• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Did you just change the extension to CSV or did you save the file as CSV from excel? The file size will not be the same (which it appears to be), if you followed the instructions in the post I referenced.

When you open this file in notepad, it will be clearly readable text, not XLS garbage. If you see a bunch of garbage characters at the top of the file, you didn't follow the instructions in the post I referenced.

Follow these instructions to the letter...

make sure the $excel_safe_output flag set to true in the settings.

export to a CVS file, then open in excel, change one price and save, close excel, then import. (not save to a new file, not "save as", but save back to the same file)

thanks for the assistance you've been great.

v_products_model,v_products_name_1,v_products_price,EOREOR

HDD-3160023A,Seagate 160gig IDE 8meg,69.99,EOREOR

HDD-3160812A,Seagate 160gig SATA2 8meg,87.99,EOREOR

above is the first few lines of hte .csv opened in notepad, no garbage... everything looks great.

i've followed the steps and still see no change in price.

its soo odd.

Hi - I feel really stupid asking this but it obviously quite important to the success of this contribution and i cannot for the life of me figure out what to do (despite my searching all of these forums). Pick the newbie here :blush:

I am running through the instructions, carefully, and am getting stuck on /catalogue/admin/includes/configure.php and setting DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT.

What exactly am I meant to do? I have changed

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/recycled/public_html'); // where the pages are located on the server

to

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/recycled/public_html'); // where the pages are located on the server

but this just brings up errors.

This has obvioulsy not been a problem for anyone else, my lack of PHP knowledge is frustrating!

Thanks for any help

(2-minutes later) Hah, revisited post 4884 and understood what it meant!! Think I have figured it out....for now.

Edited by RecBooks

I have installed the short description contrib (well, a slightly modified version but the DB structure is the same).. How can I make EP export and import the short description?

Thanks!

above is the first few lines of hte .csv opened in notepad, no garbage... everything looks great.

its soo odd.

are you only using the "price" export? is it the same with a complete export? It's working perfectly for me.

what have you set (true/false) for the "include tax" setting?

Are you getting the report when uploading like this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpOhyQK6

User filename: EP2006Dec13-1604.csv

Size: 2605

| MG200MMS | Matrox G20 | Matrox G20 | Matrox G20 | 320.99 Updated

| MG400-32MB | Matrox G40 | Matrox G40 | Matrox G40 | 534.99 Updated

etc...

I have installed the short description contrib (well, a slightly modified version but the DB structure is the same).. How can I make EP export and import the short description?

Thanks!

just want to make sure you got a reply... I am supporting the v2.76d version "as uploaded", as I stated in the upload description. Someone else may be willing to help you in that capacity if anyone else is still watching this thread. Aside from that, use the search box at the bottom of this thread page and look for any other discussions about adding other fields. I believe there is a little help in the docs as well.

Hey guys, im having trouble, i just upgraded my EP to V. Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 and it won't let me download a coplete file or ne for that matter, ive had no problems but liked the some of the new safe features. Ne Ideas?

are you only using the "price" export? is it the same with a complete export? It's working perfectly for me.

what have you set (true/false) for the "include tax" setting?

Are you getting the report when uploading like this:

i have attempted a full export, the file is generated with no problems.

Here is my settings

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

$tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "/store/temp/";

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****

// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files

// NOTE: If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini

// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts

// set_time_limit(330);

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 300; // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

//**** Image Defaulting ****

global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif

//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';

//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';

//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing

$default_image_manufacturer = '';

$default_image_product = '';

$default_image_category = '';

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!

// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.

global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;

$active = 'Active';

$inactive = 'Inactive';

//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet

$zero_qty_inactive = true;

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****

// set this to the size of your model number field in the db. We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.

// this prevents the database from getting fubared. Just making this number bigger won't help your database! They must match!

global $modelsize;

$modelsize = 25;

//**** Price includes tax? ****

// Set the v_price_with_tax to

// 0 if you want the price without the tax included

// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.

global $price_with_tax;

$price_with_tax =false;

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = false;

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

// *** Excel safe output ***

// this setting will supersede the previous $separator setting and create a file

// that excel will import without spanning cells from embedded commas.

global $excel_safe_output;

$excel_safe_output = false; // default is: false

if ($excel_safe_output == true) { $separator = ","; }

// *** Preserve Tabs, Carriage returns and Line feeds ***

// this setting will preserve the special chars that can cause problems in

// a text based output. When used with $excel_safe_output, it will safely

// preserve these elements in the export and import.

global $preserve_tabs_cr_lf;

