline">TEXT</td></tr><tr><td class="underlinebold">more text</td><td class="underline">text</td></tr><tr><td class="underlinebold">more text</td><td class="underline">1.3kg</td></tr><tr><td class="underlinebold">Volume</td><td class="underline">7.9 Litres</td></tr></table>

when i check the source from browser it either shows just like that and nicely formatted like i want OR i get source like this

<table id=""descript-detail""><tbody><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">TEXT</td><td class=""underline"">BSDDRT</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">text</td><td class=""underline"">text</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">more text</td><td class=""underline"">more text</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">text</td><td class=""underline"">text</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">text</td><td class=""underline"">7.9 Litres</td></tr></tbody></table>

Can anyone point me in the right direction here......

thanks gecko

this time it'll go :-)

<table id=""descript-detail""><tbody><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">TEXT</td><td class=""underline"">BSDDRT</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">text</td><td class=""underline"">text</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">more text</td><td class=""underline"">more text</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">text</td><td class=""underline"">text</td></tr><tr><td class=""underlinebold"">text</td><td class=""underline"">7.9 Litres</td></tr></tbody></table>

Can anyone point me in the right direction here......

thanks gecko

when you enter your HTML, just don't use quotes in your tags parameters, it will work the same.

Edited by pixclinic

when you enter your HTML, just don't use quotes in your tags parameters, it will work the same.

Beautiful ...thank you so much i nearly burst a blood vessel :thumbsup:

this time it'll go :-)

Trying to install 2.90 and having some problems.

2) 6. Edit file \admin\modules\filenames.php and add in bottom before ?> :

I do not have that folder/file

Should it be \admin\includes\filenames.php

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Thanks

I assumed the same and put it there, but have since reread most of this forum to discover that you have to install 3 more contribs to get this version to work properly. Also the manual and readme files are for older versions.

I was apprehensive about this contrib and I think I will just sit and wait, and upload my stock manually.

Ok this is my problem, if you go here, http://tarojoenterprises.com/product_info....roducts_id/9869 and right click on the product image and go to propeties, you will see

tarojoenterprises.com/images/www.doba.com/site/images.products/28/683-682-681.jpg

Now I need to get rid of tarojoenterprises.com/images/. For some reason i cant find the code in Easypopulate.php to chage so it does not have no default! Someone Help PLEASE!!!

Edited by JJ21

i finally after 1 full week of messing with easy populate got it to work. the only problem is that it only adds the last item in the txt file. I can have 300 or 2 products and it will list them all when i hit the insert db button but only the very last item will show up in the catalog. can someone please help.

thanks

eric

VJ.

I have to say you deserve one BIG pat on the back.

I have been testing this for approx 4 days know and no problems.

Now with the ability to delete as well, Excellent.

Just one thing..

I have tried but failed on this

Can you advise or DO

Add a seperate link to just download model number and attributes only.

I have done it for the mopics but can't figure out the attributes.

I can't Belive no one else has downloaded and installed this.

There are so many ltopics asking for this very thing

If you have.. Come on Guys give VJ some feedback.

I meticulously went through the Easy Populate install process and now have it in my server folder. And I have about 1,400 products to upload. But there does not seem to be any continuation of information that tells me how to label the fields in my product excell file in order for them to upload onto my store. Can anyone use non-technical language to either direct me to an instruction manual or just describe to me how to label the fields in my excell spreadsheet?

I meticulously went through the Easy Populate install process and now have it in my server folder. And I have about 1,400 products to upload. But there does not seem to be any continuation of information that tells me how to label the fields in my product excell file in order for them to upload onto my store. Can anyone use non-technical language to either direct me to an instruction manual or just describe to me how to label the fields in my excell spreadsheet?

you need to create first some products with your admin, "by hand".

then you download the "complete" txt file with the easypopulate interface: this will download a file with the structure.

Then, you work on the file by adding your content

Then you use the upload function of EP to populate your database

Hi,

I have installed the EP 2.79 and I use product extra field contribution. I have searched the forum and looks like many others are having the same problem but I couldn't find an answer.

The problem is: We can download the products extra field via the given link. The extra field is linked to the product using the product id. I also know that we can't assign a product id and it is generated internally by osc sql. I can't use the EP extra field feature since I don't know my product ids. What I'm looking for is a way to be able to download the product ids with the complete list so I can use the product id from that list to update my extra field list. i.e. my question is: How can I download product id with the complete list?

There should be an easy way to add product id to complete list but I'm not a php programmer so I really don't know how that is possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Hi Everyone,

I have installed the Easy Populate Mibble version (26 Jul 2005) and everything seem to work fine except the upload ep file function and the import from temp dir function.

When I try to use either functions, I get the following error message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on this server.

Below is my setting for DUCUMENT_ROOT:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/');

I have tried to use

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT');

but I got more error using the $DOCUMENT_ROOT instead of /var/www/html.

Please help!!

Chris

hey there, had a question, I am assuming this contribution will also populate the attributes correct? if so, can anyone tell me how to populate the EP for more than 1 language?

I am trying to install the Easy Populate contribution (for the 4th time) now that I have my site working. Yes I did a full backup and data backup too .

Anyway, in the instructions it says to

Once you've set these, test by doing a froogle export, and copy/paste the product_info url into your browser. Do the same for the image. Troubleshoot until this works as expected.

How do I do a Froogle export???? Someone please educate me. lol

Forget the above insertion. I found out how to do the Froogle export.

Now I also read that the first field should be the product_model.

When I open my txt file with Excel these are the fields it gives me:

product_url name description price image_url category offer_id instock shipping brand upc color size quantity product_id manufacturer_id exp_date product_type delete currency

As you can see, I don't have a product_model field.

Now do I have to add this? Also can I just add the rest of my products to this file and import it back through my Admin section? What do I have to do with it?????

Also I have tried the product url in my browser and it came up with the correct page. But when I tried the picture url I got this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/images/a353g_a351.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How do I trouble shoot something like this?

Thanks for the help.

I thought the Product Model was THE most important field you needed to use.

I keep thinking about using this Contrib, Even insatalled it once, but I found using the Excel sheet a fiddly way of inputting the descriptions of the items.

Is there an easier way of doing that?

I was also looking at the sample txt file that came with the download of EP. There are MANY fields in it and the first field is v_product_model.

So I was just thinking of modifying this one to suit my store and uploading that one.

Would that work?????

Hi, can someone help me please...

I have been using Easypopulate 2.76 for a couple of months now, however recently when I am trying to split a file i keep getting the following error:

"Warning: move_uploaded_file(/websites/symlinksadmin/temp/imagerun.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpoBoXuj' to '/websites/symlinksadmin/temp/imagerun.txt' in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: fopen(/websites/symlinksadmin/temp/imagerun.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 731

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 734

Creating file EP_Split1.txt ...

Warning: fopen(/websites/symlinksadmin/temp/EP_Split1.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 740

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 741

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 744

Added 0 records and closing file...

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 770

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /websites/LinuxPackage03/di/re/ct/direct2farm.com/public_html/warehouse/admin/easypopulate.php on line 771

You can download your split files in the Tools/Files under /catalog/temp/"

this has never happened before and is stopping me finishing uploading products to the store which is due to go live this week!

Please help ASAP!!!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU!!!!!!! to the author and all else that worked on getting this module working as well as it does!

I have been struggling with it for about a month and finally FINALLY! got it working:D:D:D:D

My congratulations to a job well done! Saved me alot of work.

hi, i am relatively new to oscommerce... but i have installed the following and have them working together:

SPPC (seperate pricing per customer)

CoolMenu

Featured Products

HPFCG (hide products from customer group)

Sort product by model (in admin

my question is will EasyPopulate work with all these?? and which version should i download?? i found the contribution page very confusing... people post a new version and then 5 lines up they say "wait! its messed up dont use it!"

Did you get rid of the voices in your head? Do you now miss them and the things that they said?

-David Gilmour