$preserve_tabs_cr_lf = false; // default is: false

// **** Max Category Levels ****

// change this if you need more or fewer categories

global $max_categories;

$max_categories = 3; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

// change this to true, if you use QTYpro and want to set attributes stock with EP.

global $products_attributes_stock;

$products_attributes_stock = false;

// change this if you want to download selected product options

// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)

global $attribute_options_select;

//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

i get no "update" message as you said above.

i get this

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVySXJw

User filename: EP2006Dec13-1806.csv

Size: 1165854

thast it...

i've event tried uploading the default .txt

Here is the first line of hte default (tab) export. With the price changed to 49.99 from 84.99... uploaded, no update message, but says file uploaded (see above) and no change to pricing. (this board changes formats, all spaces are tabs)

HDD-3160023A seagate_harddrive.jpg Seagate 160gig IDE 8meg <ul><li>160 gig </li><li>7200 RPM </li><li>IDE </li><li>8 meg Buffer </li></ul> 49.99 0 11/17/2005 20:59 1 Hardware HardDrives gst/pst taxable Active EOREOR

why the heck isnt this working, im missing something

Edited by aybc

this is comma delimited, set it to tab delimited within the easypopulate.php file, save as tab delimited and then do the import to your site.

its soo odd.

what browsers have you tried?

What settings have you changed at the top of the easypopulate.php file?

can you be more descriptive on where you clicked?

I downloaded and installed this package "EP_v2_76d_MS2". I installed it one one clean oscommerce site, and it works well. Then I installed it on another oscommerce site (the two oscommerce sites are on different servers)which has been installed some contributions, and then it could not work. I did not change anything. I just installed it according to the manuel, and when I click "Download Complete .txt file to edit", "https://www.proteqdesign.com/proadmin/easypopulate.php" is changed to "https://www.proteqdesign.com/proadmin/easypopulate.php?download=stream&dltype=full", but the page is still the same page, and i could not see any popup window here. I tried it in both maxthon and IE, the same problem, my server info: PHP Version: 4.4.4 (Zend: 1.3.0) Database: MySQL 4.1.21-log

Any suggestion about this?

Hey guys, im having trouble, i just upgraded my EP to V. Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 and it won't let me download a coplete file or ne for that matter, ive had no problems but liked the some of the new safe features. Ne Ideas?

can you please try version v2.76c and tell me if you experience the same trouble?

i have attempted a full export, the file is generated with no problems.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpVySXJw

User filename: EP2006Dec13-1806.csv

Size: 1165854

why the heck isnt this working, im missing something

well if you still have excel safe output set to false. that was the first thing I asked you to do was to set it to true.

I downloaded and installed this package "EP_v2_76d_MS2". I installed it one one clean oscommerce site, and it works well. Then I installed it on another oscommerce site (the two oscommerce sites are on different servers)which has been installed some contributions, and then it could not work. I did not change anything. I just installed it according to the manuel, and when I click "Download Complete .txt file to edit", "https://www.proteqdesign.com/proadmin/easypopulate.php" is changed to "https://www.proteqdesign.com/proadmin/easypopulate.php?download=stream&dltype=full", but the page is still the same page, and i could not see any popup window here. I tried it in both maxthon and IE, the same problem, my server info: PHP Version: 4.4.4 (Zend: 1.3.0) Database: MySQL 4.1.21-log

Any suggestion about this?

does it work creating in the temp folder? IE (what version?)

Edited by surfalot

THe same problem with "creating in the temp folder". IE version: 6.0

have you tried v2.76c? same trouble or no? (you just need to replace the easypopulate.php)

Edited by surfalot

have you tried v2.76c? same trouble or no? (you just need to replace the easypopulate.php)

I did not see "v2.76c". But i tried "Easy Populater 2.78" since I have used this package before. The same problem. any idea about this problem? could it cause by server enviroment? or configure.php since I changed "admin" to another name "proadmin" in this file.

I did not see "v2.76c". But i tried "Easy Populater 2.78" since I have used this package before. The same problem. any idea about this problem? could it cause by server enviroment? or configure.php since I changed "admin" to another name "proadmin" in this file.

that version is there, I really would like to know if that one does or not. So I can eliminate my changes as a cause. also, are you absolutely sure your temp folder is set correctly?

one thing might help...

in your /catalog/includes/application_top.php file, find:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change it to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

see if any errors show up after this change.

that version is there, I really would like to know if that one does or not. So I can eliminate my changes as a cause. also, are you absolutely sure your temp folder is set correctly?

one thing might help...

in your /catalog/includes/application_top.php file, find:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change it to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

see if any errors show up after this change.

1. I tried "EP_v2_76c_MS2". same problem

2. for "temp" folder, i do it according to the manual:

Make sure that you have a directory called catalog/temp, and that it's permissions

are set to allow writes to that directory (while you're in the catalog directory, execute

"chmod 777 temp").

3. I edit "/catalog/includes/application_top.php ", same problem

what about using the "Download on-the-fly" is that not producing a download either?

for "Download on-the-fly", the same problem.

for "Download on-the-fly", the same problem.

I out of general ideas, the next step I would take on that box (if you are really determined to find the problem), is to start at line 311 of easypopulate.php. Add this in the blank space there:

echo "I'm here";
exit;

the upload, open easypopulate in your browser, try a download. You should see "I'm Here" be displayed. Then move that 2 line block of code down to another break in the code and try again. when you stop seeing that "I'm Here" displayed we'll know where it blows-up.

The last line of the download code is 686. so you can stop there.

Edited by surfalot

hi we are working with EP now for a few days and we ran into two problems

one problem is that after import the " quotes are changed into "

they " quates are for hyperlinks within the product subscription

after the import it also adds http://vliegeruit.com/ocs in front of he url of the hyperlink if i change the " manual back its all right the link is oke again (but 6000 productimport will be a long work than )

i read some attirbutes that others too had same kind of trouble but i could find an solution yet

also in the url box for the product image it put the url http://vliegeruit.com/ocs in front of it

so it looks like http://vliegeruit.com/ocs/http://www.otherurl.com

the second quistion is when we import most productdecriptions are cut of after around 250 characters

only not the first and last one as far as i can see , any body an idea , how that possible or can be avoided or changed

already thank you for reading my problem and i hope anybody can help me

greetings Arthur

hi we are working with EP now for a few days and we ran into two problems

one problem is that after import the " quotes are changed into "

they " quates are for hyperlinks within the product subscription

after the import it also adds http://vliegeruit.com/ocs in front of he url of the hyperlink if i change the " manual back its all right the link is oke again (but 6000 productimport will be a long work than )

also in the url box for the product image it put the url http://vliegeruit.com/ocs in front of it

so it looks like http://vliegeruit.com/ocs/http://www.otherurl.com

the second quistion is when we import most productdecriptions are cut of after around 250 characters

only not the first and last one as far as i can see , any body an idea , how that possible or can be avoided or changed

What version of EP are you using?

if you are using v2.76d, then find the setting: $show_ep_settings at the top of your easypopulate.php file and set it to true. The open EP in your admin and highlight then copy the Settings Column that appears. Paste them into the post with the answer to the above questions.

Well.... After installing the latest version I have found that easypopulate doesn't export/import the fields filename, expiry days and maximum download count under product attributes. Is there a quick way to add this fields to be exported/imported into the code?????

hi,

i've been using Easy Populate for a long time now and just updated from 2.74-MS2 to the newest 2.76d-MS2 by surfalot because of the Excel-safe output.

With regular output as a tab-delimited txt-file surfalot's version works fine, but the Excel-safe output doesn't

seem to create properly formatted files.

When I open the csv-file with a double click Excel reads all the columns in one column like this:

v_products_model,v_products_name_2,v_products_description_2,v_products_image,v_c
ategories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_categories_name_4,EORE
OR

It doesn't separate the columns.

Any ideas?

Hi

I have installed Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1) with the following

PHP Version: 5.0.4 (Zend: 2.0.4-dev)

Database: MySQL 5.0.21-standard-log

Temp Dir:

/websites/symlinks/de/ca/ls/xxxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/temp/

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: true

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 3

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

I have changed easypopulate.php with the php 5 update. I have tried every combination suggested in this topic for the settings to the temp dir. I have even tried "nothing" to try and get an error message.

All it does when you try to create a .csv file is refresh the page, I have search through this topic and read eveything I think is of relevence but nothing seems to work. I have not got any contributions installed that should cause a conflict.

Any suggestions please

Regards

Mike

What version of EP are you using?

if you are using v2.76d, then find the setting: $show_ep_settings at the top of your easypopulate.php file and set it to true. The open EP in your admin and highlight then copy the Settings Column that appears. Paste them into the post with the answer to the above questions.

here are the settings

yes we are using 2.76d

Settings

Temp Dir:

/home/vliegeru/public_html/osc/catalog/temp/

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 25

Price with tax: true

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: tab

Excel safe output: false

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false